Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2010, 08:03 PM   #3221
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I had a really long winded post, actually. But it would've seemed far too ill-tempered, and flat-out mean now that things around here are back to normal.

Don't ever belittle me again though Adam. I mean it. I'm from the suburbs of Detroit. We don't play that shit around here.

But yeah, both systems rule. I do have a preference for the SNES though. Unlike some people... I'm willing to admit that means I find one "worse" than the other.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2010, 08:05 PM   #3222
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, and I don't care about your friends. I just think they have cool shirts. I'm sorry they added me on FB.
Old 11.20.2010, 08:11 PM   #3223
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I know 2 people who, for some odd reason, go out of their way to add all my fb friends and "like" every single thing I like. On one hand, maybe I should be flattered.. but it got very aggravating when I started getting msg's from peopel going "who's such and such and why did they add me?"

Like I said on my film page, used to, if you type in my name on archive.org, you could find all my movies easily; now SOMEONE ELSE decided to put my name in the search for his movies, so their movies come up now too.

Now, of course, this person will do anything he can to take from me, leech off me.. all he does is take.. not only has he added all my fb friends, but my last.fm friends, my myspace friends, and more.. but when I get accepted into festivals and play shows and whatnot, he's never there, he's the only person who doesn't show up.

I just don't get it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2010, 08:13 PM   #3224
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
belittle

I don't recall insulting anyone on this board, ever. I don't believe in it. It's not something I need to do, since I'm not insecure, nor do I have anything to prove. Funnily enough, that fb "person" is one of the most insulting people ever. Good thing no one gives a shit about his opinion at all, as I was the last friend he had. But he's fucked me over too many times at this point for me to even want to play guitar with him. Anyway, while I don't belittle anyone personally, I also don't care about pissing anyone off, since I've faced my fate. Life's too short... especially for me. Time's almost up.

BTW, I was thinking about this and forgot to mention it, one of those people in the Residents shirt doesn't even know any of the Residents songs by name. Most of those people are morons, actually, though there's one I like (the fat kid). He's also the only one who genuinely has supported anything I do, since he doesn't let his jealousy get in the way.

Old 11.20.2010, 08:14 PM   #3225
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

cave story is oin the ds, the wii, and the xbox now.. so if you have any of those systems, play it! I hate playing games on my puter.. but I read someone is working on a dc port.. oh shit.

Old 11.20.2010, 08:16 PM   #3226
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'm a "troll", for being knowledgable and informed on games and for having an opinion you don't agree with? You are the one who is insulting, can't comprehend simple points that I've made, seems hellbent on proving some non-existent point, and trying to put words in my mouth (how in the world do you get that I think the SNES "sucks"? It's my 3rd favorite system of all time!) You should take your own advice and calm the hell down, re-read the points I'm actually making, instead of trying (failing) to be insulting. You actually learn something in the process.
To be fair you were kinda replying to Joe like he's an idiot for having a different opinion.. something you're telling him not to do in this very post!

Anyway, it's just videogames, who gives a shit.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2010, 08:22 PM   #3227
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

No, I wasn't being mean in the least. Joe started a video game company vs video game company argument, I said some stuff he mis-read and took the wrong way and called me a bunch of names. That was incredibly childish. He also put words in my mouth, and talked about stuff he doesn't appear to know anything about (like the quality of the Sega Saturn). I hardly think I was being "mean", I was just being knowledgable about things. I don't open my mouth unless I do know what I'm talking about, hence why I noted that I have actually played through the DKC games and have played every 16-bit game ever made; my opinion is NOT more noteworthy, but I do feel it's a bit more informed. I, however, find Joe's opinion completely valid, and would NEVER resort to to name-calling.

Regardless, I don't care, nor did I care, nor will I ever care, because there is a fuckload of things worth worrying about instead of someone's opinion on a fucking video game company. Despite insulting me for no reason, I'm sure he thinks he did nothing wrong, and I'm not going to apologize for being knowledgable about things, so it's best that the thing is just dropped. It's not my intention to argue over VIDEO GAMES, period.

Anywho, it's really no big deal, either way, and it never was, Joe loves to get reactions out of people, that's his thing, so cool.

Old 11.20.2010, 08:25 PM   #3228
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm well it was just stuff like "Also, you don't like Sonic games? Haha.. what?! YOU'D RATHER PLAY DONKEY KONG COUNTRY THAN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2? Sorry, man, no one's going to take you seriously after that one, bro." It's just his opinion! Stuff like that makes people feel belittled.
Though I personally couldn't give a shit if the SNES is better than the Genesis, they're just videogame consoles.
Old 11.20.2010, 08:30 PM   #3229
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
There is no debate. Donkey Kong Country rules, Sonic drools. This thread has me thinking about DKC a lot and I've realized that it's one of my favorite games of all time. It's still challenging, it's still fun and you still end up playing through the whole thing. And yes, I'm talking about the third game as well. It wasn't as good as the first two games FROM THE START, but once you get further and further into the game - you'll realize it's actually quite good.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2010, 08:37 PM   #3230
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Hey Adam, wanna fuck?
Old 11.20.2010, 08:38 PM   #3231
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Hmm well it was just stuff like "Also, you don't like Sonic games? Haha.. what?! YOU'D RATHER PLAY DONKEY KONG COUNTRY THAN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2? Sorry, man, no one's going to take you seriously after that one, bro." It's just his opinion! Stuff like that makes people feel belittled.
Though I personally couldn't give a shit if the SNES is better than the Genesis, they're just videogame consoles.

Yeah, and taking a quote out of context (one I've already explained) AND paraphrasing it is belittling to my post -- what's the difference? I explained this already; I am not going to completely write off DKC, even though I think they're terrible games, and I don't think Sonic games should be completely written off, either (see the point I was making about artistry, how even Miyamoto hated DKC -- this WON'T be a popular opinion, irregardless of even my opinion). Anyway, Joe is so dead-set on flying off the handle and trying to prove his point that he comes across as needlessly agressive and he doesn't "seem" insulting, he LITERALLY insulted me. I just don't see many people taking anyone seriously in that case. It's not so much about the games themselves, it's how he went about talking about them, which goes for his whole post in general. "DONKEY KONG COUNTRY FUCKING RULES I HATE SONIC SONIC SUCKLS FUCK SONIC YOU HATE SNES IF YOU DON'T LIKE GENESIS RAHHHHHHHHH YOU IDIOT TROLL SPAM MORON YOU'RE CRAZY" etc. That's his whole persona, even he would admit that. No matter what I said, nothing is worse than calling someone an "IDIOT" over a fucking video game.

If my posts makes someone feel belittled, that's beyond my control, as that's not my intention. I actually enjoy DISCUSSING things, instead of arguing them. It seems like some people would rather I didn't know what I was talking about or something. But, hey, in the end, I actually respect people's opinion, because like I said: I enjoy listening way more than talking.

Joe dropped it, I dropped it, why are you posting about if if you don't "give a shit" anyway?

Old 11.20.2010, 08:41 PM   #3232
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Flint Town! Flint Town! F-F-F-F-Flint Town!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_7qlkOb1aY
Old 11.20.2010, 08:44 PM   #3233
Derek
invito al cielo

You're still talking about it yourself.

I don't give a shit about the specific argument you're having with him but I think you take what people say a little too personally.
Old 11.20.2010, 08:46 PM   #3234
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Backstabba backstabba muthafucking pussy graabbbaaaa
Old 11.20.2010, 08:46 PM   #3235
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Uh.. sorry if it makes you feel belittled, but what you posted just then makes absolute no sense. I take it "seriously" when someone calls me an idiot? Uh, yeah, I do, welcome to the real world, most people don't like to be insulted, I know that's shocking. I guess me, like, not being insulting back is.. well.. did I handle that wrong, too? Just curious. Please tell me how I should act when someone calls me a moron and says that I said stuff I didn't say?

In my opinion, when you're arguing with someone, the minute the other person resorts to namecalling, that's the end of the argument. There's really nothing else to say after that point.

Old 11.20.2010, 08:47 PM   #3236
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
BTW Sonic 2 rules. But I was over-simplifying. Sonic (the series) blows (for the most part) (compared to Mario Bros) was I meant. IE: Sega vs Nintendo. But whatever. I don't give an F. This thread got crazy. haha.
Old 11.20.2010, 08:50 PM   #3237
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Hell yeah, Sonic the series is garbage. Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles are cool though.

As for this thread, I think someone shit in Joe AND Derek's Wheaties. Oh well, it's enjoyable to be attacked for no reason whatsoever -- and not saying a single insulting, mean thing in response.

Old 11.20.2010, 08:51 PM   #3238
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
BTW Sonic 2 rules. But I was over-simplifying. Sonic (the series) blows (for the most part) (compared to Mario Bros) was I meant. IE: Sega vs Nintendo. But whatever. I don't give an F. This thread got crazy. haha.

you came to the conclusion that I might have seen that sonic bashing on the last page, and thats the only reason you are saying this!!!! the only reason!!!!
hahaha
no for real everyhing afterwards sonic 3 & knuckles sucks goddamn ass. but till then some of the best JnRs of all time, with some of the best OSTs ever. especially sonic 2 & 3

btw good night fellas, I am gonna get drunk now!

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2010, 08:54 PM   #3239
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Uh.. sorry if it makes you feel belittled, but what you posted just then makes absolute no sense. I take it "seriously" when someone calls me an idiot? Uh, yeah, I do, welcome to the real world, most people don't like to be insulted, I know that's shocking. I guess me, like, not being insulting back is.. well.. did I handle that wrong, too? Just curious. Please tell me how I should act when someone calls me a moron and says that I said stuff I didn't say?

In my opinion, when you're arguing with someone, the minute the other person resorts to namecalling, that's the end of the argument. There's really nothing else to say after that point.
I'm pretty sure Joe doesn't think you're an idiotic troll, it was just a joke.

But it's sort of the way you come across in your posts, your demeanor being somewhat abrasive even if you don't mean it to. I dunno, I think if someone went out of their way to post 1000 word posts about how they completely disagreed with everything I said, I'd be somewhat... offended by that. I know that's not your intention at all either way.
Old 11.20.2010, 08:55 PM   #3240
Derek
invito al cielo

And I'm not attacking you, I wouldn't "attack" my friends.
112152159160161 162 163164165172212262 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth