Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page clockcleaner
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.30.2008, 02:45 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
what do people think of them? i just got 'babylon rules' in the mail. i must say, i think theyre downright awesome, great psychotic punk for people who have grown bored with punk. unline other load bands though, they have very little to do with noise and noise rock, other than that they play viciously loud, but are much more in the realms of punk and even maybe ol' hardrock. anyone else dig them?
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i like what i've heard
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 07:27 PM   #3
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
they are good but nothing spectacular...probably the best thing load put out last year.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 09:44 PM   #4
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
they are good but nothig spectacular...probably the best thing load put out last year.

prurient? mouthus? yellow swans? load put a buncha good shit out last year. i dont know why people dont like them, theyre our amphetamine reptile, consistenly putting out challenging, exciting, and just plain crazed noise/experimental/avant garde tunes. i personally love that label.
Old 01.31.2008, 02:23 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
hmph.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2008, 09:57 AM   #6
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
prurient? mouthus? yellow swans? load put a buncha good shit out last year. i dont know why people dont like them, theyre our amphetamine reptile, consistenly putting out challenging, exciting, and just plain crazed noise/experimental/avant garde tunes. i personally love that label.

to clarify again...load puts out mediocre-to-shitty albums by great artists, it's something weird because i'd love for them to put out quality product but most of their albums suck, unless it's coughs or lightning bolt. both prurient albums on load are so shitty i didn't bother to listen to him because i thought he was plain crap (how wrong i was...), i haven't heard the mouthus album and yellow swans are invariably worth listen and at least good in most every release they do, but have you heard the sword heaven album? holy fuck if it isn't boring, and this is a band that by no means is boring at all. they have exceptions to the rule (that ovo album, the first white mice on the label), but mostly it's just not good enough.

chances are, if a band releases something through load and another thing through another label, the other label is going to be more a quality product.

the last kites album was released through load, right? that was good too.
Old 01.31.2008, 12:04 PM   #7
batreleaser
invito al cielo

well to each their own. but have you seen white mice live???? awesome stuff, its like seeing a black metal show but instead of corpse paint its sadistic mide costums and instead of shitty symphonic satanic metal its good industrial infused satanic noise.
Old 01.31.2008, 12:11 PM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

and sword heaven is only one alblum, i highly doubt theres any labels that dont have some misses. but the load roster, forcefield, the hospitals, landed, kites, the bolt, mindflayer, mouthus, nautical almanac, necromonitron, prurient, scissor girls, six finger sattelite, usaisamonster, yellow swans, u must like at least a few of those bands. i mean, if a label is attracting that many good bands, they must be doing something right, but i dono. i just like them a lot. ive heard a lot of people with complains similar to yours, "their a thug version of apmh rep", and "shitty records by good bands". but i just dig em.
Old 01.31.2008, 03:37 PM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, the mouthus album on load is horrible. very disappointing...

And, batreleaser, scissor girls and six finger satellite rule, but they haven't been together for years. So, even if load has put out good stuff at some point, they don't consistently put out good stuff. Just sayin.

Skin Graft <3

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2008, 09:05 PM   #10
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
and sword heaven is only one alblum, i highly doubt theres any labels that dont have some misses. but the load roster, forcefield, the hospitals, landed, kites, the bolt, mindflayer, mouthus, nautical almanac, necromonitron, prurient, scissor girls, six finger sattelite, usaisamonster, yellow swans, u must like at least a few of those bands. i mean, if a label is attracting that many good bands, they must be doing something right, but i dono. i just like them a lot. ive heard a lot of people with complains similar to yours, "their a thug version of apmh rep", and "shitty records by good bands". but i just dig em.

again, ace bands, i love most of them, just that, those particular albums aren't that amazing.

comparing labels is pretty stupid.

and about the whole "if a label is attracting that many good bands, they must be doing something right" it's not always right, look at troubleman unlimited. one of the best rosters in the last 10 years but the SHITTIEST label.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth