Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Best new/most anticipated albums of 2019
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.28.2019, 04:45 PM   #181
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
You rock. Tool doesn't, but you do. Rock on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Tyler, the Creator surprised me by making “IGOR” actually really fucking good.

Have not checked this out yet but looking forward to it. Hearing lots of good things, actually.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2019, 07:22 PM   #182
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff

Have not checked this out yet but looking forward to it. Hearing lots of good things, actually.

It’s ... almost astonishingly good.

no gimmicks. Just good, weird, genre-bending hip-hop. And I love weird hip-hop.

I feel like the first track is all you really need to hear, and that most sane people will keep listening after that. Hell of an intro track.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2019, 12:05 AM   #183
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I feel like the first track is all you really need to hear, and that most sane people will keep listening after that. Hell of an intro track.

I am not sane, but that's no news
Stopped listening after 2.5 minutes

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2019, 08:30 AM   #184
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I am not sane, but that's no news
Stopped listening after 2.5 minutes

Disappointing but whatever
Old 05.29.2019, 05:48 PM   #185
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
New Kim Petras single tonight. She has already dropped 4. I hope the album comes soon. Dying to hear it.

Uffie has a new track. I hope that means there will be an album. She already put out a 7 track ep this year. Her last album was 2011 so it is a possibility.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2019, 02:15 AM   #186
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
The wait is over. Kind of. Out now: Sleater-Kinney, "Hurry On Home".

The song, produced by St. Vincent, is available via your favorite tunes dispenser (on Bandcamp it's in 24/48); the physical 7" will be out in August and its b-side is yet TBA (seriously, that's what the description says: "TBA"). Interestingly, they are now on Milk! Records (well, Mom + Pop in the U.S.), better known as the house Courtney Barnett and Jen Cloher built.

Sleater-Kinney's announcement with links to watch, listen and buy, plus tour dates and their Spotifuck list

Milk! Records' announcement, with a longer description and brief quotes from the band

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2019, 07:47 AM   #187
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

https://monoofjapan.bandcamp.com/alb...ersary-edition

Quote:
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of MONO – and the 10th anniversary of their most iconic album – Temporary Residence Ltd. proudly presents Hymn to the Immortal Wind – Anniversary Edition. Beautifully remastered from the original analog master tapes by Bob Weston at Chicago Mastering Service, this super deluxe reissue sounds, looks, and feels more pure and powerful than ever before. The CD format has been repackaged in a gorgeous full-color gatefold jacket with metallic gold inks, matte varnish, and custom inner sleeve. The 2xLP vinyl format is packaged in a mind-blowing full-color, custom die-cut jacket with metallic gold foil stamping, matte varnish, and 7 interchangeable full-color cover inserts. The vinyl is pressed onto 100% virgin, audiophile-quality vinyl. No expense was spared in properly honoring what has become MONO’s most beloved album.

releases June 14, 2019

Not really sure if a remastering is really necessary, but this is such a great album that I've played to shreds, especially in the car super super loud and still can listen to without getting bored by it. So I'll buy it anyway.

Oh and it will be released on the same day as Bill Callahan's album, which brings me to this: Bill Callahan Releases 5 More New Songs: Listen

Quote:
Disappointing but whatever

yeah I know. Sorry, Whenever someone raves about hiphop/rap on this forum I always think what you're doing here which nobody should take personally. I just don't like it, at least most of it. That first song I listened to was just too much kitsch for me.

I'll give it another try on some other songs on that album maybe

Old 05.31.2019, 07:57 AM   #188
Severian
invito al cielo

New Freddie Gibbs & Madlib album “Bandana,” sequel to “Piñata,” is out at the end of June
Old 05.31.2019, 09:42 PM   #189
The Gazpacho Gestapo
bad moon rising

The Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The wait is over. Kind of. Out now: Sleater-Kinney, "Hurry On Home".

The song, produced by St. Vincent, is available via your favorite tunes dispenser (on Bandcamp it's in 24/48); the physical 7" will be out in August and its b-side is yet TBA (seriously, that's what the description says: "TBA"). Interestingly, they are now on Milk! Records (well, Mom + Pop in the U.S.), better known as the house Courtney Barnett and Jen Cloher built.

Sleater-Kinney's announcement with links to watch, listen and buy, plus tour dates and their Spotifuck list

Milk! Records' announcement, with a longer description and brief quotes from the band

i like this lady

Shge has a hiney where her vaginey should be

thats comical
The Gazpacho Gestapo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2019, 03:39 PM   #190
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
Charli XCX September 13th!

Appearances by my girls Clairo and Kim Petras.
Old 06.14.2019, 09:20 PM   #191
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Out August 16: Sleater-Kinney, The Center Won't Hold.

https://mailchi.mp/55ab87b5cb12/new-...ll-tour-186511

https://mailchi.mp/milkrecords/milk-...c-news-1137117

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 06.14.2019, 09:34 PM   #192
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Out June 14: Bill Callahan, Shepherd In A Sheepskin Vest.

From Bandcamp Daily:
Bill Callahan Discovers the Magic of Settling Down

Oh man, "The Lonely Man Theme" from The Incredible Hulk is the saddest piece of music ever...

Old 06.17.2019, 07:51 PM   #193
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Fucking major rocking news unless you're dead or a Republican: Out August 23 - Tropical Fuck Storm, BRAINDROPS. First single, "Paradise", has just been uploaded to YouTube by Flightless Records.

Flightless is based in Melbourne; the album will be out via Joyful Noise elsewhere. Still waiting on TFS's official announcement; meanwhile, "Paradise" is available on Juno Download.

Old 06.18.2019, 11:57 AM   #194
_tunic_
invito al cielo

!!!!!! Album of the Year !!!!!!

From Somewhere Invisible

by OISEAUX-TEMPÊTE

link to label Sub Rosa
release date: October 18, preorder open !
but according to the Bandcamp page the release date is September ...

FEATURES

FREDERIC D. OBERLAND
Electric guitar, solina string ensemble, mellotron, sax, flute, bells
STEPHANE PIGNEUL
Electric bass VI & bass, modular system, moog synth
MONDKOPF
Oberheim & analog synths, electric guitar
JEAN-MICHEL PIRES
Acoustic & processed drums, percussion & bells
G.W.SOK
Vocals on tracks 01, 03 & 06
JESSICA MOSS
Electric violin
RADWAN GHAZI MOUMNEH
Electric buzuk, modular system

Edited and mixed between Montreal and Paris, 'From Somewhere Invisible' summons the fever of experimentation and the powerful sound of the game coming together in the service of a luxuriant and psychedelic drift. Synthetic brass meets hammered rhythms, string electrics with cracked electronics, saxophone cries and laughter at a pulsing and seminal bass.

Created in 2012 by multi-instrumentalists Frédéric D. Oberland & Stéphane Pigneul, OISEAUX-TEMPÊTE [wazo-tɑ˜ .p?ːt] - (Storm Petrels) is a constantly evolving collective that, embracing the freedom of improvisation, transcends borders and cultures, straddling the intersection where amplified music ( post / kraut / free-rock, jazz-punk, avant-garde, experimental electronics) collides and finds common ground - a refuge.
The consequence of several trips around the Mediterranean Sea - Greece ('S/T', 2013), Turkey and Sicily ('ÜTOPIYA?', 2015), Lebanon ('AL-'AN!', 2017 and 'TARAB', 2018) - the music of OISEAUX-TEMPÊTE is anchored in a tormented present. Sensitive to the beating of hearts, hypnotic beats and explosions of materials, they embrace the community of collaboration, regularly inviting to the studio and tour friends like the electronic producer Mondkopf, the Dutch performer G.W.Sok (The Ex), drummers Jean-Michel Pirès (Bruit Noir, The Married Monk), Sylvain Joasson (Mendelson), Ben McConnell (Beach House, Marissa Nadler), British bass clarinettist Gareth Davis, contemporary ondist Christine Ott and musicians Charbel Haber & The Bunny Tylers, Sharif Sehnaoui, Fadi Tabbal, Tamer Abu Ghazaleh, Youmna Saba, Two Or The Dragon ...

At the end of November 2017, OISEAUX-TEMPÊTE flew to Canada at the invitation of Radwan Ghazi Moumneh (Jerusalem In My Heart). The program for the quintet (Frédéric, Stéphane, Jean-Michel, Mondkopf & G.W.Sok): two concerts in Montreal and Toronto in support of the collaborative project Suuns & Jerusalem In My Heart (specially reformed for the occasion), fraternal encounters buried beneath the Canadian snow, and to finish, a mysterious two-day studio session in Montreal's legendary Hotel2Tango. Radwan shifts from the recording controls to the buzuk, the spiralling strings of Jessica Moss (Thee Silver Mt. Zion) a welcome surprise. With usual urgency, OISEAUX-TEMPÊTE rushes with joy towards the invisible outcome.

The fourth studio album and seventh release on the Belgian avant-garde label Sub Rosa, 'From Somewhere Invisible' (2019) embraces the new. Leaving aside for a while the logbooks of long journeys and the field recordings of the previous albums, the music of OISEAUX-TEMPÊTE unfolds as a twilight and prophetic orchestra around G.W.Sok's punctuated voice. The poems of Mahmoud Darwish, Ghayath Almadhoun and Yu Jian question the modern man and his double, the strange and foreign, the fragmented real, the violence, society and its mirror. The eyes we hide behind, the ones we should open. These intimate compasses which can make us rise together in the midst of shrouded ruins; there is always a black raven to defy the horizon.

Old 06.18.2019, 08:50 PM   #195
Severian
invito al cielo

^ not out yet, not AOTY
Old 06.19.2019, 01:11 AM   #196
_tunic_
invito al cielo

well, I'm very sorry but that rule don't apply here
Bill Callahan will be ranked 4, Mono will be ranked 5

And here are the contestants for spots 2 and 3:

well, the ranking may still change, and I'll have to squeeze the SebadoH somewhere in it as well ...
but there's no space left for anything else

Old 06.19.2019, 02:46 PM   #197
_tunic_
invito al cielo

And here is yet another Constellation related release:

it sounds good, listening to it right now. Subscribers of the Gizeh mailing list get a preview. This will not be in my most anticipated list, but it might rock your boat.

oh, and if you want to get lucky, Gizeh is holding a warehouse cleanup. You can get 10CDs for 10 Pounds!

Quote:
SOME BECAME HOLLOW TUBES

​Keep it in the Ground

Some Became Hollow Tubes floating in the ocean.

6 self recorded improvised drone rock waves from Eric Quach (thisquietarmy - relentless DIY powerhouse) and Aidan Girt (Godspeed You! Black Emperor).

Chords loop, pedals get pushed, pounding drum parts get added and subtracted, it starts quiet and gets loud. Eric no longer needs to worry about the rhythm, Aidan no longer has to worry about the song structure. All four ears stay cocked and listening even if neither of them are very good at keeping eye contact.

One life to live, pound drone and loop this moment into the present, hahaha lets keep joking, it's ok.... the music has our sadness. This world is dying, the machines are getting better and better at eating material things to create nothing and all we can do is make wordless music in response.

PRESS:

"Wide of angle, stunningly executed, shot through with wordless emotion, Keep It In The Ground is a score for a film that doesn’t exist – and even if it did, it would struggle to match the breath-taking sonic splendour found here." Astral Noize

"I think the message is clear here. If you're into drones & drums, kraut & psychedelic, ambient & percussion, you need this album." Merchant of Air

PERSONNEL:
Aidan Girt - Drums
Eric Quach - Guitar, FX, Synths

Recorded behind the meat shop in an old sexy car wash.
Additional overdubs done at TQA HQ.
Mixed at The Pines
Mastered by Harris Newman at Grey Market.

Photography by Meryem Yildiz
​Layout/Design by Eric Quach

GZH90
June 21st 2019
LP / Digital

NOTES:
LP is a limited edition of 300 copies on Bone coloured vinyl. Housed in a heavyweight, 350gsm, matte-finished sleeve.

Initial pre-orders come with a limited edition postcard print. Hand-printed and numbered by SmilingPaperGhosts.

Old 06.19.2019, 05:49 PM   #198
d.sound
the destroyed room

Chords by Ellen Arkbro is good. One side is for organ, the other guitar. I like the guitar side better, very unexpected progressions.
Old 06.20.2019, 04:13 PM   #199
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
^ not out yet, not AOTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
well, I'm very sorry but that rule don't apply here

Indeed. Tropical Fuck Storm's Braindrops AOTY you little fuckers!

Old 06.20.2019, 07:32 PM   #200
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Apparently [Thom] Yorke's newest solo album is very close to an announcement. [here]

It's been officially announced, I got the W.A.S.T.E. email this morning. Longer, glitchy electronic stuff - four of the tracks have been played live at DJ sets before; there's links that I'll have to get soon. Some related short film is coming to Netflix too.
Digital release on Thursday, vinyl release (with a bonus track) a few weeks after that. Wikipedia link.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth