Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Forget Columbine massacre, welcome to Bratislava
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.30.2010, 01:45 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hence my statement about whether or not it would have made things better or worse to have a citizen shoot that crazy fuck.

it could go either way.
Old 08.30.2010, 02:00 PM   #22
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
thankfully great part of the world is more civilized than houston.

exactly. I don't want your average joe 6 pack to be judge, jury AND executioner.
FUCK! america is nuts.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2010, 02:13 PM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
so you think the best option is to wait until the gunman is either out of ammo, after killing and shooting people, and hope the police come to stop it?

it may be.

Howveer, one well placed shot to that fucker's head froma concerned and armed citizen could just as easily save a LOT of lives.
Old 08.30.2010, 02:15 PM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

and hevusa, if you really think the police exist to protect people from crazed gunmen, yr crazy.

the police force exists to POLICE the citizenry, whether you commit a crime or not. they are the enforcement arm of the powers that be. They currently (in USA) let white people with money snort kilo after kilo of cocaine yet they harrass and indiscriminately incarcerate mainly blacks and hispanics. interesting...
Old 08.30.2010, 02:20 PM   #25
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Howveer, one well placed shot to that fucker's head froma concerned and armed citizen could just as easily save a LOT of lives.

Not when you factor in how many people die in America on a daily basis because guns are legal and readily available. I'd rather have the police take care of isolated instances like this AND NOT have to live in a country with gun rates 4 times higher than any other in the industrialized world.

Fucking retarded. I know it makes your cock feel big but get over it already.
Old 08.30.2010, 02:49 PM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

i don't own a gun. Never have. scared of them.
Old 08.30.2010, 04:55 PM   #27
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
as you choose to see it

when Katrina destroyed New Orleans it was Houston, and Houstonians, with no federal or state oversight or support (1), who willingly took care of over 125 thousand displaced citizens of new orleans (2). seems pretty civilized huh?

(1) Main problem, really.
(2) Please don't act like other people in other countries wouldn't do that, it's a human thing.

This is disgusting and once again, this sociopath would have done less damage with a knife.

One interesting aspect of sociopaths is that they aren't normally very creative. So they've been seeing this kind of bullshit happen very often lately and as usual, try to immitate each other.

Cunts.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2010, 05:06 PM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
(1) Main problem, really.
(2) Please don't act like other people in other countries wouldn't do that, it's a human thing.

per # 2 - peopel and cities and towns in the USA were actively turning away the tens of thousands of mostly black poor people who left new orleans. OTHER PEOPLE DID NOT DO what Houston did. dallas alone sent off around 15 thousand people when they "ran out of room"
Old 08.30.2010, 05:08 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

banning gun ownership by the populace really did a lot to keep this psycho from getting an army issue rifle and murdering people huh Knox?

and with a knife he may have just ended up killing the family. either way would be massive SUX
Old 08.30.2010, 05:08 PM   #30
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
as you choose to see it

when Katrina destroyed New Orleans it was Houston, and Houstonians, with no federal or state oversight or support, who willingly took care of over 125 thousand displaced citizens of new orleans. seems pretty civilized huh?

Brilliant response.

I know I've said it before, but Texas is one of my favorite states. Not only because it's beautiful, but because of reasons like this.
Old 08.30.2010, 05:23 PM   #31
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
banning gun ownership by the populace really did a lot to keep this psycho from getting an army issue rifle and murdering people huh Knox?

and with a knife he may have just ended up killing the family. either way would be massive SUX

Rob:

Please try to kill someone with a knife and then with a gun. Compare the difficulties.

Banning gun ownership in one place does not change the lack of industry regulation: currently allowed to sell to anyone anywhere (terrorists? criminals? they don't have to check as long as they're getting paid) which is surely how anyone can always end up getting hold of one.

Also, even if other people in the US were turning victims of Katrina away you shouldn't assume that people in other countries would do the same.

I've seen people come together everytime there is a natural disaster. Unfortunately, people don't seem to do much for each other when there is no disaster... go figure.

Old 08.30.2010, 06:15 PM   #32
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Rob:

Please try to kill someone with a knife and then with a gun. Compare the difficulties.

Banning gun ownership in one place does not change the lack of industry regulation: currently allowed to sell to anyone anywhere (terrorists? criminals? they don't have to check as long as they're getting paid) which is surely how anyone can always end up getting hold of one.

Also, even if other people in the US were turning victims of Katrina away you shouldn't assume that people in other countries would do the same.

I've seen people come together everytime there is a natural disaster. Unfortunately, people don't seem to do much for each other when there is no disaster... go figure.

Of course! Most people are willing to help those in serious need than what most paranoid sorts are willing to believe. Rob's remark was initially in response to verme's uber-ignorant remark. It wasn't just any state that helped out (on that level...plenty others, including GA, helped on a smaller scale) it was Texas. Rob was just attempting to demonstrate that his own state isn't as uncivilized as many might believe...but as usual, the remark was twisted around for the sake of someone having something to bitch about.

Also, Rob is trying to say (something you seemingly fail to not only believe, but understand all together) guns are readily available even in places with strict laws when it comes to obtaining them. Again, nothing can be done about guns...they've been here for a long time, and they will continue to be. They are already EVERYWHERE....they can not all be CONFISCATED, most that own them will not volunteer to just give them up. Even if one views them as being this awful/terrible thing, the only way to deal with it is to accept it otherwise you are putting yrself through MUCH stress.

It's almost as pointless as a one man war set out to end religion.

+ I've never stabbed anyone, but Susan Atkins said it felt much like stabbing a pillow. This may be because because she MAY HAVE stabbed a certain Sharon Tate in the tummy (as I imagine drilling a knife through a breast plate to be much more difficult....) but whatever.

Read up on how simple it is to make firearms....I suspect even you could build one in yr room for less than 75 dollars worth of materials from yr local hardware store. SO easy....and like I've said before, if it became difficult to obtain 'em (which it won't)...they will become illegally manufactured. We aren't talking about NASA-grade technology...we're talking about something that has been made for how many hundreds of years now? EASY SHIT....

Industry regulation is something that only makes sense to someone that doesn't have any idea how this stuff works.

Why must you twist every thread into something that fits yr own personal interests?
Old 08.30.2010, 06:38 PM   #33
knox
invito al cielo

I think the part you missed is that the reason why they are readily available is because the industry is not regulated.

JESUS CHRIST.

Ok. Yeah these are MY personal interests. aham.
Actually, it wasn't me to drag that discussion here.

I'm not interested, now leave me alone.

Old 08.30.2010, 07:07 PM   #34
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

/thread.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2010, 07:15 PM   #35
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I think the part you missed is that the reason why they are readily available is because the industry is not regulated.

JESUS CHRIST.

Ok. Yeah these are MY personal interests. aham.
Actually, it wasn't me to drag that discussion here.

But, this is something that has been going on far too long, which is MY point. Just imagine all the MILLIONS of guns purchased in the 80's that are just out there...floating around. Consider the fact that militias in South American are still often found using guns made during the VIETNAM era....

You're acting like Jon Boy....you say yr not interested but you wasted yr time responding. Makes little to no sense...sorry.
Old 08.30.2010, 09:07 PM   #36
knox
invito al cielo

You gotta start somewhere to make a change in the long term. Unlike you, I believe in change. Call me an idealist - but trying is better than doing nothing at all. If you manage to save a a few lives (not all), it already makes a huge difference to a lot of people. You gotta start by making certain "sacrifices" - which in reality aren't sacrifices at all. I know you wanna argue with me, fair enough. But I've been studying/involved with the subject for a few years now and I know, fact after fact, stats after stats, small changes can save lots of lives.

Old 08.30.2010, 09:42 PM   #37
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

I agree with everything you just said, just not when it comes to guns. People love them too much (a), + (b) while it does INDEED sadden me when they are misused, I still fall under the school of that people should have the right to protect themselves...and in today's world (like amerikangod was getting at) guns happen to be the method most prefer for home/self protection.

I'm fine with the idea of people having to go through (maybe) stricter exams (including mental...) in order to obtain them.

And stats differ from place to place. I'm not the only one that has mentioned various communities that eventually allowed (that formally didn't to every day citizens) handguns with drastic crime rate declines as a result. Individual places should also be taken into consideration....even if (again) people that want them will find a way to get them regardless....just consider the situation with illegal drugs......(only some of which I think should be illegal)...

I'm an idealist, too, when it comes to some things. But I also try and be realistic, too.
Old 08.30.2010, 09:58 PM   #38
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
knives aren't a realistic alternative for mass murderers, bombs and arson are.
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2010, 10:34 PM   #39
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
and hevusa, if you really think the police exist to protect people from crazed gunmen, yr crazy

call me crazy then.
Old 08.30.2010, 11:10 PM   #40
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I agree with everything you just said, just not when it comes to guns. People love them too much (a), + (b) while it does INDEED sadden me when they are misused, I still fall under the school of that people should have the right to protect themselves...and in today's world (like amerikangod was getting at) guns happen to be the method most prefer for home/self protection.

Alarm systems can be more effective to ease paranoia.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth