Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page You Can Buy Ian Curtis' Kitchen Table on Ebay
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.09.2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190959624297
May the 18th 1980 Ian Curtis the singer of Joy Division took his own life in the Kitchen of the house he lived in with his wife Debbie at 77 Barton Street.

Debbie Curtis then sold the house and many of its contents to a neighbour Dorothy Smith who then ran it as a B and B.

In 1996 the table was passed to Dorothy's Daughter Vicky Morgan when she got married and set up home in Macclesfield.

In December 2005 the Morgan's were redecorating and felt that the table no longer fitted in with their own home. They offered the table back to the family and contacted them via Marco of Joy Division Central.

With the filming of Control taking place in Barton Street and Natalie Curtis arranging the props the table was offered but was declined.

Natalie Curtis, Ian and Debbie's daughter was then going to take the table for her own flat but in the end decided to have one of her mums instead which belonged to her Grandmother.

At that point it went on Ebay and I travelled to Macclesfield after winning the bid.

Control then went on general release and the Legend Grew.

Included with the Table are confirmation of authenticity from Natalie Curtis, Debbie Curtis, Marco from Joy Division Central and Vicky Morgan. Also there is a four page print from a web site with pics taken inside 77 Barton Street when it was a B and B and a picture of Dorothy Smith.

The Measurements are:-

75 cm Wide
98 cm Long
76 cm Tall
Extend Flaps 28 cm each.

I easily got this table into my car, which if you have a 5 door car with seats that go down anyone else with a reasonable size car should do also.

It can be shipped abroad, but the bidder must arrange packing etc and cost themselves as I cant be arsed.

The Table is in my office but have used the original listing pic.

Clearly this table is a unique item and I have put a reserve on the Table which I think reflects its true worth.

If it doesn't sell I will merely keep it.

Bid with Confidence, any questions just ask.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
How much!!!
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2013, 04:31 AM   #3
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Hee hee. It says "extend flaps". That sounds rude. Hee hee.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth