Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Clonakilty International Guitar festival
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.15.2010, 02:30 PM   #21
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
see you there!

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2010, 07:00 PM   #22
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Just saw this now. It completely slipped passed me. How bloody annoying. I would have gone to see both performances. What songs did he play?
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2010, 07:24 PM   #23
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
recording of da set in mp3 format.

http://sharebee.com/bb72f5ff

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2010, 10:02 PM   #25
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses

Old 09.18.2010, 06:00 AM   #26
greenlight
invito al cielo

set was amazing. typical sheer, earsplitting, terror, dark, ambient, drone, noise attack a la Lee. he really know what he's doing with his guitar and pedals. despite whole set was impro., he had control over story and concept, creating pure unique art soundscapes born that very moment and never coming back in time, again in some new, different, weird, unique setting, made it very special occasion as always. but you know that. it's about that moment and audio or video recording is really just tiny, slight indication of what it really was.

for me 2 new elements in his typical set from what I've seen before. using a smartphone (ehrmm, or htc or iphone 4) against the strings, playing a voicemail or smth. from phone via picks. very cool. and finally new pictures! no more stan's or drift vids, but something new. not that i don't like drift videos, but it's been some time he was using them. from what he told me it's from some french artist, but I can't remember the name now.

yeah, i had a brief chat with him. asked him about releasing new soundtrack to Gobert's movie (they will release it, they still mixing it). joking and biting about if, when and why still no propper Lee Ranaldo record, that so many people are waiting (he replied with smile saying he's working on it). mentioned sy gossip board (moshe, rappard, jef mertens was few of names i mentioned and he recognize them very well). then we've just talked about what bringing him to such a tiny town in southwest of Ireland and how he likes it. no question about sy from my side. forgot to ask him so many things i wanted, well next time. pity i've miss yesterday seminar he had. couldn't stay for two days.

talking about atmosphere and stuff it was ok. really nice small venue (pub), which must be very known locally, maybe internationally as well....seeing pictures of famous musicians who visited that place hanging on the walls. quite nice crowd turned up for such a small town. i'd say around 50-80 people and as usually it goes on sy happenings, represented by every generation. i think people were expecting something else tho. i'd say propper songs. you could see different reactions. but in the end he got a great applause and thanks and reactions vere great from what i've been talking to strangers.

i'll share my 48kHz/24bit master recording on dime soon.

it was nice to meet sonic sphere from gossip forum...again....such a lovely guy. thanks for taking care of me and my grlf. and staying in yr friends house overnight. thanks to rob as well!

Old 09.18.2010, 07:17 AM   #27
purplebumblebee
bad moon rising

purplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
set was amazing. typical sheer, earsplitting, terror, dark, ambient, drone, noise attack a la Lee. he really know what he's doing with his guitar and pedals. despite whole set was impro., he had control over story and concept, creating pure unique art soundscapes born that very moment and never coming back in time, again in some new, different, weird, unique setting, made it very special occasion as always. but you know that. it's about that moment and audio or video recording is really just tiny, slight indication of what it really was.

for me 2 new elements in his typical set from what I've seen before. using a smartphone (ehrmm, or htc or iphone 4) against the strings, playing a voicemail or smth. from phone via picks. very cool. and finally new pictures! no more stan's or drift vids, but something new. not that i don't like drift videos, but it's been some time he was using them. from what he told me it's from some french artist, but I can't remember the name now.

yeah, i had a brief chat with him. asked him about releasing new soundtrack to Gobert's movie (they will release it, they still mixing it). joking and biting about if, when and why still no propper Lee Ranaldo record, that so many people are waiting (he replied with smile saying he's working on it). mentioned sy gossip board (moshe, rappard, jef mertens was few of names i mentioned and he recognize them very well). then we've just talked about what bringing him to such a tiny town in southwest of Ireland and how he likes it. no question about sy from my side. forgot to ask him so many things i wanted, well next time. pity i've miss yesterday seminar he had. couldn't stay for two days.

talking about atmosphere and stuff it was ok. really nice small venue (pub), which must be very known locally, maybe internationally as well....seeing pictures of famous musicians who visited that place hanging on the walls. quite nice crowd turned up for such a small town. i'd say around 50-80 people and as usually it goes on sy happenings, represented by every generation. i think people were expecting something else tho. i'd say propper songs. you could see different reactions. but in the end he got a great applause and thanks and reactions vere great from what i've been talking to strangers.

i'll share my 48kHz/24bit master recording on dime soon.

it was nice to meet sonic sphere from gossip forum...again....such a lovely guy. thanks for taking care of me and my grlf. and staying in yr friends house overnight. thanks to rob as well!

Excellent write up!
Was there too :-) have to say was very excited to see the hanging guitar, I knew then what was in store for us
Spoke with Lee after, such a friendly nice chap, easy to talk too, god only knows what I was saying to him though
Very special night indeed, lots of nice folk out for it too
Old 09.18.2010, 11:37 AM   #28
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
god damn it! sorry i missed it now! oh well couldnt be helped i suppose.
Old 09.18.2010, 04:41 PM   #29
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
recording of da set in mp3 format.

http://sharebee.com/bb72f5ff

Thanks for this man.
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2010, 12:19 PM   #30
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Greenlight... thanks for the great report, pics and recording.

Mucho appreciated!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to greenlight again.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 09:12 AM   #31
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
just back from cork, had a great few days down there!
well i think greenlight has pretty much covered everything
from what was an amazing show. i never thought i'd get to
see lee solo, let alone in such a tiny venue in west cork!
got to speak with the man himself briefly, and he signed
my dirty windows cd. richard! great to see you again!
i'm afraid i didn't make it to the seminar, (we ended up
in kinsale that evening) glad you made it home ok in the end

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 08:01 PM   #32
greenlight
invito al cielo

yo John! planet earth is calling...welcome back! wasnt the gig exactly a week ago? yours first post to this thread since a week after, hmmmm, you had to stratch your weekend allright. happy days! dont be worry over that seminar. it's grand. wasnt that mad about it, eventhough if i would have more chance, I'd go, but we really had to head back. are we going to do that trading again then?

i've just listened to my master recording and it sounds so amazing. best live recording i've done up to date. probably because of perfect setup, perfect spot, no crowd talk throughout the whole recording (!) only applause. sound is so rich and clean like from studio and not live recording. have to post this one to Lee....

Old 09.29.2010, 04:40 AM   #33
Mako
little trouble girl

Mako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's asses
I can't believe I missed out on that! Sounds neat
Mako is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2010, 01:43 AM   #34
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.l2pnet.com/blogs/tour-%E2...cians-11012010
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth