Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth Etc. : Sensational Fix
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.19.2009, 05:07 AM   #121
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
it's time for me to order some then. is there any on ebay? have to check it out when I get home...

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 05:17 AM   #122
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
On ebay there's just one from an italian seller (no, it's not my account ), 99 Euros. Bah.
That amazon thing is annoying.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 08:51 AM   #123
al shabbray

already rising prices? quick
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 09:00 AM   #124
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I think the seller is just trying to get some easy money..on the other hand, that's the only copy on the whole ebay, if the searching engine isn't playing trics on me...
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 09:02 AM   #125
al shabbray

the search engine from ebay is just a trick-machine from time to time, I hate that thing
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 09:16 PM   #126
faggot mangler
little trouble girl

faggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's assesfaggot mangler kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know if anyone mentioned it but David Byrne did a write up on his blog about the show.

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2009/0...Csseldorf.html

The start of our European tour. We arrive at an ungodly hour in the morning, having only slept a few hours, at best, on the flight. Most of us sit like zombies wolfing down the amazing breakfast spread at our hotel. Some of us agree to meet at 1pm to get out and about.
There’s a Sonic Youth exhibit called “Sensational Fix” at the local museum. It’s got the expected album covers and music paraphernalia, but given that it’s Sonic Youth, the show is split between their art collections and their own work. As such it’s a taste of their world — friends, influences, connections, collaborations and accumulated collections of artwork and ephemera. (I’ve heard that Thurston and some of the others are obsessively rabid record collectors — especially obscure “out” stuff like old Sun Ra vinyl and Japanese noise bands — but that trove might have to wait for some other venue to see the light of day.)
There is work by their pals Richard Prince, Raymond Pettibon, Tony Oursler, Mike Kelley and Rita Ackermann — some of which was used for record covers; work by those who inspired them — a video of John Cage on “What’s My Line?”, Ginsberg photos of his Beat pals, William Burroughs’ gunshot art; and some of their own videos, paintings, collages and installations. Here’s a lovely walk-in room that Christian Marclay did — the floor littered to a few inches thickness with old vinyl. For a record lover, the experience is a kind of sacrilege — and that’s the point.

The exhibit posits Sonic Youth more as an art/media collective than simply as a band — which is probably accurate, though most people know them through their more accessible recordings, of course. But this is closer to how they must see themselves — as the hyphenate legacy of both the Beat and performance art worlds, and the wacky fringes of pop culture — death metal, freaky cults, underground comics, vinyl junkies and the dark side of Madonna and Karen Carpenter. What’s nice about it is the thread that ties together the art world with the pop music world with the Beat poets and a million others — and it stretches through time, backwards, forwards and sideways. It’s also a world of fandom — in a way, Sonic Youth are impresarios presenting the work of others that they love.
I might be imagining it, but it seems to me that in Europe, the mixing of pop culture and high art — as evidenced in this show, put on in a big, state-run museum, as opposed to an alternative art space — is more accepted as an idea than in the US. It could explain why the show originated here, and might only reach the US after traveling elsewhere for a while. Here, it seems that Sonic Youth can be perceived as an arts collective that happens to occasionally make accessible recordings, rather than as a pop band that dabbles in art.
faggot mangler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2009, 12:50 AM   #127
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.e-flux.com/shows/view/6765
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2009, 05:45 PM   #128
Casey Burns
empty page

Casey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's asses
I was just informed by amazon that they can't fill my order for the sensational fix book that i placed a month ago. if anyone has any leads on a copy, please let me know. I know that three of my poster designs are in the book because a friend sent me snapshots. So, clearly I'd love to have a copy of the book. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give me.

Casey Burns is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2009, 05:49 PM   #129
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Burns
I was just informed by amazon that they can't fill my order for the sensational fix book that i placed a month ago. if anyone has any leads on a copy, please let me know. I know that three of my poster designs are in the book because a friend sent me snapshots. So, clearly I'd love to have a copy of the book. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give me.

http://www.londonnet.co.uk/listings/...icestersquare/

give them a call
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 08:52 AM   #130
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
SONIC YOUTH etc. : SENSATIONAL FIX

Host:SENSATIONAL FIX
Type:Music/Arts - Exhibit
Network:Global
Start Time:Friday, January 29, 2010 at 7:00pm
End Time:Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 12:00am
Street:Avda. Constitución, 23 – 25

Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2010, 12:23 PM   #131
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth etc.: Sensational Fix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30qCOZ0UqNQ

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2010, 02:15 PM   #132
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2010, 02:49 PM   #133
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
Sonic Youth etc.: Sensational Fix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30qCOZ0UqNQ

yes
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2010, 07:59 AM   #134
Thin_icE
bad moon rising

Thin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's asses
If only the exhibition came to Portugal... There's a museum in Porto that is the most well-suited to receive it, the Serralves contemporary art museum:
http://www.serralves.pt/select_lang.php?id=en
Thin_icE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2010, 09:30 AM   #135
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
the exhibition is really great!!!
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2010, 03:23 PM   #136
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Here I am at CA2M Madrid being photographed while I photograph some jumping Spaniards.
It really was loads of fun.
And yes the exhibition is truly wonderful... I pretty much spent the whole day there absorbing the work and atmosphere, which was punctuated by the velvet throat of Julie Cafritz continually proclaiming "Fuck You!".
Good times.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2010, 03:29 PM   #137
Adolfo
children of satan

Adolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin_icE
If only the exhibition came to Portugal... There's a museum in Porto that is the most well-suited to receive it, the Serralves contemporary art museum:
http://www.serralves.pt/select_lang.php?id=en

I agreed! Bring Sensational Fix to Porto!
Adolfo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2010, 07:14 PM   #138
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
So anyone got the red/blue vinyl 2nd edition then?
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 02:13 AM   #139
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I got it when I was in Madrid

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 02:37 PM   #140
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarmaker
So anyone got the red/blue vinyl 2nd edition then?

Where is it available for purchase online at?
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth