Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What the fuck is up with all these tornados?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.23.2011, 02:12 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Shit.

photos from Joplin

Its getting out of hand, especially combined with all this flooding..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Adolfo
children of satan

Adolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's asses
PAY-FUCKING-BACK. Mother Nature is a bitch.
Adolfo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 02:18 PM   #3
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
where were you in 1999?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 02:19 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolfo
PAY-FUCKING-BACK. Mother Nature is a bitch.
I was thinking something more like..

"Unfortunately y'all happen to live in a bad place in terms of destructive weather and geography patterns which operate on a scale much different then your own human time frame, have y'all considered moving?"

But on the real, its quite a shame, and

God Bless the Souls of those who Passed

Old 05.23.2011, 02:57 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnikpasswordforgetter
pray harder

while I was in fact dropping a bit of humor to lighten the mood, that didn't mean you had to be so rudely insensitive to the one serious sentence I posted there in regards to praying for the departed. Have you no common decency? Oh wait, are folks going to throw that holocaust thread back in my face too? Go ahead, I continue to stand by my point precisely because of my respect for those who suffer or die in any situation or circumstances. Or does anyone remember my Iowa ethanol blunder? True, I was a bit mercurial then, but no body in fact died, it was a business catastrophe if anything, and it wasn't a matter of the divine justice as the way I framed my joke about it, but that human beings happen to build large settlements in some of the worst places geographically precisely because the scale we and the Earth operate on are very different. If folks like me attribute this gap to God that is our business, but even the nihilist could admit that things like weather and geology patterns clearly operate on different scales which at times collide with humans in devastating ways. Isn't that the moral of Pompeii in the first place or is it just to revel in the destruction and loss?

I may at times be pompous and an opinionated jack ass like Charles Winchester the Third here but one thing I am never is disrespectful or irreverent to the suffering and the dead.

Again then, God Have Mercy on the Souls of those who passed..

Old 05.23.2011, 03:01 PM   #6
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
u r mad?
Old 05.23.2011, 03:05 PM   #7
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
I hate seeing people suffer...

But generally speaking people in the affected regions couldn't give two shits about global warming. Hopefully this shit will open their eyes.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 03:10 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
I hate seeing people suffer...

But generally speaking people in the affected regions couldn't give two shits about global warming. Hopefully this shit will open their eyes.

Why does it have to be global warming? That is as ideological as if I just said something silly like "God wanted those people to suffer for their sins" which is blatantly stupid, nonsensical and glib.

Global warming aside, there will always be catastrophic weather and geologic events, we can only learn to readjust. True, there seems to be a significant warming patter and true, even the most common sense suggests that fossil fuels are related, and more importantly this warming may in fact increase the frequency and intensity of existing weather patterns.
This rolls back around to the initial unfortunate business about we humans making poor settlement habits based on our limited understanding of the longer time scale of the Earth and its forces. From the Earth's or God(s) [whichever your preference] it is really nothing personal.. But suffering is suffering regardless of its point of origin, and that is the drag..

Like Jimi said.."what a draaagg.. its ok though, nothing but existing."

Old 05.23.2011, 03:39 PM   #9
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Why does it have to be global warming?

Because global warming adds fuel to the fire in regards to these types of natural disasters. The area around the Mississippi river is only going to get worse and worse as time goes on. Praying ain't gonna do shit.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Out of curiosity, do you respect the living? Only they're not so much alive as corpse-in-waiting (or material-in-flux, if you prefer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 04:03 PM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
No, it's a really simple question: do you respect the living? The answer is yes. The answer is 'yes, but that doesn't mean I agree with your ridiculous caprice 'religion''. The answer is also 'yes, of course I do, I'm just being a cunt, the same as you'.

But of course you realise that answering that question honestly ruins the game of being a cunt to other people, and thus the prickery unravels, etc etc.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 05.23.2011, 04:09 PM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

That sounds like sophistry to me. I heard those Sophists were also vegetarians. And you know who else was a vegetarian? Bono. That's who.

Or: what would a meaningful description look like?

Quote:
Old 05.23.2011, 04:15 PM   #13
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I can't be bothered to read the whole thread so could somebody tell me: was it god with the tornadoes?

(And Bono's dead?)
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 04:17 PM   #14
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
That was harsh. I don't even know who you are.
Old 05.23.2011, 04:30 PM   #15
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
What a day.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 04:42 PM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
(And Bono's dead?)
sunday windy sunday.

Old 05.23.2011, 06:25 PM   #17
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Old 05.23.2011, 06:41 PM   #18
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
severe storms rollin thru my area right now, just smoked a bowl while hearing the wind come in. wicked.

cya
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 07:38 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I can't be bothered to read the whole thread so could somebody tell me: was it god with the tornadoes?

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Out of curiosity, do you respect the living? Only they're not so much alive as corpse-in-waiting (or material-in-flux, if you prefer).
That's really the thing with 'respect for the dead' because the dead are dead or such, but there are plenty of living folks who will mourn their loss and who may also have been injured to the point of near death, and further the circumstances which caused the loss were also destructive to peoples livelihoods and homes so those who aren't dead have no where really to lick their wounds. Hence, when you grieve for tragedies involving the dead, it is as much about the living as anything, and also out of respect for loss, because whether the dead care or not is irrelevant to the fact that their deaths should mean something to we the living..

by the way, the count is up to 116, God Bless Those Souls Which have Passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnikpasswordforgetter
unless suchfriends shows up with his guitar and opens their hearts with his warm island rythms

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kinnikpasswordforgetter again.

Old 05.24.2011, 03:29 AM   #20
Pookie
invito al cielo

New International Version
Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them--do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem?
New Living Translation
And what about the eighteen people who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them? Were they the worst sinners in Jerusalem?
English Standard Version
Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem?
New American Standard Bible
"Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem?
International Standard Version
What about those eighteen people who were killed when the tower at Siloam fell on them? Do you think they were worse offenders than all the other people living in Jerusalem?
GOD'S WORD® Translation
What about those 18 people who died when the tower at Siloam fell on them? Do you think that they were more sinful than other people living in Jerusalem?
King James Bible
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
American King James Version
Or those eighteen, on whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelled in Jerusalem?
American Standard Version
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them, think ye that they were offenders above all the men that dwell in Jerusalem?
Bible in Basic English
Or those eighteen men who were crushed by the fall of the tower of Siloam, were they worse than all the other men living in Jerusalem?
Douay-Rheims Bible
Or those eighteen upon whom the tower fell in Siloe, and slew them: think you, that they also were debtors above all the men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Darby Bible Translation
Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, think ye that they were debtors beyond all the men who dwell in Jerusalem?
English Revised Version
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them, think ye that they were offenders above all the men that dwell in Jerusalem?
Webster's Bible Translation
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Weymouth New Testament
Or those eighteen on whom the tower at Siloam fell, do you suppose they had failed in their duty more than all the rest of the people who live in Jerusalem?
World English Bible
Or those eighteen, on whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them; do you think that they were worse offenders than all the men who dwell in Jerusalem?
Young's Literal Translation
'Or those eighteen, on whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them; think ye that these became debtors beyond all men who are dwelling in Jerusalem?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth