Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page rajneesh rising from the grave to take over america once again?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.19.2014, 12:24 PM   #1
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
http://gawker.com/jaden-smith-and-ky...ase-1577008145

haha. remember the luxury sedan loving, gay hating, blamingvictimsfortheholocaust guy who committed the largest bio-terror attack in united states history to influence elections.

well apparently all the coachella loving teenage stars of hollywood are getting pretty into it.

now the stuff they're into isn't exclusively the realm of rajneesh followers but this is pretty interesting.

if you think that these moronic teenage celebrities being into this stuff won't have any effect on society you may be right. but remember that the rajneesh followers who committed the terrorist acts were a bunch of hippies who probably hadn't heard of a guru before pop stars 'the beatles' decided everyone should follow one

for more info on rajneesh feel free to check out the classic/superculturallyinsensitive* christian scare film 'gods of the new age'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEPhLwgKnUE
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2014, 12:48 PM   #2
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
have you ever read http://www.amazon.com/The-Cult-End-W.../dp/0517705435 this about the aum cult? highly recommended. i think that's the kind of thing you'd be interested in.

noone does new age hippie mysticism quite like the japanese.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2014, 01:17 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Read "Underground" by Haruki Murakami. heavy stuff. details the aftermath of that day the AUm people gassed the subway system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undergr...rakami_book%29
Old 05.19.2014, 02:32 PM   #4
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
haven't read any books about shinirikyo just watched movies about them
aum is not really the same thing as rajneesh's beliefs really, although aum does rip off yogic flying from rajneesh's competitor maharishi, as seen in aum's disturbingly peaceful anime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf_6GKvyg58

nepotism has already destroyed the quality of american film making. now these kids are gonna quit making movies and poison some salad bars

i think believing in pyramids is generally rad, i mean pyramid worship is a big part of the foundation of the jehovah's witness religion which is who americans have to thank for the right to publish controversial literature and the right to refuse military service. we use them to keep razors sharp in my part of the world. but young hollywood stars are the most ignorant people in all of gaia and i wonder where these cosmically overpriviliged spirit children will lead the youth of america(i suspect it will either have to do with sitting crosslegged or poisoning people)

while i've always had my reservations about indie rock i think it should be banned now that all the hollywood people are into it. please join my campaign to make the northwestern hemisphere a rap and country only zone
Old 05.19.2014, 02:38 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
that's hilarious. i read it in gawker last week. but i don't still know this rajneesh.

however--

don't all teenagers dabble in some kind of magical/mystical/religious shit at some point?

i mean some kids join the opus dei (the worst), some spray paint pentagrams all over the neighborhood, some dream of going to nepal, some join polygamous cults, some want to learn the deepest kung-fu, some become wiccans, some read vampire novels, some turn jihadists, etc.

didn't you ever have a spiritual bullshit phase? fess up!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2014, 02:45 PM   #6
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that's hilarious. i read it in gawker last week. but i don't still know this rajneesh.

however--

don't all teenagers dabble in some kind of magical/mystical/religious shit at some point?

i mean some kids join the opus dei (the worst), some spray paint pentagrams all over the neighborhood, some dream of going to nepal, some join polygamous cults, some want to learn the deepest kung-fu, some become wiccans, some read vampire novels, some turn jihadists, etc.

didn't you ever have a spiritual bullshit phase? fess up!

if you don't know who rajneesh is you're missing the point. the problem isn't that they're spiritual, it's that their getting their spirituality from a known terrorist and scam artist. there's a difference in being interested in islam vs. being interested in the taliban

i'm in my spiritual bullshit phase RIGHT NOW

not all teenagers have such a phase, i never had a chance because unfortunately unreligious people are deluded, cruel and unethical in the exact same way as religious people and i was raised by people who grew up under an intolerant atheist regime that brainwashed people away from from spiritual open-mindedness to a level that most religions could never dream of
Old 05.19.2014, 02:48 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
they are ALL "scam artists, and most of them are terrorists too, they just hide it really well.
Old 05.19.2014, 02:50 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
if you don't know who rajneesh is you're missing the point. the problem isn't that they're spiritual, it's that their getting their spirituality from a known terrorist and scam artist.
yes yes. when i was a little kid my auntie would lend me these old books by lobsang rampa-- i was a curious kid.

rampa was "a tibetan lama" who was really a british plumber writing fiction about astral travel and other ballsack. we lived in the boonies and didn't know he had been discredited--for ages!

of course all of these people are scam artists. one eventually realizes that goes without saying.

in school i had a friend who claimed to have been trained in some shaolin temple that was really a front for the red guards and he wanted to start a guerrilla and one day he just disappeared. we thought he had joined a guerrilla or been killed by the military or taken prisoner. when we grew up we asked about him in the prison bureau and nobody had heard of him there. who the fuck knows, really. but man, we all wanted to join the kungfu temple when we were 12.
Old 05.19.2014, 02:56 PM   #9
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
yes yes. when i was a little kid my auntie would lend me these old books by lobsang rampa-- i was a curious kid.

rampa was "a tibetan lama" who was really a british plumber writing fiction about astral travel and other ballsack. we lived in the boonies and didn't know he had been discredited--for ages!

of course all of these people are scam artists. one eventually realizes that goes without saying.

the things you're talking are completely different than purposelly endangering the lives of more than 700 people. read about rajneesh and you'll get why interest in him is more dangerous than the average silly book

if the plumber was never involved in any bio-terror attacks he's considerably less scary than rajneesh
Old 05.19.2014, 03:06 PM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
the things you're talking are completely different than purposelly endangering the lives of more than 700 people. read about rajneesh and you'll get why interest in him is more dangerous than the average silly book

if the plumber was never involved in any bio-terror attacks he's considerably less scary than rajneesh

religious wars and killings are as old as religion. read the bible for countless examples. or the history of islam. or the bhagavad gita (sp?) that discusses if one should kill one's own cousins during war (the answer: yes, of course!)

i'm not defending that motherfucker by the way. i'm just putting things into perspective. it's all mega-bullshit.
Old 05.19.2014, 03:07 PM   #11
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
they are ALL "scam artists, and most of them are terrorists too, they just hide it really well.

ha ha ha-- YES!
Old 05.19.2014, 03:11 PM   #12
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
religious wars and killings are as old as religion. read the bible for countless examples. or the history of islam. or the bhagavad gita (sp?) that discusses if one should kill their own cousins during war (the answer: yes, of course!)

i'm not defending that motherfucker by the way. i'm just putting things into perspective. it's all mega-bullshit.

seriously, quit sharing your opinion on this without knowing who rajneesh is. his violence was not based on his teachings but on wanting to elect local government who would let him do whatever he wants(sex and money, not god). the motivation for the attacks is capitalism not hinduism. the guy wasn't even religious, just a brilliant businessman. none of the points you're making have anything to do with the guy being discussed, which is only natural because it's quite difficult to have a relevant opinion on a guy you haven't heard of

also it's easy to blame religious wars on religion while ignoring the fact that winning such a war makes your country larger,wealthier and more powerful, but it's also absurd
Old 05.19.2014, 03:12 PM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm in my spiritual bullshit phase RIGHT NOW

not all teenagers have such a phase, i never had a chance because unfortunately unreligious people are deluded, cruel and unethical in the exact same way as religious people and i was raised by people who grew up under an intolerant atheist regime that brainwashed people away from from spiritual open-mindedness to a level that most religions could never dream of

sorry i missed that on the first pass.

what are you currently dabbling in?
Old 05.19.2014, 03:16 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
seriously, quit sharing your opinion on this without knowing who rajneesh is. his violence was not based on his teachings but on wanting to elect local government who would let him do whatever he wants(sex and money, not god). the motivation for the attacks is capitalism not hinduism. the guy wasn't even religious, just a brilliant businessman. none of the points you're making have anything to do with the guy being discussed, which is only natural because it's quite difficult to have a relevant opinion on a guy you haven't heard of

man, i grew up catholic. we have a history of crime and murder that goes deeper than any city council. from selling indulgences to launching crusades to looking the other way with the nazis (some would say collaborate) to systematically raping children-- poisoning salad is, unfortunately, small potatoes (potato salad?).

i mean i feel abstractly bad for the victims. abstractly because i didn't know them personally. but it's terrible to die poisoned by an asshole's followers. i'm not discounting that. i'm just saying-- this guy is no exception.

Quote:
also it's easy to blame religious wars on religion while ignoring the fact that winning such a war makes your country larger,wealthier and more powerful, but it's also absurd

that's what i've been saying, religion is just a branch of power and business and fuck whoever opposes because GOD IS ON OUR SIDE

Old 05.19.2014, 03:19 PM   #15
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
This isn't that indigo children bullshit? lol
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2014, 03:21 PM   #16
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
man, i grew up catholic. we have a history of crime and murder that goes deeper than any city council. from selling indulgences to launching crusades to looking the other way with the nazis (some would say collaborate)-- poisoning salad is, unfortunately, small potatoes (potato salad?).

i mean i feel abstractly bad for the victims. it's terrible to die poisoned by an asshole's followers. i'm not discounting that. i'm just saying this guy is no exception.

that's what i've been saying, religion is just a branch of power and business and fuck whoever opposes.

rajneesh isn't catholic. seriously you're insights into the motivations of a person you haven't heard of are not insightful.

if it's religion that causes these problems explain to me to why four generations of my family suffered under completely unreligious stalinist leaders? you can't because these things are vastly more complicated than the black and white binary you're espousing.

poisoning salad and salsa are obviously small compared to catholics colonising a whole continent. that's the point. poisoning people is the sort of thing the average hollywood yahoo would actually be capable of, starting a war isn't
Old 05.19.2014, 03:27 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
rajneesh isn't catholic. seriously you're insights into the motivations of a person you haven't heard of are not insightful.

if it's religion that causes these problems explain to me to why four generations of my family suffered under completely unreligious stalinist leaders? you can't because these things are vastly more complicated than the black and white binary you're espousing.

i'm not saying that religion "causes" these problems-- it just provides the perfect rationalization and it mobilizes and controls the believing idiots. it is a branch of political power.

stalinism was a religion of its own-- they prophesized, they offered paradise, they had their unquestionable dogmas and their inquisitions. how was that not religious-- it was in the religious mold.
Old 05.19.2014, 03:30 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
poisoning salad and salsa are obviously small compared to catholics colonising a whole continent. that's the point. poisoning people is the sort of thing the average hollywood yahoo would actually be capable of, starting a war isn't

oh. i see your point. but bush was an idiot and he was fighting gog and magog. FOR REAL.

i've posted this before but here goes again. kindly read:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...on-george-bush

it needs to be repeated. often.
Old 05.19.2014, 03:51 PM   #19
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i read that when it was first published

when i told people about it they refused to believe me

at the time the meme was the bush was actually "highly intelligent" and was just portrayed as a dolt for political reasons in the media

this rested on the fact he had been educated in prestigious places as if the idiots spouting this had no conception that his education was solely a result of the money his family had

ive also read that gog and magog are ancient names for land masses on our planet in prehistoric periods where the continents were still largely connected and hadnt split up as they have now

i think were entering that part of things were words have so many alternate explanations they no longer refer to anything
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2014, 03:54 PM   #20
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
i'm not saying that religion "causes" these problems-- it just provides the perfect rationalization and it mobilizes and controls the believing idiots.

stalinism was a religion of its own-- they prophesized, they offered paradise, they had their unquestionable dogmas and their inquisitions. how was that not religious-- it was in the religious mold.

religion is a sort of supernatural belief so stalinism is not religion, it's similar, but in the exact same way all political or economic ideas can be, and we need political and economic ideas to accomplish anything.the fact that political ideas free from religion can be in the religious mold shows that the problem is much deeper than the actual beliefs, religion is fucked up because it's in the human mold. that's why i think blaming religion is short sighted, it's like blaming smith & wesson for an armed robbery and ignoring the fact that the robber did it for personal gain

like a gun religion is more of a tool than a cause.you really don't need religion to mobilise the idiots unfortunately, . it's an incredibly useful tool for manipulating, but so are all ideas. if you convince everyone in the usa that they'll be wealthier and safer if they nuke mexico you can bet they'll be into it, no god needed. the cruelty of rajneesh is based on wanting to tell people what to do and not pay his taxes, and whether catholic/atheist, communist/capitalist, rockstar/rapper the problem of greedy and manipulative people suckering others is unfortunately more inherent than any belief could be.

which leaves the question as to why rajneesh's brand of religion strikes me as a more dangerous thing than most, and that's simply because of the individual aspect. the koran is written by a guy who might not exist and isn't going to tell you what to do either way so the people attracted to it could easily have greatly differing versions of following it. osama bin laden is a specific, mortal person who everyone knows kills people, so people who directly become attracted to his own brand of islam are more likely to be violent. someone attracted to hindu beliefs may be into it because they perceive it as something that will make them a better person. but being attracted to a specific hindu individual who is known to be violent and misrepresent their own religion for personal gain is different because you aren't just following an idea in the clouds but a regular person who's very clearly fucked up. that's why i wouldn't be worried to find out someone is a hindu, but would be scared of someone who's into rajneesh specifically

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth