Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Music Request & Upload Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.16.2008, 09:05 AM   #41
sarramkrop

CD / various / WE LOVE YOU.SO LOVE US / We Love You Records
The electronic/dance label Wall Of Sound wanted to introduce their new rock label We Love You by making a statement of intent, which is what this compilation is. Of the 16 songs here, WZBC already has 5 that I know of: Miss Mend's first (incredibly Stereolab-ish) single "Living City Plan", Clinic's "The Second Line" (both a 7" and a track from their Internal Wrangler CD), Appliance "We Are Not Built to Last", Color Filter "Sitting In The Sand" (from their Elefant 7"), and Mogul's "I Was Starving Hungry In Tesco's". That leaves 11 songs, and on these you are ALL SET. I Am Kloot, The Bees, Shawn Lee , Lightspeed, OP:L Bastards , Kicker, Skylab, Sirconical , Dymaxion, Man Atom, 10 Cents, and Ten Benson . Everything on this comp is very song oriented. Many of the songs are electronic and somewhat mellow. Very bright and now, particularly if you are enjoying the Badly Drawn Boy styled sound.

Desperately looking for the Lightspeed track on this compiltation. I used to have the record but I can't find it anymore.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2008, 09:29 AM   #42
sarramkrop

By the way, I like the artwork on all the sleeves of this series of compilations on the Wall Of Sound/We Love You label. My first brush with Bansky's art:

Check out this thread on the Bansky forum:
http://www.banksyforum.proboards82.com/index.cgi?board=cddvdcovers&action=display&thread= 1149028658
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 07:37 AM   #43
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
before asking, one can do a blog search too.
www.blogscope.net
uff, i can't find what I want.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth