Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page scientology
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2010, 03:00 PM   #21
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
you know i read bits of that interview and my mind screams dr.benway when he goes on about his tecniques on how to control people etc. was that before or after burroughs had an experience with scienotlogy

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2010, 03:03 PM   #22
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
benway was before, first appeared in the mid 50's i think. his scientology days were late 60's.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2010, 03:26 PM   #23
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
(why are you typing in capital letters... to impress people??)

YES. IS IT FUCKING WORKING YET???

WHAT ABOUT NOW?

NOW?

HOW ABOUT NOW?

WORKING YET?

NOW?

OK?

YES?

PS: EVEN CUNTS ARE WELCOME IN MY CULT. ESPECIALLY CUNTS.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2010, 03:26 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
its a lot of work to run a cult. A 24 hours a day job. Jim Jones solved the problem by having his assistants hold buckets for him under the podium so he could urinate while making long speeches. But he constantly needed to manipulate his followers so they would never question him, just each other. You don't get any break from that.

true. thats why is is much easier to simply join an established religion and corrupt the coffers and the tithe and the building fund

its much easier to manipulate and corrupt a living truth already widely accepted and believed, rather than to invent your own.
Running a religious organization or a cult is a lot like a restaurant, your better off sticking with a classic favorite..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2010, 03:30 PM   #25
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
ahahahaha.

so you're really just a white man out to corrupt whatever little sliver of hope the ethiopians have left. your worse than geldoff!
Old 05.26.2010, 03:36 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for posting that long-ass interview in big letters and with proper spacing. it actually made it readable! interesting stuff. those fuckers are creeeeeeeepy!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2010, 03:39 PM   #27
ni'k
invito al cielo

if you look up on their wiki they had this thing called "operation freak out" were they tried to get a woman who wrote a book critical of them locked up in a mental home.

its almost like some stupid biblical prophecy come true. some dude thinks he's satan and sets up his new relegion in L.A. of course.
Old 05.26.2010, 03:41 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
if you look up on their wiki they had this thing called "operation freak out" were they tried to get a woman who wrote a book critical of them locked up in a mental home.

its almost like some stupid biblical prophecy come true. some dude thinks he's satan and sets up his new relegion in L.A. of course.

they have a shop on hollywood blvd and i was in a hotel nearby so i would pass them often and they tried to accost me several times but my fuck-offs (delivered both verbally and through body language) are pretty solid, so they bounced back like insects.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2010, 03:46 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
ahahahaha.

so you're really just a white man out to corrupt whatever little sliver of hope the ethiopians have left. your worse than geldoff!

not at all, I'm a sincere youth minister within the Tewahedo community, hoping desperately that these likkle yut grow up to take communion, get married, baptize their kids and bury their relatives (ie, take the sacraments)

BUT, I am wise beyond my years and I have seen A LOT of wolves in sheep's clothing, whose eyes are strictly on the duckets and not the flock

Old 05.26.2010, 03:58 PM   #30
ni'k
invito al cielo

yeah i imagine so.

its the same in ireland. christians are largely corrupt, or stupidly pious. charity shop humble/guilty/right wing. and even the better ones seem to me to be almost always running these exclusionary clubs that only benefit a tiny few and blame the rest of us for our "moral" failings, when its their system that creates poverty. they will do shit like help out old people and clean their houses and give them furniture that they horde, but only if those old people sign over their souls completely. my friends dad is like that, they drive past his house all the time to check if he's smoking cigs or drinking.

if there is a rich dude with a suit whose into embellzement or fraud or wherever he always goes to church.

they had this fund were they all got together and people were putting in their life savings, it had millions in it. got stolen, whole massive scandal still going on. i felt sorry for some of them. seemed like OK people who had put in their ENTIRE savings and lost it all.

christianity is all based on mens property rights anyway. the corruption of the garden of eden by woman and all that. its the relegion of capitalism. you can admire some of its humanitarian efforts and it can even be a good tool to help people get clean. but ultimately its as corrupt as anything else. they do a good job of keeping people in there place, the state loves it. yet at the same time you get these occasions when they will go against the grain and help illegal immigrants in ways that are illegal. i dont see it as having a GREAT emancipatory potential tho. but i wouldnt argue that it couldn't entirely.
Old 05.26.2010, 04:04 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah i imagine so.

its the same in ireland. christians are largely corrupt, or stupidly pious. charity shop humble/guilty/right wing. and even the better ones seem to me to be almost always running these exclusionary clubs that only benefit a tiny few and blame the rest of us for our "moral" failings

you can admire some of its humanitarian efforts and it can even be a good tool to help people get clean. but ultimately its as corrupt as anything else.
true and true. when I was volunteering on skid row, I would run across bible thumperz who actually had the nerve to tell homeless folks that they were going to go to hell! I had to interject into numerous conversations there because the religious people were being assholes. When I minister on the street I don't even bring a bible to thump. True Christianity is that you care for the poor, these folks don't want to hear about hell, they are already living in it, they just want to have a genuine, sincere and (surprise surprise) normal conversation to feel like normal (rather than spit upon) human beings.

religion is never corrupted, but we carry these truths in weary vessels..

Old 05.26.2010, 04:05 PM   #32
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
do you know what i like about christians, personally?
particularly the most extreme new born christians?

like when you sit there and they say they are all tollerant and shit, they love you regardless, they do not judge or whatever.

and then you might wanna start saying shit that you do, like i don't pray, i wasn't baptized, i am pro-abortion, do drugs, want gay people to adopt and whatnot and they will be trying SO HARD to still sit next to you and say hello to you and go in the lift with you when in reality they are 50% afraid of being contaminated by your filthy presence and 50% satisfied with the thought that you are going to hell and THEY ARE NOT.

It's such a great face to watch and you might wanna start doing it, telling them your sin stories it's pure torture/relief for them, then they might get a bit scared with the fact they actually enjoy hearing it, i don't know.

All I know is that this is great fun and I'll never stop doing it.

Old 05.26.2010, 04:07 PM   #33
ni'k
invito al cielo

hahha! that's true! i did that to one girl who was giving out coffee one time. i told her about all my debauchery in depth. she told me "i think you would make a REALLY good christian."
Old 05.26.2010, 04:07 PM   #34
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

and then you might wanna start saying shit that you do, like i don't pray, i wasn't baptized, i am pro-abortion, do drugs, want gay people to adopt and whatnot and they will be trying SO HARD to still sit next to you and say hello to you and go in the lift with you when in reality they are 50% afraid of being contaminated by your filthy presence and 50% satisfied with the thought that you are going to hell and THEY ARE NOT.

just so you know, those kind of folks are not Christians, we have a word for them already, its called self-righteous assholes

Old 05.26.2010, 04:10 PM   #35
ni'k
invito al cielo

christianity is the hip new thing in philosophy circles. badiou, zizek, mark fisher, they are all into this whole "st. paul as ethical model" thing. what's funny is that in many ways its coming out of a reaction to neoliberalism. as if bush was the failed jesus and now these guys feel a bit guilty and need a st. paul to clear things up.
Old 05.26.2010, 04:13 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
christianity is the hip new thing in philosophy circles. badiou, zizek, mark fisher, they are all into this whole "st. paul as ethical model" thing. what's funny is that in many ways its coming out of a reaction to neoliberalism. as if bush was the failed jesus and now these guys feel a bit guilty and need a st. paul to clear things up.

that is precisely the problem. people do not approach Christianity as a serious spiritual discipline, rather an intellectual or philosophical play thing..

Worship is serious verb that most people do not take seriously, across all faiths but especially in the superficial atmosphere or contemporary america.

Old 05.26.2010, 04:19 PM   #37
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
I ♥ VOODOU
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2010, 04:22 PM   #38
knox
invito al cielo

why can't people just accept they are evil?

they wanna go to heaven and see you go to hell.
it's like your neighbor working hard to get the newest biggest LCD TV or whatever with that secret satisfaction "i have it, you don't".

it occurs to me that's what that girl next door felt when she kept showing me her endless barbie collection. what a bitch.

thank god she's obese and a failed model now. that's what she gets. barbie house/airplane/car can't do much now huh.

Old 05.26.2010, 04:32 PM   #39
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
why can't people just accept they are evil?

they wanna go to heaven and see you go to hell.
it's like your neighbor working hard to get the newest biggest LCD TV or whatever with that secret satisfaction "i have it, you don't".

it occurs to me that's what that girl next door felt when she kept showing me her endless barbie collection. what a bitch.

thank god she's obese and a failed model now. that's what she gets. barbie house/airplane/car can't do much now huh.
agreed. but knox, I know A LOT of people from a broad spectrum of faiths, who are in fact sincere in their love, empathy and concern for humanity. On my worst days, I even pray to see the devil in heaven.

On skid row once some bible thumper I interrupted his fire and brimstone pitch to agree with the homeless dude that we are all equal in the eyes of God, and that through the compassion of Jesus we either are ALL going to heaven or NONE are going, the thumper asked me, "So, Hitler should go to heaven?"

I replied, "I would hope to see him there, and if heaven is a place that anyone is left out of, than I wouldn't bother either."

Old 05.26.2010, 04:43 PM   #40
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
agreed. but knox, I know A LOT of people from a broad spectrum of faiths, who are in fact sincere in their love, empathy and concern for humanity. On my worst days, I even pray to see the devil in heaven.

On skid row once some bible thumper I interrupted his fire and brimstone pitch to agree with the homeless dude that we are all equal in the eyes of God, and that through the compassion of Jesus we either are ALL going to heaven or NONE are going, the thumper asked me, "So, Hitler should go to heaven?"

I replied, "I would hope to see him there, and if heaven is a place that anyone is left out of, than I wouldn't bother either."

lol.
thank you for this.

but wouldn't that legally make you an accomplice?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth