Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page An insult that would really offend me...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.12.2006, 01:51 PM   #21
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I gave a huge diss today. This friggen freshman all class had kept saying yr mom jokes and shit, going to far. So I told him that my mom was jelous because his boobs were bigger than hers.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 03:47 PM   #23
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, does also hurt ("indie" is another one, "jazz funk", "emo punk"...etc.)

but "soundman" or "sound engineer" are the worse, if you get to think of it, they all are useless. using a p.a. is not that hard to do and acoustic theories are fairly easy and uncontroversial enough to memorize; why the fuck are there these people who are always trying to turn your music down and look down on you because you didn't study "sound theory" or whatever? they all deserve to die and be replaced with monkeys, concerts would sure sound better and would be run smoother with monkeys than soundmen.

if we could only have all sound engineers move to australia and then we could sink the shithole to the bottom of the sea, then the world would be saved.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 04:00 PM   #24
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
If someone called me a hipster.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 04:03 PM   #25
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
But, gmku, aren't you just an aging hipster collecting tons of vinyl to make up for the fact that your balls sag a whole 8 inches below where they should?
Old 10.12.2006, 04:05 PM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, but that's different.
Old 10.12.2006, 04:06 PM   #27
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, I understand. If someone called you just a plain old hipster without knowing your excuse you'd be offended.

I get called a hipster quite often. I just don't care.
Old 10.12.2006, 04:08 PM   #28
gmku
invito al cielo

Exactly. "Aging hipster" pathetically and/or pathologically compensating for physical or other shortcomings is almost noble. Just plain "hipster" is something else entirely. Something despicable.
Old 10.12.2006, 04:13 PM   #29
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

I'm a hipster. Do you despise me?
Old 10.12.2006, 04:34 PM   #30
gmku
invito al cielo

No, that's different, too.
Old 10.12.2006, 05:29 PM   #31
blue sunlover
stalker

blue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really nice
hi evening.
Old 10.12.2006, 05:56 PM   #32
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
...is if someone called me "sound engineer"

i hope they all fucking die.

why is that, i am a sound engineer....... the biggest insult would be to be called a dj..... i make 70k a year from sound engineering.... or do you mean i guy who doesnt know what a pa does or how it works and mixes shit bands in pubs and clubs.....
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 06:08 PM   #33
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
yeah, does also hurt ("indie" is another one, "jazz funk", "emo punk"...etc.)

but "soundman" or "sound engineer" are the worse, if you get to think of it, they all are useless. using a p.a. is not that hard to do and acoustic theories are fairly easy and uncontroversial enough to memorize; why the fuck are there these people who are always trying to turn your music down and look down on you because you didn't study "sound theory" or whatever? they all deserve to die and be replaced with monkeys, concerts would sure sound better and would be run smoother with monkeys than soundmen.

if we could only have all sound engineers move to australia and then we could sink the shithole to the bottom of the sea, then the world would be saved.

tell me what you know about sound engineering, lares systems, compression ratios, delays, how many times have you mixed anything more than a left right pa.... do you know how to set one up, what is a return line, what is normaled and what is half normaled, what is dual concentric, have you ever used anything bigger than a 12 channel desk, split all your signals to an obv, what do you know about mic technique? tell me all you know about a lares system, what is a good microphone, what is the difference between a dynamic, a condensor a ribbon a contact, how many out puts can you have to front of house, what is reinforcement, you think you know how to do it and do it well, come and do my job for a day, and you know what, fuck you i get to play the music i like in a 2000 seat venue with a line array anytime i fucking want and really loud, concert pa beats shitty little home stereo...... do you know how to tune a pa, do you know how to set limiting and other dynamics, can you do 30 sends of foldback for an orchestra, you are an idiot and you have no fucking idea what the job involves in the professional field, any one who mixes in pubs on a regular basis is not an engineer they are a mixer
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 06:14 PM   #34
blue sunlover
stalker

blue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really nice
your right.
Old 10.12.2006, 06:28 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
tell me what you know about sound engineering, lares systems, compression ratios, delays, how many times have you mixed anything more than a left right pa.... do you know how to set one up, what is a return line, what is normaled and what is half normaled, what is dual concentric, have you ever used anything bigger than a 12 channel desk, split all your signals to an obv, what do you know about mic technique? tell me all you know about a lares system, what is a good microphone, what is the difference between a dynamic, a condensor a ribbon a contact, how many out puts can you have to front of house, what is reinforcement, you think you know how to do it and do it well, come and do my job for a day, and you know what, fuck you i get to play the music i like in a 2000 seat venue with a line array anytime i fucking want and really loud, concert pa beats shitty little home stereo...... do you know how to tune a pa, do you know how to set limiting and other dynamics, can you do 30 sends of foldback for an orchestra, you are an idiot and you have no fucking idea what the job involves in the professional field, any one who mixes in pubs on a regular basis is not an engineer they are a mixer

OUCH!

(that would be the sound of me inciting further strife)

brilliant reply to what i think originally was just a careless rant

but now...!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 07:30 PM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I think that you said 2,000-seat venue says a lot. You obviously know what you're doing, and get paid accordingly. Unfortunately, for a lot of us still playing in backbars and small venues, 'sound engineer' means a guy who turns up, smokes, chats about when the White Stripes played here, turns the PA on, ignores all your requests for more vocals in the monitors, doesn't explain to the guitarist why his guitar is so low in the mix (sound engineers - explain why the amps don't need to be so loud. We're guitarists, we aren't born with PA knowledge), doesn't understand how to run a keyboard/ laptop to a PA and spends more of the soundcheck trying to find the appropriate adaptor than trying to make sure I can hear my fucking guitarist in my fucking monitor.

Honestly, it's not you, it's the amateurs/ cowboys that give sound guys a bad rep. A good sound engineer is worth his weight in Marlboros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 07:32 PM   #37
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I should add: One such cowboy had to have contact mikes explained to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 08:24 PM   #38
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

HAHA. Awesome reply.
Old 10.12.2006, 08:28 PM   #39
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i can't think of a damned thing that offends me.
Old 10.12.2006, 08:45 PM   #40
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Perhaps that's an admirable quality?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth