Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I Might Be Moving to Chicago
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2006, 09:54 PM   #21
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
I live on the north side; it's nice but I'm a bit bored with it after four years. If I had it to do over again, I'd move to hipsterville (Wicker Park) in order to have more fun things to do every night and to be around my friends.

North side is the safest, though I was actually glad when I got my bike stolen because I was so terrified driving it on the streets. (I'm not a proficient biker).

Look forward to it. My life got so much better when I went from the suburbs to the city.
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 11:32 PM   #22
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
ukranian village is good if yr not looking to live by yrself. parking is really good too. ukranian village is just south of wicker park and maybe 5 or 10 miles directly west of downtown. lived in a 2 bedroom w/ roommate for 800 a month a little less than a year ago. lots of kids and hipsters along with old ukranian families. theres a really good ukraninan grocery at western and iowa. i wonder what its like now tho becuase the hipster yuppie money factor is spreading into the UK from wicker park. couldnt find a studio or 1 bedroom for less than 600 or so when i left the old apt . also the empty bottle club is right in ukraninan village/wicker park along with the double door and subterrenean.

now im living alone in a studio for 450 a month between addison and irving park and 6 or so blocks from the lake. the neighborhoods kind of yuppie but ok tho most places are pricy. parking is OK but when the cubs play it can get a little out of hand. also the metro club is like 6 or so blocks from me.

rogers park is as far north chicago as you can get till you get to evanston. some spots are nice some are really not very nice and parking is just stupid
up there. logan square is west of ukranian village and wicker park. it is pretty spotty safety wise but the rent is not bad there and lots of kids are beginning to move in. its like wicker park 10 or so years ago. id imagine parking is not too bad there.

pilsen is the beginning of the southside and maybe 10 or 15 miles west of the lake. prices are good there but again safety wise its sort of hit or miss. lots of kids hipsters artists etc. are moving there tho now so its not too frightening but you are kind of far away from the city and the places to go like clubs etc.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth