Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.04.2015, 11:19 PM   #37821
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
yeah, I'm trying to get into that love the one you're with thing.
That's a girl thing, you want more male perspective

Don't try and love anyone. LIKE the one you're with and leave it at that. Love is an art not a skill. It either is there or its not. It will develop on its own terms or it won't, but "trying" to love really is doomed to fail. Ive always noticed myself that women tend to fluctuate with love whereas for most men ive known love is permanent, no fluctuations. That is why often we see that its women who break of relationships where "they were in love" and ive known too many men with sincerely broken hearts. If anything its probably why so many men become assholes to women, retaliation.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2015, 11:42 PM   #37822
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i never thought of it all that way. and I see that. I definitely can get to tempestuous levels of on/off with people... hm. I appreciate it, dude
Old 02.04.2015, 11:44 PM   #37823
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
male perspective?

maybe tomorrow, if you stick around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
My second stint as a DJ turned out to be even better than the first time around. Got to talk to the host of another event called "Totentanz/Gallow Dance". She said she might consider working with me in the future.

and congrats! sorry i didn't say that earlier but pantophobia's post shook me up
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2015, 11:50 PM   #37824
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be around

a congrats from me too, antagon. that's wicked!
Old 02.04.2015, 11:59 PM   #37825
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i never thought of it all that way. and I see that. I definitely can get to tempestuous levels of on/off with people...

That is what many men find the most confusing aspect of women, shit for a man even grandma can be hard to understand because y'all aren't simple like math. I also believe some men become assholes with women because it creates an artificial barrier to real and vulnerable intimacy and so really the relationships they have aren't with the women but with a construction which of course then men can pretend to understand because its not the actual mind and soul of the real woman. Me, i approach women like the mystifying force of nature y'all are. Some men try to study the hydrology that formed the Grand Canyon (eg do the math) but me id rather enjoy the view while riding the rapids wherever they go..
Quote:
I appreciate it, dude

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 12:06 AM   #37826
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i just have issues falling for dudes who I feel are looking for a girl to complete them or have some idealized notion of that, if that makes sense. like, I've lived with an SO once and we had so many issues of control because I surpassed him in a lot of ways and he was mad that I wasn't the girl on his level so to speak. not the dude I'm seeing, but the guy I think I love... I don't have to be anything to him and that's a very liberating aspect of our friendship. he just seems to be so aloof and guarded (same age difference as the other guy, if it makes a difference.) y'all guys are just as mystifying. I've tried.
Old 02.05.2015, 07:19 AM   #37827
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
heating system broke where I work.
so, i have off for the rest of the week.

I'm not used to have time.
what do people do in these situations?
post on message boards?
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 10:18 AM   #37828
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads

post on message boards?

maybe in 2005, but these days message boards are superslow

if you wanna stay home & do nothing you could read a big fat book, binge on all 5 seasons on "the wire" or play a computer game non-stop until your metabolism shuts down.

alternatively you could go on vacation.

or-- you could look for some temp work replacing someone somewhere and make some money while the place reopens.

Quote:
I'll be around

okay. i have to get to work but i'll reread & reply.
Old 02.05.2015, 12:30 PM   #37829
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads

post on message boards?

I second the wire and add battlestar galactica.
Old 02.05.2015, 01:34 PM   #37830
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
maybe in 2005, but these days message boards are superslow

if you wanna stay home & do nothing you could read a big fat book, binge on all 5 seasons on "the wire" or play a computer game non-stop until your metabolism shuts down.

alternatively you could go on vacation.

or-- you could look for some temp work replacing someone somewhere and make some money while the place reopens.

okay. i have to get to work but i'll reread & reply.

Who in the right mind would do that?!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:00 PM   #37831
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Who in the right mind would do that?!

someone who needs the cash, likes their work, and is looking to make "industry" connections

i mean, the guy said he doesn't know what to do with his free time

and if the heater broke and they have to close for a week-- who knows what will happen to the place next?

i'd line me up some interviews...
Old 02.05.2015, 02:05 PM   #37832
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
if even a fraction of the people whose jobs will be taken by computers within the next few decades were aware of it...

you can sit and ask me "BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW??" when i try and explain self driving cars to you, and you can ask me this over and over again until you nearly crash your own, these things actually exist.

nothing in the brain that makes you special or supernatural and that cant be replicated as machinic function.

adapt or whine bitches.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:08 PM   #37833
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
if even a fraction of the people whose jobs will be taken by computers within the next few decades were aware of it...

you can sit and ask me "BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW??" when i try and explain self driving cars to you, and you can ask me this over and over again until you nearly crash your own, these things actually exist.

nothing in the brain that makes you special or supernatural and that cant be replicated as machinic function.

adapt or whine bitches.

ATT is a restaurant cook, if i recall

fortunately that won't be replaced by robots for a while-- too chaotic, thank fuck
Old 02.05.2015, 02:15 PM   #37834
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i

there is nothing supernatural. everything in nature is natural. The city is a natural scape.

HOWEVER, no machine yet has willpower to create a new image or story or song. You can program machines to "write" a song or a book, but it does not get inspiration by itself and do so. THAT is the difference. humans rule.
Old 02.05.2015, 02:29 PM   #37835
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
there is nothing supernatural. everything in nature is natural. The city is a natural scape.

HOWEVER, no machine yet has willpower to create a new image or story or song. You can program machines to "write" a song or a book, but it does not get inspiration by itself and do so. THAT is the difference. humans rule.

sure thing but technology rules the economy and this is the source of the increasing economic inequality we're seeing

e.g. amazon putting stores out of business

google angling to knock uber out of their racket after they put a hurt on taxis

etc
Old 02.05.2015, 02:36 PM   #37836
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
im gonna find a jpeg of an actual real life burger flipping robot in one sec.

then your next move is to say either:

that it wont progress towards more complex cooking tasks, which is incorrect.

or to change your mind.

you can play the whole "its not gonna happen for centuries if at all" move which is a bluff that is thankfully running out of time in which to appear credible

or you can say there are some limits that make the brain a mysterious object science will never understand, which is absolutely 100% untrue.

-

"inspiration" - doesnt mean anything except a word you use to describe neuro-mechanical processes you cant see.

plenty of ai's already writing newspaper stories, making music.
Old 02.05.2015, 02:40 PM   #37837
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Old 02.05.2015, 02:42 PM   #37838
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
im gonna find a jpeg of an actual real life burger flipping robot in one sec.

then your next move is to say either:

that it wont progress towards more complex cooking tasks, which is incorrect.

or to change your mind.

you can play the whole "its not gonna happen for centuries if at all" move which is a bluff that is thankfully running out of time in which to appear credible

or you can say there are some limits that make the brain a mysterious object science will never understand, which is absolutely 100% untrue.

no, you miss my point. i don't care if we'll have cyber-chefs 50 years from now. sure, they can be. the future will take care of itself. we really don't know where it's going. anything can happen.

tactical decisions however need to deal with what's immediate. a chef is in less danger of losing their job due to technology than a taxi driver. the lesser restaurant minions already lost their jobs to various machines.

more reasonable is to say-- as the middle class shrinks, how many will be able to support restaurants? not "the terminator chef is coming for your job."
Old 02.05.2015, 02:43 PM   #37839
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

i am not actually trying to be a douche about this despite saying "adapt or whine bitches"

its important to point out the realities here especially to working class people.

i try and explain to people about to be parents some simple steps they could make to allow their kids to learn it skills early on and they arent interested.

willful illiteracy is what it is.

asian societies are adapting better than we will.

the rage and contempt we should have for the compu-phobic rentiers of our gerontocracy who will see us all starve in poverty in order to stay on the wrong side of the uncanny valley!
Old 02.05.2015, 02:45 PM   #37840
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no, you miss my point. i don't care if we'll have cyber-chefs 50 years from now. sure, they can be. the future will take care of itself. we really don't know where it's going. anything can happen.

tactical decisions however need to deal with what's immediate. a chef is in less danger of losing their job due to technology than a taxi driver. the lesser restaurant minions already lost their jobs to various machines.

more reasonable is to say-- as the middle class shrinks, how many will be able to support restaurants? not "the terminator chef is coming for your job."

the terminator IS coming for your job! for so many jobs that exist right now.
1392179218421882188918901891 1892 189318941895190219421992 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth