Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café IV
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.04.2015, 03:31 PM   #321
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
yo guys, this new Cudi song is SO POWERFUL, please listen to it: https://soundcloud.com/cudderland/love
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2015, 09:00 PM   #322
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Method Man Calls Wu-Tang Clan's 88-Year Once Upon a Time in Shaolin Release Hiatus "Stupid"
"Fuck that album."
http://pitchfork.com/news/58720-meth...hiatus-stupid/
Old 03.04.2015, 10:36 PM   #323
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah i agree w mef
Old 03.05.2015, 12:23 AM   #324
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Its seems like they thought they still had the hype that surrounded them in 1998 or some shit.. also seems like the reason they more or less disbanded is getting increasingly obvious. I stick with all their solo records, 2013 was a great year for ghostface, inspectah deck, cappadona, ugod .. all were all top shelf. Aint had time but im lookin forward to checking out that new ghostface and cappadona when i get a chance. For now im on that black knights

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2015, 08:57 AM   #325
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
at then end of the day I feel like the concept of making a piece of art for one person to experience feels like the opposite of Wu-Tang and the art of hip hop altogether. "Wu-Tang is for the children." Right? I mean, Hey RZA: think back to why you started the Wu. Was it because you felt y'all had something to say and wanted to make sure it got into as many ears as possible? And that the only way y'all knew how to express it was thru hip hop? OR... was it because you wanted to say something that only the highest bidder could hear? I just think it's kind of gross. It feels exclusionary in such a disgusting way. You got this crew that started from the bottom and blew up into a phenomenon, and now they're making an album for basically the richest buyer only.
Old 03.05.2015, 08:29 PM   #326
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
What is happening to my (our) beloved Wu Tang Clan?

You know who bought ABT?

White people in their '30s. And they were disappointed. I get why, to be honest, though I hold that it's a good album -- just not good by the group's own standards.

They have a chane for redemption with Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, which should probably be their last record, at least for a while...
And what are they (read: "what is RZA") doing? He's toying with ideas like 1.) never letting anyone hear it, 2.) Giving the music away and letting the physical product be the time-capsule, one in a million worl of art (what happened to this idea btw?) and 3.) Letting people hear it long after everyone who cares is DEAD.

I think he's off his nut, and I find myself hoping the band formally calls it quits before he further sullies the legacy of the greatest hip hop group of all time.

I AM SO ANGRY!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2015, 09:37 PM   #327
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I think a breakup is imminent.
Old 03.05.2015, 09:44 PM   #328
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I think a breakup is imminent.

This presupposes that they were really still together to begin with, but the vibe is that they have been "broken up" for what seems like years now..

Old 03.05.2015, 10:32 PM   #329
noisereductions
invito al cielo

^I actually agree totally. In my mind they've been "broken up" since before Wu-Massacre.
Old 03.06.2015, 02:37 PM   #330
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Has Madonna ever "rapped?"

Old 03.06.2015, 05:40 PM   #331
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Is anyone else paying attention to the lyrical albums by Jonwayne? I'm talking about Rap Album One from 2013 and Cassette on Vinyl from 2014?

Motherfucker is a beast beat writer. Fat and white like Bronson, but as a lyricist I think he's better. He has kind of a dark backpacker vibe and prides himself on not using hooks in his beats or instrumentals, but I think he does. They're just micro-hooks... Like the "wh-wh-wh-wh-whyyy aren't you falling in love?" Sample from "Bound 2." You know... Poppy bits that could make up a chorus, but are instead chopped into percussive little accompaniments to the verse.

He's on Stones Throw, and I think he might be my favorite current artist on the label. He's really fucking skilled. I can't see him becoming a big star, but he seems fully capable of being the fat white Madlib if he keeps upping his game.
Soul and Jazz influences, lyrics are cynical and existential and way too clever.

I realy like this fat white bastard!
For a look at his purely instrumental material, check out the double album Oodles of Doodles. Listen to the other two (Rap Album, Cassette on Vinyl) for a real look at his skill.

(Hey look, I can see into the future! It's a year from now... March, 2016.. And nobody here has listened to him, so I make another flaccid attempt to get y'all interested, just like I did in 2014! Amazing! I have a supet power!!)
Old 03.06.2015, 05:45 PM   #332
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Has Madonna ever "rapped?"

No way, there is no way that's from this year. Fuckin come on.
No fucking way. Are you kidding me??? No.

I am NOT this temped to masturbate in a public parking lot after seeing a photo of Madonna in 2015. Please tell me that's from Erotica or some shit, when she was making me and every other teenage boy give themselves penile rug burn.

No joke, I have to wait to get out and get my groceries because this monster in my slacks is gonna guide traffic if I don't let it shrink down.

What the fuck?'
Old 03.06.2015, 06:53 PM   #333
louder
invito al cielo

http://smarturl.it/KendrickLamarAlbum

new King Kendrick at the end of the month. YES!
Old 03.06.2015, 08:52 PM   #334
Severian
invito al cielo

Oh boy... Kanye going up against not only Drake, but Kendrick La-motherfuckin'-mar as well. Fuck.

I knew this was going to happen.

Personally, I know already, based on the pre-release material by all three artists, that Kanye's really got the other two by the balls. He's producing on a crazy new level and he's rapping (get this) is on a par with Kendrick's.

Pitchfork got one thing right, Yeezy's never been sharper, faster or harder, and frankly I dont give a piss about anyone else right now.

That said, I know Kendrick is going to annihilate Kanye in the sales department. Drake may well do the same. But this is Kendrick's first album since his cultural break-thru and bar-raising major label debut. Even if the critics think it's luke warm, fucker is going to sell like crazy.

So Kanye's clearly going to have the best album, but I think Kendrick is the most dangerous motherfucker in rap. If anyone poses a threat to Yeezy's proverbial "Throne" (Jay-Z is just Hand of the King at this point), it's kendrick. So loyalty demands that I wish horrible sales figures on him. Let's hope they don't debut in the same week.

As for Drake, he's already released his best album yet this year. Views from the 6 is probably going to suck. But If you're reading This... Is ill.

Kanye V. Kendrick: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

God damn, new Kanye new kanye new Kanye new Kanye ne....
Old 03.06.2015, 09:08 PM   #335
Severian
invito al cielo

Someone else say stuff.

Anyone else think "6 Man" from If You're Reading This... is, like, the best Drake track ever? I did a double take at first thinking it was Weezy in the opening verse.

His face is still punchable, but that track is dark as hell.
Old 03.06.2015, 10:17 PM   #336
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Sighs... im outro yo

Old 03.06.2015, 11:07 PM   #337
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
so when is the new Kayne supposed to come out?

the last new Kendrick song i heard was lame bullshit!! so the new album will be lame bullshit?
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2015, 11:11 PM   #338
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Sighs... im outro yo

yeah, they seem to lose their minds sometimes and are a little obsessed.

Sev seems to have major mental symps
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2015, 02:25 AM   #339
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

No, i get it i mean im a little obsessed with tupac and also an honest hater of kanye BUT y'all also know i try and share and contribute and talk about other artists aside from just the ones i am myopically focused on..

Old 03.07.2015, 07:22 AM   #340
louder
invito al cielo

Sev, i agree about "If You're Reading This" being Drake's best album/mixtape/project to date for sure..
141516 17 1819202767 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth