Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.30.2010, 02:49 AM   #3381
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, like 7 or 8 of 'em are WiiWare titles. Most of 'em aren't. All the games I listed are exclusive to the Wii, though (except Okami and Phantom Brave).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 02:55 AM   #3382
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I know they'd have to downgrade the graphics a bit, but I wouldn't mind whatsoever. I'm still impressed by how beautiful RE4 was! Ha... I swear I already feel like a dinosaur, man.

But yeah, peep that Lost in Shadow trailer. I think you'll like the look of that one. Thanks again for the heads up, chairman.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 02:57 AM   #3383
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Coming soon!: La Mulana, the new Zelda, Dragon Quest X (which will be the best game of the system), Xenoblade, Radirgy Noa, Massive, and if that new Tales game comes out in America... Pikmin 3...

I just bricked. Long live Nintendo. Death 2 Black Ops.
Old 11.30.2010, 03:00 AM   #3384
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Sonofabitch...

Old 11.30.2010, 07:47 AM   #3385
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
Cave Story. Just got through the Sand Zone. I don't think I'll be doing/playing anything else until this is over.

crap man. I DLed it but I want some time to PLAY it for gods sake!!!!

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 08:31 AM   #3386
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I've been playing Zelda II for the past 3 nights. I honestly love this game more than most people. It was my first Zelda game. Got it right when it came out. ANyway, I've still never actually beat it. Now I'm stuck on the Island Palace. I can make it to the boss, knock him off his horse, but by then I'm usually pretty weak. Generally the trek TO the Island Palace and then all the f'ing red and blue knights within lower my life way too much by the time I get to the boss. Sigh.
Old 11.30.2010, 04:01 PM   #3387
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
this is for my girlfriend for X-Mas; even though it goes for $50-60 in stores, it's on Amazon.com now, brand new, for $21!!!!! So, if you have a Wii, this is a no-brainer. It's a lengthy shooter that's fun as hell. I am going to go out on a limb and say it's likely the best Wii-exclusive game ever, next to MadWorld!! Please pick it up. Treasure needs all the money it can get.

I loved Sin and Punishment 2. How does the first one hold up? I'm thinking about downloading it.

If you ever get a ps3, check out vanquish and bayonetta; two games made by the same people that made madworld, probably one of the coolest developers going right now.
Old 11.30.2010, 04:14 PM   #3388
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
graphics are over-rated.
Old 11.30.2010, 07:42 PM   #3389
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ man....for the gamer that you are....think you can appreciate the accomplishments of a visually superior game? I know 16bit is yer thing.....but still...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 07:44 PM   #3390
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
and as for zelda 2.....sidescrolling bothered me way too much for me to play it.
Old 11.30.2010, 07:45 PM   #3391
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
^ Nice! Which one?

Still playing ...

umped back on the super metroid.
Old 11.30.2010, 07:52 PM   #3392
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy

its ok but the storyline is totaly nuts and there are so many cut scenes its insane.
What system to do you play on? Do you play online? I'm on the 360.

I'm also playing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and Dead Space.

I just got a Kinect which works even better than I thought it would....it's a lot of fun and a nice change of pace.
Old 11.30.2010, 08:07 PM   #3393
noisereductions
invito al cielo

@Evolghost, I was just trolling yo. It worked. Though I do prefer 16bit etc. But I mean I was just kind of saying graphics should take a backseat to gameplay. So in a sense overrated. But said it in jest.

Most ppl hate Zelda II. I just can't. Too much history.
Old 11.30.2010, 08:15 PM   #3394
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
and as for zelda 2.....sidescrolling bothered me way too much for me to play it.

I don't want to make any accusations, but -- and correct me if I'm wrong, lovers-of-zelda-2-who-have-beaten-the-game-or-something -- I tend to think the people who like Zelda 2 never played very far into it. The game actually gets insanely difficult and unfair after a certain point -- it gets downright frustrating, tedious, and ridiculous. I think they had lots of good ideas with it, but it's much easier to appreciate if you don't play through the whole thing. If I played it for 30 minutes and put it away, I would've probably said, "Yeah! Genius game!" It's a game you REALLY have to invest yourself into, and even then, it's downright endless at times (so, in a way, it's kinda like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, but without all the fun!). I do prefer the game to the first Zelda, and I do wish they would've implemented some of the stuff for later Zeldas (er, besides the side scrolling CD-i Zeldas, haha)... but yeah.

As for graphics, 16-bit is my thing too, I'm not into GRAPHICS, perse, I'm into ARTISTRY. A game like ICO "looks" better thna just about any game out there, even if it "Technically" doesn't. Ico.. wow.. I am into artistry -- I'm also into atmosphere.

That sense of space... inertia.. the atmosphere brought on by the sheer artistry.. is way more appealing to me than a "Technically" "better-looking" game like Halo, which is just really really shiny.

To be honest, I think Rez is probably the best "looking" game ever..

The game is really just simple-as-hell lines and colors. To see it in motion is truely a thing of beauty, though.. seeing the colors exploding from all sides.. constantly flying into colors blowing up in your face.. my god.

On the other hand, a new-gen game like MIRRORS' EDGE is amazing-looking and well-made as far as its art design goes. And this is game that simply could not have been made before..

That game is going to take anyone's breath away. But, again, it's not all about polygon-pushing -- though POWER does help too. ODIN SPHERE is one great looking game -- possibly the best looking ps2 game ever, but...

....this boss KILLS your PS2. Sadly enough, the game is TOO good looking, everything is TOO detailed (this game was made by 5 people; all the art is hand drawn!)... it slows your PS2 way the fuck down.

TREASURE used this technique, actually, in Ikaruga, Gradius V, and Sin and Punishment... HUGE explosions that slow your game system down to a halt... I am pretty sure they did this on purpose, since it always happens at boss fights and shit... "hey, let's make this part SO FUCKING EPIC that it SLOWS YOUR POWERFUL SYSTEM WAY THE FUCK DOWN."

...So, yes, graphics are "overrated" -- I'd never buy a system, or a game, just cuz of the "WHOA GRAPHIX!!!!!!!!" -- but when you think of how AMAZING Super Metroid (and countless other 16-bit games) still look... why is that? Because back then, they COULDN'T get "good graphics", so they had to make their graphics stand out in another way. Better example: Yoshi's Island (which is so detailed it plays painfully slowly on my Dreamcast!!!!!). Those detailed backgrounds and shit.. you don't usually see things like that nowadays, in games where every war torn enivoronment looks the same.. identical corridors.. etc.

Anyway, the best kind of game is the one that combines real, AMAZING artistry... with the power of the system to really push that design... look at a game like Killer7 or MadWorld... those are new-ish games that couldn't have existed in the 16bit days, and they really stand out to me as simply beautiful games, with their own individual styles... the graphics aren't going to blow away someone spoiled by Gears of War, but I think in their cases, everything comes together -- speed, atmosphere, artistry, POWER... to make a truly compelling looking game.

..but yeah, ultimately, there's a reason people still play PONG. Graphics really are the least important part of a game. But they help! I mean, there are so many awesome PS1 games -- and to a lesser extent, N64 games -- but you don't see a lot of people still playing some of those games, compared to how many people play Genesis/SNES/NES games still. Why is that? Cuz PS1 and N64 games are usually FUCKING UGLY! God, some of those PS1 games with the big blocky polygons... Bubsy 3D and shit.. ugh... and N64.. man, they should've just called it Fog64... every N64 game takes place in San Fransisco, I guess.. haha......... but, again, that's a good example of what I was saying: so many early 64/PSX games had artistry that took a backseat to the 3D design and whatever. I guess they were hoping the "3D Man" would fix the graphics by the time the games came out, haha. (for the record, by the end of 64/PSX's life, there were plenty of amazing looking games. Like Internal Section, Slap Happy Rhythm Busters, Guilty Gear, and FFIX for the PS1, and Sin/PUnishment, Jet Force Gemini, Majora's Mask, and .. sigh .. PERFECT DARK for the 64. Remember how the 64 needed that "8mb Expansion Pak" just to play some of those later games though?! hah..)

Old 11.30.2010, 08:22 PM   #3395
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Check out this sidescrolling Zelda!:

Old 11.30.2010, 08:23 PM   #3396
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Is it just me.. it probably is.. but the graphics look fucking great in these games!

well...

HMM.

Old 11.30.2010, 08:26 PM   #3397
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
^^phillips cd-i zelda!!!

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 08:26 PM   #3398
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

and, finally, as a bonus.. neat Zelda art!:

Old 11.30.2010, 08:28 PM   #3399
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Old 11.30.2010, 08:29 PM   #3400
noisereductions
invito al cielo

@Adam, I understand what yr saying about Zelda II. It does get way fucking hard about halfway thru. But the point is regardless how much time I put into it, I played it (badly) so much when I was young that it has a special feeling to me. The music and the sound effects and the NPC's are just so special to me. In a way more special (personally) than the first Zelda. Now of course the first is a way better game and I love it. Just saying, I enjoy the 2nd more than most.

BTW theres' s a great article on HG101 about the CD-i Zelda's. Have you read it yet?
120160167168169 170 171172173180220270 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth