Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New Radiohead release "The king of the limbs"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.18.2011, 07:02 PM   #61
canabero
children of satan

canabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard sucka
Definitely Radiohead is dead for me Since In Rainbows i hate these new style of melodic electronic songs for girls, it's a shame i loved this band... and please don't compare this whit Amnesiac, Amnesiac had a very psychodelic style that tooked you in trance, not comporable whit Kings of the limbs that is just a soft album.

www.myspace.com/canabero
canabero is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 07:03 PM   #62
washer
bad moon rising

washer cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard sucka
Those arguments about the lyrics and the song title also seem a bit too "overthought" (in lack of a better word) to me, the only thing that actually makes me think this could be only half of the album is the fact that the physical edition comes with a 2xLP - isn't that too many vinyl sides for a 37 minute album?
washer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 07:08 PM   #63
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by washer
Those arguments about the lyrics and the song title also seem a bit too "overthought" (in lack of a better word) to me, the only thing that actually makes me think this could be only half of the album is the fact that the physical edition comes with a 2xLP - isn't that too many vinyl sides for a 37 minute album?
it's two 10" LPs, so 37 minutes is fitting.

and yeah, i'm just going to retract my last few posts. i guess it is kind of ridiculous there would be more. just some wishful thinking on my part, i guess.

anyway, giving it a first listen now.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 07:08 PM   #64
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Is it not two 10"s though?

edit: fuck u supercreep
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 07:14 PM   #65
washer
bad moon rising

washer cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard sucka
Oh, didn't see that, thanks. Now I definitely don't believe there will be a second part.
washer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 07:14 PM   #66
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by canabero
Definitely Radiohead is dead for me Since In Rainbows i hate these new style of melodic electronic songs for girls, it's a shame i loved this band... and please don't compare this whit Amnesiac, Amnesiac had a very psychodelic style that tooked you in trance, not comporable whit Kings of the limbs that is just a soft album.

"Melodic electronic songs for girls". That's kind of funny, but i don't see how it is accurate. I sort of liked "Lotus Flowers" (the song, i think the video is awful), "Bloom" is a nice track, "Morning Mr. Magpie" really convinced me to stop listening to this album in my computer's speakers, it really reminded me of some elements that i like on "Amnesiac" especially (ha!), and i thought it'd be a good idea to devote it some time to give it a proper attentive listen on my headphones, which i plan to do later tonight. I guess if i end up liking this record, that might just mean i'm actually a girl, albeit trapped in the body of a hairy man.
Old 02.18.2011, 07:18 PM   #67
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
are people liking the production on this? i can't say i'm a fan...

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 07:33 PM   #68
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
are people liking the production on this? i can't say i'm a fan...

Nigel Godrich is again responsible for it, as he has been for the longest part of Radiohead's career. I expect that his involvement would mean the album is full of elements instantly recognizable as part of Radiohead's music, i've liked his work in the past, more so on "OK Computer" and "Kid A", also on "Amnesiac", but my appreciation of those has had more to do with the music itself, i mean all elements of the songs, including both lyrics and performance in addition to the producer's work. I expect a work well done by him in this new album, unless he somehow has been losing his craft. Innovation in that expect is hardly expected, from my point of view, so i can kind of see why that would bug someone.

Kinda waiting for others' opinions to have some idea how it actually turned out this time. People who have actually listened to the record might think i'm full of bullshit.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth