Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why is Speed a Better Drug than Weed?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2008, 03:26 AM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee; we don't take our trips on LSD.

You must be very proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 03:36 AM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
all that funny stuff

hah ha ha

i love the contrarian argument and have to agree with it, with some reservations. but yes.

i have these friends who are after-work potheads. they lead normal lives, have jobs, study, have dinner parties, own a couple of dogs, live in a cool as fuck house, etc.

they are nice fun kind funny and great people to be around-- until they get stoned.

then they sit on their couches with half-closed eyes, stare into space with a silly smile, and couldn't hold a decent fucking conversation to save their fucking lives. for shame!

coffee, booze and smoking lead to great conversation and eventual fucking. weed leads to... the munchies and sleep.

weed also leads to many fucking stupid muddleheaded ideas that can't stand up to the most basic examination. of this there are examples galore.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 03:50 AM   #23
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I have bad luck. I can't smoke weed, I just can't. Everytime I do it I get paranoid as hell, and just lock myself up in my head and keep completely wordless. Just sitting in the corner and staring at the others having fun. And when I sober up, the following week or so I always feel depressed and anxious.

So my drug of choice is just a couple of beers here and there.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 04:11 AM   #24
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That's a truly logical argument, isn't it? Posting two scientific explanations of speed and a FUCKING STATUE you weed-addled moron.

aaaahahahahaha awesome.

really, I love the reefer... fuck you guys.

and yeah... try to deny Pink Floyd... I've tried, it's impossible.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 04:16 AM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

Old 01.25.2008, 04:26 AM   #26
sarramkrop

Quote:

I could summarise with the following: people on speed listen to gabba, Happy Hardcore and your various tribes of hip-hop. People on weed listen to Pink fucking Floyd.

I smoke weed twice a week but rarely listen to Pink Floyd, even though I like some of their records. I also occasionally take other drugs (including speed) and the last thing that passes through my head is an entire style of music to keep me company while doing so. Wait, I must be mental, then.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:20 AM   #27
sarramkrop

The thing is that you don't just have people who smoke weed for recreational purposes. Sad as it might be, I smoke it to relax and get a good night of sleep when I am felling too tired and my back hurts too much. I occasionaly (but very rarely) smoke dope in the company of other people. Same with other drugs: they're ok occasionally, but the price to pay is way too high. If 2 hours of enjoyment give you three days of hell, well, you might as well just take it easy.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:35 AM   #28
sarramkrop

You party animal! ha!

By the way, good morning birthday girl.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:43 AM   #29
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i do weed when ever really
if im bored and up late
or if im around friends places
if im drunk
if we want to make the adventure to the store that much more fun
or the trip to the pool a bit of fun
Old 01.25.2008, 05:44 AM   #30
sarramkrop

Here's a venus flytrap for you, honey.

edit- nef
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 06:17 AM   #31
sarramkrop

I have bought this Chris Weed enviromental sculpture especially for you.

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 06:43 AM   #32
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Weed is the safest drug you can do; it's also probably the worst you can do to feel anything besides a slight tinge of "oh man I'm kinda fucked up right now..."

Personally, I don't like either one. I prefer opiates and disassociatives...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 03:14 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Plenty of those people are deluded into thinking it's harmless. Many of them argue that cigarettes and alcohol are more harmful. Why yes, yes they are. That doesn't mean weed doesn't, or won't make you an idiot. Weed smokers, the sort getting towards their early-30s, are a load of sanctimonious pricks. There is no cut-off point with weed, because it is no-where near as ridiculous as speed.

I know loads and loads of perfectly decent, intelligent people who habitually, or casually, smoke weed and fail to notice that (with a pitifully few exceptions) they become lethargic, anti-social lepers with faint notions of the intelligence they haven't excersized for years.

you know, maybe some of these people's lethargy, apathy, or stupidity were just pre-existing conditions? further, the statue was a joke to imply that Herb gives you an irie meditation, a state of clarity, where as we all know that speed does quite the opposite. further, I'm sorry glice, but you will just have to admitt that maybe herb causes social problems (ie, ammotivation syndrome, is a social disease, not a mental one) but it DOES not cause any neurological damage, where as speed, well shit, go kick it with anyone who as been smoking weed every day for five years, and then go and kick it with someone who has been smoking Speed everyday for ONE, and you will see the damage right in front of yr face.

some people should not smoke weed, this is true it is not for everybody. however, NOBODY, NOBODY, NOBODY should smoke, snort or slam speed.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 03:42 PM   #34
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
!@#$!, that's a great cartoon. I am lol-ing.

Personally drugs either scare me or bore me. Stuff like the harder stuff, obviously, is scary, partly because of the delivery (needles and such) and the physiological effect (I don't want my heart to race, thank you), not to mention the addictiveness.

Other stuff, like pot and LSD, just seems rather banal and pointless.

On the other hand, I like alcohol, but mostly because it usually "tastes" like something. A good, high-gravity beer, for example, has so much flavor and palate qualities and aroma, it's almost like a meal. There's more pleasure involved.
Old 01.25.2008, 04:43 PM   #35
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
weed also leads to many fucking stupid muddleheaded ideas that can't stand up to the most basic examination. of this there are examples galore.

we can find you an equal number of stupid ideas that came from alleged sober people.

some of the early computer programmers claim they got their ideas while on LSD, and back then, it was the real thing.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 04:45 PM   #36
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Weed is boring.
Which, of course, is why I smoke it everyday.
My head hurts and my jokes are dull.
I once had a good thought, though.
Instead of developing it I smoked more pot.
You try living in a town where the people are as culturally deprived as the truckstop down the street.
You try existing solely around people who smoke pot daily and who a genuinely upset if they can't.
Where the only thing to do is ride around back roads, drool forming at your lips, jam bands easing you metamorphesis into a zombie, endless farms rolling by, where cows are the only thing one can truly relate to.
"What's that? You have a great longing, a spark of passion? Too bad."
Cheers to my life.
I think I'll go smoke.
(it does pain me, and is not intentional, that this is how things are)
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 04:50 PM   #37
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i think it is better to be alive.

weed's never killed anyone.
rarely has anyone commited aggravated robbery to support a weed habit.

weed is used communaly, with friends, and if you got plenty you will give it away with little worries

weed is naturally occurring flower. you smoke the flower of the marhuana pantr. there are no chemicals added no synthetic tinkering, or lab coat bullshit.

overdosing on weed is near impossible, unless you eat a ton of brownies, and even then the effect is to make you pass out, not death, or a raging rampage a la speed or PCP

weed helps cancer patients and people undergoing chemo for hepatitis and AIDS maintain a normal appetite, helping them heal and nourish themselves.
Old 01.25.2008, 04:52 PM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Weed is boring.
Which, of course, is why I smoke it everyday.
My head hurts and my jokes are dull.
I once had a good thought, though.
Instead of developing it I smoked more pot.
You try living in a town where the people are as culturally deprived as the truckstop down the street.
You try existing solely around people who smoke pot daily and who a genuinely upset if they can't.
Where the only thing to do is ride around back roads, drool forming at your lips, jam bands easing you metamorphesis into a zombie, endless farms rolling by, where cows are the only thing one can truly relate to.
"What's that? You have a great longing, a spark of passion? Too bad."
Cheers to my life.
I think I'll go smoke.
(it does pain me, and is not intentional, that this is how things are)

none of those complaints ahve anything to do with weed man. it has everything to do with the losers you describe. jam band fanatics will love jam bands with ior without weed. wastes and bums will be wastes and bums with or without weed.
why worruy about people who get uspet when they have no weed? remeber what happene din the US when the government told everyoe they could not have any ALCOHOL?
Old 01.25.2008, 04:56 PM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
i
rarely has anyone commited aggravated robbery to support a weed habit.

ha ha ha. that's cos they are too sleepy to get violent. but people commit crimes to pay for their weed, like any other addiction.

but anyway, a different story

a pothead friend of mine had this dealer friend who supplied her; one day someone knocks at the door, he opens, they shoot him, go in, grab all his shit and money, and leave. i didnt know if he was left paralized or died completely, i never asked her again, i didn't wanna know.

buds that arrive to your bong are not all holy and crime-free. lots of blood gets spilled on the way. when it gets legalized i'll grow it along my basil and make brownies. but as long as organized crime is in charge, there's a trail of blood to your door. oh yes.
Old 01.25.2008, 05:00 PM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

people kill a dealer to steal his shit? that has nothing to do with the weed man, and everything to do with the asshole criminal who wants to take advantage of a drug dealer.
the only reason there is crime and bloodshed is because it is ILLEGAL

if it were decriminalized, as it is in spain, and aprts of canada, and italy and the netherlands, and many other places in the world, that bullshit would cease.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth