Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Unpopular Musical Opinions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.29.2007, 05:54 PM   #441
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i'm just saying, but it's a fact that the flaming lips aren't that original, they are good at borrowing from other styles.

plus, this is the UNPOPULAR musical opinions, everybody loves dinosaur jr, so what if a couple of us actually think for ourselves and realize we're not that into them anymore?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2007, 06:26 PM   #442
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
parts 2/3 of "king of carrot flowers" is probably the worst song ever.

There's something about Neutral Milk Hotel that bothers the hell out of me, and I don't think it's the music, because I don't really care one way or the other how it sounds. Maybe it's the lyrics, because it's just a bunch of nonsense that gives the illusion of having some deeper meaning but probably doesn't because the only people I know who listen to them usually tend to like lyrics and writing that are really just a bunch of meaningless crap.

Now I'm not saying that every batch of lyrics ever written needs to be mindblowing, because it's really about HOW you say something rather than WHAT you say if you get my drift, and some of my favorite songs have the most useless sets of lyrics to go along with them, but these lyrics aren't pretending to be good either.

Right now I am just going through some sort of phase where I really don't want to hear and understand lyrics because few people can actually write them well enough to please me, so I've tried listening to more foreign music that I can't understand the lyrics to obviously (because I still like to hear certain kinds of voices), but also more instrumental music so I don't have to worry about liking the voice either, because now there is none, and that makes everyone involved happy.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2007, 06:44 PM   #443
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
ya i don't write lyrics. i use stream of conscious singing to varying degrees of succes it must be said. i feel that today and yesterday was a good day for it though. bear witness if you like www.myspace.com/zombitechnique sorry it's not electro but i had to rock since i don't have the gear for my electric dreams right now. however, there is some spanish lark

You're distracting me from my essays but really I don't want to write these essays anyway.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.29.2007, 06:55 PM   #444
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
plus, this is the UNPOPULAR musical opinions, everybody loves dinosaur jr, so what if a couple of us actually think for ourselves and realize we're not that into them anymore?
Dude, re-read my post. I didn't say you can't not like them. I was only making a passing comment about how many times I've seen you guys post the fact repeatedly in this thread. Chill the fuck out.

You don't like Dinosaur Jr. No one should judge you less for it, I know I don't. All power to you.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2007, 06:57 PM   #445
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Carrot Rope is a brilliant song and fills me full of joy.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2007, 07:05 PM   #446
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
NO FUCKING WAY YOU JUST SAID THAT! UGH!!! I'M SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

oh man I'M SORRY STEVE. I STILL LOVE YOU.
Old 04.29.2007, 08:47 PM   #447
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I actually stopped caring very much about Sonic Youth after they released Daydream Nation. Before that, I loved them to bits but after that ... they sort of became just another band in lots of ways.

I also find something really irritating about Thurston and Kim, but I can't quite nail down what it is.

I think I just 'outed' myself right there.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2007, 09:02 PM   #448
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I also find something really irritating about Thurston and Kim, but I can't quite nail down what it is.

Well they're crap if that's what you're getting at.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.29.2007, 09:04 PM   #449
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
Well they're crap if that's what you're getting at.

I think you might've just nailed it right on the head there.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2007, 10:03 PM   #450
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I like The Killers Sam's Town (This will get me punished, but is the truth).
Justin Timberlake makes me want to Dance, I brought SexyBack.
I don't see the big deal about My Bloody Valentine.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2007, 04:03 AM   #451
sarramkrop

Dionne Warwick's voice is better than Aretha Franklin's.
The Clash never did it for me either.
Johnny Rotten is more annoying than anything. The stupid intimidating look that he puts on makes me want to feed him turds, more than scare me.He's not even as clever as he thinks he is.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2007, 04:08 AM   #452
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
"My Love" was the best song of last year
Old 04.30.2007, 04:39 AM   #453
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Johnny Rotten is more annoying than anything. The stupid intimidating look that he puts makes me want to feed him turds, more than scare me.He's not even as clever as he thinks he is.

YES!
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2007, 04:40 AM   #454
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i find the clash so godamn annoying.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2007, 04:42 AM   #455
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not a big clash fan but they left their mark in music history.
Old 04.30.2007, 04:43 AM   #456
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
The Clash were allright.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2007, 04:59 AM   #457
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
cocorosie are coming for gig here, but i m bored. they are sweet but this kind of sweetness doenst work for me..
Their last record is less sweet. And Bianca is soooooooooooooo beautiful.....
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2007, 07:27 AM   #458
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Regarding Neutral Milk Hotel, I don't understand why they're deemed high because I think their music really sucks.

Very unpopular opinion on this board: I like War, Under a blood red sky, The unforgettable fire, The Joshua tree and Achtung baby by U2.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2007, 07:29 AM   #459
sarramkrop

[quote=Nefeli]cocorosie are coming for gig here, but i m bored. they are quote]

I agree. Their voices sound like cats demanding food. Throw in Johanna Newson in there too.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2007, 07:31 AM   #460
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry CocoRosie fans but I think they're poseurs and their music is pretentious and annoying.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
202122 23 2425263373 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth