Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page I Read Something..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.04.2007, 01:48 PM   #1
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
I was at work, and since it's like -40 C right now, no one wants to leave their home. I work at a bookstore, so I have plenty to do when I'm bored. We just recieved a few copies of "We Owe You Nothing", and I hadn't read it, so I picked it up.

I've been thinking and talking so much about how "everything has been done before". I'm refering to music for the most part, but not just that. Nor anything artisic in general. Life, you know?

Anyway, I just about tipped my chair over while reading Thurston's chapter. It didn't blow me away, but I just felt sheer "inspiration", and happiness. I know how this sounds. A little silly, or redundant. I'm just tired of being apathetic. Not just feeling it, but being it. I know there have been plenty of threads relating to this idea, but I wanted to have my say, in a ranting manner.

Well, I'm talking about Thurston's quote. To sum it up, basically, he said he doesn't create music with the thought that it NEEDS to be completely different, you know? He isn't worried about doing something new or revolutionary. He just creates art based on sincere creativity. This is coming from a man who DID do numerous new, and to many, revolutionary things. Isn't this beyond obvious? Like "Ok, who cares?".

My point is, I'm starting to see this side of things not only in music and visual art, but I'm seeing life from the same view. I just felt SO happy, you know? I couldn't wipe the damn, foolish smile off my face. Just a great feeling to be overcome by, that's all.
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2007, 02:37 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I'd like to think (or at least hope) that everyone makes music from their heart, not JUST to be different. My heart tells me to do things no one has done before, but if I decide at some point I'd rather play pop punk I will. Fuck it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth