Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Wipers Appreciation Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.24.2006, 09:03 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
So I've just come from listening to the wipers debut Is This Real ? for like the tenth time and love iteven more. In fact their first three records are all classics. The sound is thrashy but has a pop sense to it too.The band had a lot of diversity. I like how greg decided to be an individual and while hardcore's 1 and 1/2 minute songs were all the rage he comes out with a 10 minute anthem.Greg Sage is an excellent guitarist and songwriter. Let's give it up for him now.

Also What's Your favorite Wipers album?

Mine's a tie between Is This Real and Over The Edge.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 09:18 PM   #2
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i don't own any of their albums, but my big bro did (until they got stolen) and i loved a bunch of the songs. "Window Shop for Love" is probably my favorite.
Old 04.24.2006, 09:25 PM   #3
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Windowshop for love, windowshop for love, want it so much, look but don't touch!

Love that song. Telepathic is a great song too.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 09:31 PM   #4
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Windowshop for love, windowshop for love, want it so much, look but don't touch!

Love that song. Telepathic is a great song too.

yea i really like that song too, really underrated. The melody and the lyrics are both good. "Could you send me a message without saying a word, touch me once with out being too observed, can u give me something without giving a thing, telepathic affair".

Those are really heartfelt, poetic lyrics, his lyrical skill is not fully appreciated.
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

Old 04.24.2006, 10:19 PM   #5
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i just listened to is this real? for like the second time the other day and it was awesome!!!!

i love the new wave-iness, but also the hardcoreness of it all
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 07:42 AM   #6
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
saw a film over the weekend about the portland punk scene in the late 70s... made by mike from smegma... can't say i'm really into wipers or poison idea or shit like that... but it was still quite an entertaining film... smegma rule...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 05:35 PM   #7
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

Love that song.

That's probably my favorite Wipers song ever.
Old 05.05.2006, 12:30 PM   #8
The 97th Hammer
bad moon rising

The 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard sucka
Love the Youth of America album myself. I can't decide if my fave song is "No Fair" or "Scared Stiff".
The 97th Hammer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 01:57 PM   #9
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
yeah youth of america is my favourite, the melvins did a fucking great version of it too
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 02:38 PM   #10
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow
yeah youth of america is my favourite, the melvins did a fucking great version of it too

Mission of Burma also do a great cover of that song, i havent heard the melvins version though.
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

Old 05.06.2006, 03:35 PM   #11
Mudride
little trouble girl

Mudride has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
kick ass band !
Mudride is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 11:55 PM   #12
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite song is Mystery and has anyone heard the Nation of Ulysses cover of Telepathic? Great stuff.

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 02:13 PM   #13
Mudride
little trouble girl

Mudride has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
yeah, Mystery is my fav song too. Less than 2 mins of pure true punk rock
Mudride is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth