Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Trouble finding recordings on Nurse With Wound List of influences? look no further
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.14.2007, 04:34 PM   #1
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
well sorta but i found this blog quite delightful... free downloadable mp3s of albums that are in general super rare and ultra hard to find... this is the way downloading should work in my opinion, and because of that i don't mind that they are not lossless (which to me is only very applicable for live recordings). anyways have fun, there are a few other sites that also feature some bands on the nurse with wound list which i will list later...
are blogs the future and the downfall of music in general???

mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/

Favorites right now are include the group Red Noise with their 18+ minute track of intense free jazz meets insane improv guitar wailing, an early classic (1971) from France which seems unusual to me, perhaps the equivalent of like sonny sharrock meets steve lacy at his most out... and of course that first Nihilist Spasm Band LP, but if you look there is so much more!
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
This blog is gold.
I don't have a problem with downloading albums that cost 4 figures for an original. If you're a collector, you won't be satisfied with MP3s anyway, and this gives the rest of us a chance to hear what all the fuss is about.
I have that "Belle De Jour" LP, and I'm glad to see it up there. That is an underrated masterpiece.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome, many thanks for that. And also: you bastard, you've ruined my weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 04:49 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, and I'm totally in favour of mp3s of records that are long out-of-print and unlikely to get a re-issue. Obviously, there's the argument that wide-spread mp3s put back re-issue likelihood, but with records this obscure, that's a pretty weak argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 04:50 PM   #5
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Even at that, if there were to be reissues on nice wax, I would be the first to buy them whether I had the MP3s or not.
Old 02.14.2007, 06:28 PM   #6
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
That is one hell of a blog. Thanks.
For fuck sakes! I can't keep up with all these download links you guys put on here.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 12:52 AM   #7
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I agree.....pretty cool site. These music blogs nowadays is crazy.
Old 02.15.2007, 03:22 AM   #8
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
exellent i will check that out later on. soulseek is a bit barren of nurse with wound.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 05:04 AM   #9
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
yes, its awesome. porkie, if am not mistaken had linked this before. thanks both.
Yes i had but more links to stuff like that are always welcome no matter what.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 07:20 AM   #10
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
http://invisiblerecordarchive.blogspot.com/
The Plastic People of the Universe - Egon Bondy's Happy Hearts Club Banned

Lots of bands like to think that they are doing something important. Few are. This one did.

The Plastic People formed right after Prague Spring, when the USSR troops came in and clamped down on all that messy freedom stuff. These guys paid the price over the years as Czech society became more repressive. Many of them went to jail.

This is the first document of their existence to be smuggled out to the Western world. It is thought to have been recorded around 73 or 74, but it wasn't released until 1978. As a political statement, it really can't be topped. As a purely musical expression, it's really good.

The PPU were clearly influenced by the Mothers and the Fugs and the Velvets, which is a great palate to work from. The Eastern European touches, especially in the modes that they use, give it a real unique flavor. The translated lyrics make it clear that they were pretty crass and pretty funny. I included the translated title names to give readers a feel for this.

The PPU were part of a group of artists, rabblerousers, and intellectuals that included Vaclav Havel. This group of people was responsible for a big part of a larger movement that helped to bring down the Soviet Empire. Let's see Bono top that.

This is another item from that NWW list of rare and weird recordings. I'll try to get another one or two of those up here this week. Burned from vinyl, and the recording source probably wasn't so hot to begin with, so the sound ain't super purdy. But the best stuff rarely is.

http://rapidshare.com/files/11871691/Plastic_People_of_the_Universe_-_Egon_Bondy_s_Happy_Hearts_Club_Banned.rar

Old 02.15.2007, 09:31 AM   #11
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
This is a really, really great record. I reccomend it highly. Some great squawking sax on it.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 10:07 AM   #12
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

That Plastic People record is one of my favorites!
I got to see them a few years ago and they were still great.
What an incredible bunch of people.
Old 02.15.2007, 10:30 AM   #13
porkmarras
invito al cielo

They played here last month.I had the chance to get free tickets for that but i wasn't able to make it.My loss.

Old 02.15.2007, 10:32 AM   #14
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

I am lucky enough to have three of their LPs on vinyl, including this one.
Nice to be able to get it digitally for my headphones! Thanks for this.
Old 02.15.2007, 10:43 AM   #15
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, that plastic people gig was the same night as the noah howard/evan parker/john edwards/chris corsano quartet, i went to the latter
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth