Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The "i Just Attended This Concert" Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.01.2017, 10:21 AM   #1
latorami
little trouble girl

latorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asses
for yr needs of praise and attention for your excellent taste. Talk about concerts/gigs/whatevers that you just went to.

I saw Hurula two days ago. The whole place was packed with people and damn, it gave me hope for the indie scene here. It also seems like Hurula is making it big, but it's not that surprising since he is pretty pop as well.

something pretty bizarre that happened was that, when i was waiting with my twin for the gig to start, a lady walked to us and asked us like 5 questions about the twin life or something and I was really creeped out and then she just fucking took a picture of us. But then she said that she used to have twins but one of them died soooo... Huh? ((AND I ACCIDENTALLY LAUGHED A LITTLE BIT WHEN SHE SAID IT AND OH GOD I SWEAR IM GOING TO HELL)

but yeah awesome gig haha
latorami is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2017, 12:42 PM   #2
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Wow. Cool thread idea, and that was a genuinely amusing story. Nice phrasing. Who says internet-era-meme-talk can't be well executed? Not I. I almost peed myself a little when I read the paranthetical bit.

I haven't been to a show in a couple of months. Several fell through. But I don't think I've spoken about any of the recent ones, so I'll get back to you.

Also, who are you? Surely you're not brand new to the board.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2017, 01:51 PM   #3
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
How long is the "just attended" time frame? No more than a week?
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2017, 08:10 AM   #4
latorami
little trouble girl

latorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
How long is the "just attended" time frame? No more than a week?
let's keep it @ two weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Also, who are you? Surely you're not brand new to the board.
fellow SY fan, opened this acc some months ago, forgot all about it and got back. I think I posted in the introductionary thread??? i dont remember...
Old 04.02.2017, 11:56 AM   #5
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by latorami
let's keep it @ two weeks

fellow SY fan, opened this acc some months ago, forgot all about it and got back. I think I posted in the introductionary thread??? i dont remember...

Cool. Welcome!

I got nuffin' from the past two weeks, sorry to say.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2017, 01:21 PM   #6
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Mouse in the Keys. They streamed it, met the drummer he was a cool and nice guy.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2017, 09:56 PM   #7
gogologogolo
little trouble girl

gogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Five Alarm Funk. They're an awesome funk band from Vancouver that no one's heard of. They're one of the best live bands I've seen. There are 9 people on stage (3 on drums), and throughout the show the band members must have changed outfits like 5 times, one of which was a gorilla suit. Unless you live in Canada you'll probably never see them, but if you get the chance, go!
gogologogolo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2017, 01:11 AM   #8
latorami
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogologogolo
I saw Five Alarm Funk. They're an awesome funk band from Vancouver that no one's heard of. They're one of the best live bands I've seen. There are 9 people on stage (3 on drums), and throughout the show the band members must have changed outfits like 5 times, one of which was a gorilla suit. Unless you live in Canada you'll probably never see them, but if you get the chance, go!
sounds fucking awesome holy shit.
Old 04.12.2017, 08:07 AM   #9
latorami
little trouble girl

Last night, I saw Mystery Language (local reverb pop band), TV Girl and Elvis Deppressedly (in that order). Shit was fucking awesome, I swear that I never stopped moving or something. The guys from TV Girl and Elvis Depressedly are also super nice and kind people and they even signed the show poster that my brother stole (he did tell the singer from ED that he stole it and he was just like "haha don't worry I won't tell". So cool!". I also was like really, really, really fucking close to the stage. Like there wasn't even a stage, they were just playing at the same ground level as the audience was (poor short people in the back!).

yeah good show, it was also free, so that's cool too

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth