Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why is Speed a Better Drug than Weed?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2008, 09:04 PM   #101
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh depakote-- what was that for... hm did i ever take that? no, that's for bipolars and i'm just a regular loon. i know someone who used to take that... who was it...?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 09:08 PM   #102
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
it's pretty hard to be proactive, let alone keep up with what's going on around you, when you're that zonked...

meaning i'm not a whole lot better off now than i was say, 10 or 12 years ago when smoking weed was an almost hourly habit that almost helped me fail out of college. but i'm in a far, far better place than i was around 5 years ago.

yeah. thank you. i think the muddlehead was projecting his rationalizations into your post by implying that you ''cured" yourself with weed, as he claims he's doing.

BUT ANYWAY.

reading this made me want to get blazed ha ha ha. but last time i did a few months ago my brain performed below par for a couple of weeks.

this, on the other hand...

clarifying & brilliant. lucid. introspective.

im going to mix some drinks, you guys have a good night
Old 01.25.2008, 09:14 PM   #103
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
cheers!

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2008, 10:19 PM   #104
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
it's not. there are better drugs out there than weed but speed is not one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
...my experience fits more with this than what rob's talking about...

and yes, i've continued to smoke after realizing that, yes it has affected my productivity, and yes i sometimes get irritable when i don't smoke for a while. this is true for both tobacco and weed. i used to get slammed sometimes when i first worked at offices for spending 10-15 minutes of every hour standing outside smoking cigs. that's fully 20-25% of my productivity down the drain right there. but i was far from the only one, and when you throw in making coffee and drinking it while standing outside chain smoking, there were people there who spent closer to 30-35% of every work day on the entirely unproductive task of feeding their dependencies.

as far as medicated life goes... i've also spent a couple of years walking around like a zombie on meds my psychaitrist was feeding me and my ex-wife was telling me made me more "mentally stable." i was entirely weed and alcohol free for around 3 years. i was taking fairly high doses of risperdal, seroquel and other atypical anti-psychotics that my doctor was telling me could help bi-polar disorder, which is what they said was causing my periodic problems with depression and that i just didn't recognize the periods of intense productivity and creativity coupled with often serious sleep-deprivation (so called hypomania) as problematic.

within the first 3 months of taking these medications, i had gained nearly 30 pounds. i began sleeping upwards of 12 hours a day, yet i was still falling asleep at my desk at work. on more than one occasion i had serious problems judging distances while trying to park my car, and not even parallel parking. for a short period i lost the ability to establish a mental image of the space around me. for example while driving on the highway i would glance in the rearview mirror and see a car in the next lane over a little ways behind me. when i looked back at the road in front of me, i could no longer see in my mind's eye how far behind me the other car was. i'd find myself checking my mirrors almost constantly and still only narrowly avoided a couple of accidents. i had trouble picking up an object from the desk in front of me with my eyes closed, even if i had just been looking at it. as an aspiring architect this was truly frightening.

even after finding a combination of meds that didn't have me falling asleep at my desk and stumbling on the stairs, i eventually gained around 40 pounds and my risk for diabetes had gone up fourfold. i was still sleeping 10 hours a night to feel as rested as i used to feel after 7 or 8. and i found that if i didn't take my medication, i would be literally unable to fall asleep for hours, doze off for an hour and half, then wake up and stare at the ceiling until the sun came up. i gradually stopped hanging out with my friends, lost all interest in my career, and slowly began hating myself.

since then, i've gotten divorced, quit the meds, gone back to grad school, lost nearly all the weight (i'm down to 135 from 165), become a far more sociable person and eventually resumed smoking weed on a fairly regular basis. if that's not a good thing, i don't know what is.

- i'm the angriest person in the world if i haven't had a cigarette. i can go with or without the weed but, obviously, if i smoke a j or whatever i'm going to be a lot easier to deal with.
i suppose i do have an addictive personality and it would make a lot of sense given the situation of most of my relatives however i don't really do anything on a regular basis except smoke cigarettes and have my coffee and drink. i've cut back a lot on smoking weed because i'm sick to death of the smell however i still don't mind doing it if there's any to be had.
Old 01.26.2008, 11:06 PM   #105
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Speed is the filthy drug that gets you nowhere. Fact.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2008, 11:40 PM   #106
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Speed is the filthy drug that gets you nowhere. Fact.

i think it would be more accurate to say

Speed is the filthy drug that gets you nowhere. Fast.

(....maybe that's what you were going for...)

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2008, 04:32 PM   #107
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
these thread seems to be a bizaar combination of stoners, weed friendly people who dont smoke, anti weed people who dont do drugs, and worst of all, people who abuse other drug and attack people who smoke weed because they just wish oh-so-badly that their terrible habbits could be as casual as weed. Alcohol kills. It is involved in over half of the gun fatalities in this country, as well as a quarter of all fatal car accidents. Tobacco kills. Maybe not this extreme 500,000 plus a year, but it definitely kills people, and that is why I quit smoking finally, after ten years... but herb, shit herb just gives you munchies. All of the problems attributed to the use of cannabis in this society, are imposed upon by our society (ie, social problems) and are not a result or effect of the use itself.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2008, 04:41 PM   #108
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
these thread seems to be a bizaar combination of stoners, weed friendly people who dont smoke, anti weed people who dont do drugs, and worst of all, people who abuse other drug and attack people who smoke weed because they just wish oh-so-badly that their terrible habbits could be as casual as weed. Alcohol kills. It is involved in over half of the gun fatalities in this country, as well as a quarter of all fatal car accidents. Tobacco kills. Maybe not this extreme 500,000 plus a year, but it definitely kills people, and that is why I quit smoking finally, after ten years... but herb, shit herb just gives you munchies. All of the problems attributed to the use of cannabis in this society, are imposed upon by our society (ie, social problems) and are not a result or effect of the use itself.

sure. how's school going?
Old 01.28.2008, 04:50 PM   #109
emobear
little trouble girl

emobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant futureemobear has a brilliant future
Weed Against Speed. Reminds me of Sebadoh.
Old 01.29.2008, 04:39 PM   #110
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
sure. how's school going?

fantastic actually. 3.7 gpa. was taking 5 and six classes at a time but now I dont have too, nearly finished. finances up to date. on perfect track to graduate in december, only seven classes to go, four taking presently....

after all,

long time now, Ethiopia is calling, where there's a will there's a way somehow, we have to reach no time for stalling..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2008, 05:05 PM   #111
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
fantastic actually. 3.7 gpa. was taking 5 and six classes at a time but now I dont have too, nearly finished. finances up to date. on perfect track to graduate in december, only seven classes to go, four taking presently....

after all,

long time now, Ethiopia is calling, where there's a will there's a way somehow, we have to reach no time for stalling..

awesome. keep up the good work.
Old 01.29.2008, 06:07 PM   #112
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
weed, booze, and opiates will always be my favorites. when i used, i wanted to relax, so i never much liked stimulants, when i did, itd usually be blow. speed, even like low grade adderal speed, gives me paranoia till no end. i used to take it for school and i remember sitting in class literally thinking everyone was whispering shit about me. it was wayyyyy too much for me.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2008, 08:44 PM   #113
sarramkrop

Speed can be a lot of fun. Obviously, the more you do, the less the fun. No rocket science, there.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2008, 10:35 PM   #114
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I took some adderall this morning. It felt nice. Now my jaw hurts and I want to die.
Old 01.29.2008, 10:36 PM   #115
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I took some adderall this morning. It felt nice. Now my jaw hurts and I want to die.

granma sez

you had it coming
Old 01.29.2008, 10:37 PM   #116
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i'm going to take drugs for a legitimate medical purpose
oh joy.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth