Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the anti-christmas thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.23.2009, 05:51 PM   #121
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
a lot of you 'raised catholic' grls are hardcore atheists now. don't think yr so unique

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 05:53 PM   #122
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
i never claimed to be nor do i understand why you'd accuse me of something so fucking preposterous, i was stating a simple fact dear. i didn't suddenly just become an atheist either, i never in my life believed in any of that horseshit, it was unfortunately forced upon me.
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 05:55 PM   #123
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
i was raised catholic but you will never find a more hardcore atheist than myself.

well forgive me but this sounds like trying to claim some fame [unique-ness]

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 05:57 PM   #124
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
no, i was only trying to properly articulate how dogmatic i am about my atheism....how ironic. I'M JUST LIKE THEM.

except that i'm right.
Old 12.23.2009, 06:32 PM   #125
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
satan is kind of petty, isn;t she.

i find it pretty fascinating that believing in a deity/creator/overseer is pretty normal human nature. as evidenced by all the indigenous/remote tribes that are discovered/exist.

they generally have a few things in common with us [21st century society]... family, eating, love/sex, and god[s].

why then is it so in vogue to deny that one basic human trait among people / alternative culture today? [well i guess family isn't so cool among the alt culture people either, but probably because they grew up with shitty ones]. i guess a lot of it has to do with the me-centric aspect of society. everyone get yrs. we are our own gods. we h8 rules. we break boundaries. we r cool. let's not limit ourselves. let's break down the establishment because we r punk.
i think all the things you mentioned the alt people doing are positive and creating a better alternative to the nuclear family is one of humanities most important projects. what you say is ridiculous, as if we're just silly alt teens trying to be fashionable and not respecting dad's authority. i don't follow the logic that says obviously because all these tribes have families and god like we do and we are obviously so much more advanced and they haven't got to our level yet it must mean our shared god and family structures must be somehow necessary for those tribes to progress to become like us.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 06:39 PM   #126
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Glice again.

Quote:
just because it's human nature to believe in god doesn't mean it isn't completely fucking retarded. you mortals are fools.

in before religious argument. i was raised catholic but you will never find a more hardcore atheist than myself.

"runnin and ya runnin and ya runnin away.. but you can't run away from yrself.." Bob marley

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 06:45 PM   #127
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
i don't follow the logic that says obviously because all these tribes have families and god like we do and we are obviously so much more advanced and they haven't got to our level yet it must mean our shared god and family structures must be somehow necessary for those tribes to progress to become like us.

We are not more advanced than anyone, and to believe so is petty, ignorant, prideful and selfish. In fact, most so-called 'primitives' have a culture and social structure which is MORE sophistication, MORE elaborate, and has more DEPTH than our materialistic based systems of the modern era. Further, the nuclear family is a production of the idealism and fantasy of 1950s americana, it doesn't exist here, it doesn't exist anywhere, there is only one family, the human family, there is only one society, the global society. The variations are only a matter of perspective, just like two parallel lines can be altered to appear unparallel to the eye, when they are parallel all along..

but then again, my bias is that I am an Orthodox Christian, and we see the world as one single existence, one universal family and it is christmas

Old 12.23.2009, 06:46 PM   #128
Satan
invito al cielo

bob was a wise man.
Old 12.23.2009, 06:58 PM   #129
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
bob was a wise man.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Satan again.

miss, God or the Devil are simply reflections in the mirror, the real question is not whether they exist or not, but rather which one do I see or want to see in the mirror each morning?

Old 12.23.2009, 07:17 PM   #130
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
We are not more advanced than anyone, and to believe so is petty, ignorant, prideful and selfish. In fact, most so-called 'primitives' have a culture and social structure which is MORE sophistication, MORE elaborate, and has more DEPTH than our materialistic based systems of the modern era. Further, the nuclear family is a production of the idealism and fantasy of 1950s americana, it doesn't exist here, it doesn't exist anywhere, there is only one family, the human family, there is only one society, the global society. The variations are only a matter of perspective, just like two parallel lines can be altered to appear unparallel to the eye, when they are parallel all along..

but then again, my bias is that I am an Orthodox Christian, and we see the world as one single existence, one universal family and it is christmas
i agree that our social structures are not 'better' than anyone elses, and what we call civilisation is tremendously violent. i was trying to make the point that to see us as the superior advanced state that those 'primitive' tribes haven't reached yet is stupid and wrong, except i would hazard against viewing such societies with rose tinted glasses, or as somehow more pure than us. i don't think they are better than us, in a very crude way our materialism does make us more advanced, our technology and medical techniques for example. but i am not saying that our materialistic societies are worth holding onto above all, but the knowledge and experience we have gathered certainly is worth saving. i agree that we should see ourselves as one and any attempt at division is false. but we should not glorify regression. we should not behave like those spanish who destroyed thousands of years of mayan culture and art and history, making it lost to the ages. they thought they were more advanced and superior. deciding to instead think that about tribal societies is just condescending and does not fix the problem. i think the internet and all the knowledge contained is a lot more useful than the specific knowledge of a tribe who have very limited means of expressing it.
Old 12.23.2009, 07:20 PM   #131
ni'k
invito al cielo

i should clarify that it is not an us vs. them issue and 'we' can never truly posses our material things like we like to think we can.
Old 12.23.2009, 07:31 PM   #132
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses

my favorite is easter.

(lololol)

ps: news guy just said "white kwissmiss".
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 07:36 PM   #133
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
pps: I'm sorry that the only suitable pagan imagery I could find was some neo-wiccan shit.

ppps: inb4 "druids made up yule in 1969"
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 08:05 PM   #134
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Lucky for you, if there is a God, He is far more understanding and less petty and sure of Himself than people saying similar things to the above statement
All the "evidence" suggests quite the opposite (read the bible).
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 08:26 PM   #135
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
both hardcore religion and hardcore atheism require a great amount of faith and certainty that cannot be proven or disproven.

however, having a go at someone because of their personal beliefs is equally petty, isnt it. we must not try and rub our beliefs on people either way, which doesn't cancel our right to voice them, as long as we're not being judgmental.

its fine to say "this is what i believe in" but its not ok to say "you are wrong and you must be different" to someone in specific.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 08:30 PM   #136
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
both hardcore religion and hardcore atheism require a great amount of faith and certainty that cannot be proven or disproven.
How does a lack of belief in something (atheism) require faith?
Old 12.23.2009, 08:30 PM   #137
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses

'nuff said
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 08:33 PM   #138
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I think you are right to say that we're not more advanced than any society, it is a matter of perception. Therefore saying any of them was MORE advanced is also a matter of opinion.

one of the plus sides tho is that we try today to give people the right to have their beliefs, we've been failing of course in separating goverment from religion, but that should be the idea.

and in that case, you're as entitled to believe what you want as anyone is entitled to be an atheist.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 08:34 PM   #139
Pookie
invito al cielo

And less of the SuchFriends hating people. He's one of the good guys.
Old 12.23.2009, 08:36 PM   #140
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons

'nuff said
Hope he came with a gift receipt.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth