Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Echo & the Bunnymen & Bauhaus Markthalle, Hamburg 11.81

Echo & The Bunnymen
30.11.1981 Markthalle Hamburg, together with Bauhaus

Echo & The Bunnymen - Villier's Terrace

Bauhaus - She's in parties

http://not-rock-on.blogspot.com/2005_03_01_archive.html

Thanks to the unknown person that posted the link to my blog, but he picked the wrong post... These are just photos I made then and two songs by the bands, as this was one of my first posts and I was just trying things out.
Meanwhile there are several concerts posted on my blog, all dl links should be working. If not, just leave a comment in the newest post.

Just start from the link below and crawl through the archive (mainly early 80s german and international New Wave, essential compilations and live recordings!

Several german New Wave bands in Munich 1982
http://not-rock-on.blogspot.com/2007...tage-1982.html

Others : several John Cale, Jonathan Richman, Birthday Party, Abwärts, Violent Femmes, The Smiths, Bernd Begemann, Marc Almond, and more to come!

CU there!
cooljerk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2007, 01:19 PM   #802
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
Can - Horrortrip In the Paperhouse boot
02-03-1972

http://lix.in/fe87f2

Password is "Can".
Bicorn Halfelven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2007, 12:58 PM   #803
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I've been lookin for this album for a long time. Fans of The Shaggs might be interested
http://www.badongo.com/file/3268580

the first recording featuring the surviving members of Nirvana is part of a remarkable CD featuring an 11-year-old singer-songwriter.
Known as one of Kurt Cobain's favorite bands, The Stinky Puffs is led by Simon Fair Timony, step-son of legendary cult musician Jad Fair. The group's nine-track EP, A Little Tiny Smelly Bit Of The Stinky Puffs, includes four songs recorded with Nirvana's bassist and drummer, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl, at a festival last July in Olympia, Wash.
The Stinky Puffs, which also features Cody Linn Ranaldo, son of Sonic Youth guitarist Lee Ranaldo, is something of a family affair. The disc, which includes a guest appearance by Jad Fair, is being released through a company run in part by Simon's mother, Sheena Fair, who got her start working with Ralph Records, home of progressive weirdos The Residents.
Young Simon met Cobain after sending him a copy of his first single, released four years ago.
They became friends after Cobain wrote, in the liner notes to Nirvana's Incesticide, that receiving the record was one of his most rewarding experiences.
Cobain even agreed to record with the Stinky Puffs, a fact alluded to on the new CD's standout track, I'll Love You Anyway.
The startlingly honest song, which careens between anger and forgiveness, is dedicated to Cobain.
"When I was in Cathy's class my friend who I loved who was in a band in Seattle killed himself," Simon explains matter-of-factly in a note about the song.
"I loved him very much and I couldn't do anything to bring him back and I felt kind of like I should have written him more notes or gave him some more of my drawings or anything to think about something else that day. Then I wished he called to at least say goodbye, then I would have a chance to change his mind but now I know that was dumb to think that."
If that sounds like an impossibly mature conclusion for an 11-year-old, it's nothing compared to Simon's feelings about his father, who recently left the family.
"Just when I first started Hudson School my step-dad who I started the Stinky Puffs with said he was going to Maryland for a few days," he writes, "but then he never came home and then we found out he moved all his stuff out without telling us ... (my mom) said the most important thing was that it wasn't my fault and I told her, duh."
Track Listing -
Stinky Puffs:

Buddies Aren't Butts
Menendez' Killed Their Parents
I'll Love You Anyway
I Am Gross!/No You're Not!
Pizza Break
Track Listing -
Super Stinky Puffs:
Buddies Aren't Butts
I'll Love You Anyway

finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2007, 01:08 PM   #804
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
I've been lookin for this album for a long time. Fans of The Shaggs might be interested
http://www.badongo.com/file/3268580

the first recording featuring the surviving members of Nirvana is part of a remarkable CD featuring an 11-year-old singer-songwriter.

Known as one of Kurt Cobain's favorite bands, The Stinky Puffs is led by Simon Fair Timony, step-son of legendary cult musician Jad Fair. The group's nine-track EP, A Little Tiny Smelly Bit Of The Stinky Puffs, includes four songs recorded with Nirvana's bassist and drummer, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl, at a festival last July in Olympia, Wash.
The Stinky Puffs, which also features Cody Linn Ranaldo, son of Sonic Youth guitarist Lee Ranaldo, is something of a family affair. The disc, which includes a guest appearance by Jad Fair, is being released through a company run in part by Simon's mother, Sheena Fair, who got her start working with Ralph Records, home of progressive weirdos The Residents.
Young Simon met Cobain after sending him a copy of his first single, released four years ago.
They became friends after Cobain wrote, in the liner notes to Nirvana's Incesticide, that receiving the record was one of his most rewarding experiences.
Cobain even agreed to record with the Stinky Puffs, a fact alluded to on the new CD's standout track, I'll Love You Anyway.
The startlingly honest song, which careens between anger and forgiveness, is dedicated to Cobain.
"When I was in Cathy's class my friend who I loved who was in a band in Seattle killed himself," Simon explains matter-of-factly in a note about the song.
"I loved him very much and I couldn't do anything to bring him back and I felt kind of like I should have written him more notes or gave him some more of my drawings or anything to think about something else that day. Then I wished he called to at least say goodbye, then I would have a chance to change his mind but now I know that was dumb to think that."
If that sounds like an impossibly mature conclusion for an 11-year-old, it's nothing compared to Simon's feelings about his father, who recently left the family.
"Just when I first started Hudson School my step-dad who I started the Stinky Puffs with said he was going to Maryland for a few days," he writes, "but then he never came home and then we found out he moved all his stuff out without telling us ... (my mom) said the most important thing was that it wasn't my fault and I told her, duh."

Track Listing -

Stinky Puffs:

Buddies Aren't Butts

I'll Love You Anyway
I Am Gross!/No You're Not!
Pizza Break

Track Listing -

Super Stinky Puffs:
Buddies Aren't Butts

I'll Love You Anyway

This is fabulous... thank you.
Old 06.01.2007, 03:29 PM   #805
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicorn Halfelven
[/center]
This is fabulous... thank you.

Yes indeed, Thank you for this.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 11:56 AM   #806
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Blonde Redhead live @ La Route Du Rock 2004
1-in particular
2-anticipation
3-messenger
4-misery is a butterfly
I think this is just a partial broadcast of their set, but it's all i
ever found.
Surely not their best performance, but it's a nice vid (one of the very
few with a decent quality).
splitted in 3 .rar files, dl all of 'em, put them in the same folder
and extract the first one, ir should extract all the others
automatically.
http://www.badongo.com/file/3307974
http://www.badongo.com/file/3308516
http://www.badongo.com/file/3309235

total: around 250 mb .avi file,22 minutes.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 01:17 PM   #807
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
badongo.com

"You have exceeded your Download Quota!"
"Non-Members are allowed to download a maximum of 100 MB (7:00-12:00), 800MB (12:00-19:00), 200MB (19:00-7:00) every hour and Free Members are allowed to download a maximum of 125 MB (7:00-12:00), 1000 MB (12:00-19:00), 250 MB (19:00-7:00) every hour"

Fuck...i didn't know about that:|
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 03:26 PM   #808
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei
badongo.com

"You have exceeded your Download Quota!"
"Non-Members are allowed to download a maximum of 100 MB (7:00-12:00), 800MB (12:00-19:00), 200MB (19:00-7:00) every hour and Free Members are allowed to download a maximum of 125 MB (7:00-12:00), 1000 MB (12:00-19:00), 250 MB (19:00-7:00) every hour"

Fuck...i didn't know about that:|

Yeah, it's a bitch.
Old 06.04.2007, 03:28 PM   #809
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Say, anybody have any live Boris stuff?

I've been having trouble finding anything.
Old 06.04.2007, 04:32 PM   #810
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I know badongo can give some problems, but it's just a question of patience , I always prefere badongo coz the files last much longer than on sendspace, and reupping is a bitch .
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 06:32 PM   #811
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't know badongo has a download limit nowadays... sucks. But registering is still free, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicorn Halfelven
Say, anybody have any live Boris stuff?

I've been having trouble finding anything.

I recorded them last year in holland and if you want I'll upload it here, but maybe you already have it because I've probably uploaded it at least twice on this board.

rotterdam, netherlands
april 29 2006

setlist
Feedbacker
The Evilone Which Sobs
Just Abandoned Myself
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 09:40 AM   #812
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd love it...

I've scoured the backpages of this and other threads and haven't seen it (maybe I just missed it).

...and yeah, Badongo registration is still free.
Old 06.06.2007, 09:09 AM   #813
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Uploading it again isn't a problem. It's just that I didn't want to re-upload something you already have or nobody's interested in.

Anyway, here it is again:
Boris - 29-04-2006 @ WORM, Rotterdam, NL
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vwsvkm
I used sendspace because it came out just over 100mb and then badongo gets annoying.

Sounds pretty good if I may say so, the only real flaw being that I turned the volume down by almost half(!) after about 7 minutes... because just the intro was already so loud that I wanted to avoid distortion/overload by the time they were really taking off. Now if only the human ear had a similar volume button (I don't like using earplugs); I see a nice task for human evolution there. Luckily the venue they're playing on the next tour usually doesn't crank it up as much.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 12:46 PM   #814
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

I too, had my eardrums blown out by Boris last year. Then Sunn came out after them and took the eardrum shreds that were left and pissed on them.

I think my ears are still ringing...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Old 06.07.2007, 02:47 PM   #815
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
"Right, the next one that walks across the stage gets a clout around the head."

Sorry I haven't uploaded anything for a while. A very good 1986 gig from The Fall is due to land tonight; ETA around about an hour or so.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2007, 04:02 PM   #816
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
The Fall

Huddersfield, 19th November 1986

Dktr Faustus
Hot Aftershave Bop
Gut of the Quantifier
Living Too Late
US 80's - 90's
Gross Chapel - GB Grenadiers
Mr Pharmacist
L.A.
Hey! Luciani
Shoulder Pads
Guest Informant
Terry Waite Sez

http://www.badongo.com/file/3344387

Old 06.07.2007, 08:29 PM   #817
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
some might enjoy this:

The Meat Puppets Live Repository

I've always loved seeing Meat Puppets shows. I can't really explain what made their live shows special. It's kind of like describing parenthood to non-parents. You either get it, or you don't. Hopefully, this site will help the uninitiated bridge that gap and give the rest of us a place to remind ourselves how good it can be. I'm trying to collect live shows here for your enjoyment. I'd like to say that the sparse and boring web-pages are because I'm trying to make everyting lynx-friendly, but it probably has more to do with my being lazy. I'll try to add shows as they become available to me.
Only the Mardi Gras Club was at 128kbps. The rest are at 192kbps or 256kbps.
So far we've got:
Meat Puppets - The Mardi Gras Club, Phoenix - 30 June, 1981
Meat Puppets - Mad Gardens, Phoenix - 26 March 1983 (added 8/13/2004)
Meat Puppets - Whiskers, Phoenix - 19 August, 1983 (added 6/16/2004)
Meat Puppets - 688 Club, Atlanta, GA 14 May, 1985
Meat Puppets - Safari Sams - Huntington Beach, CA - 3 October 1985
Meat Puppets - Snap! KCRW - Santa Monica, CA 16 January, 1986 (added 3/3/2006)
Meat Puppets - The Roxy, Los Angeles - 17 August, 1986
Meat Puppets - Snap! KCRW - Santa Monica, CA 1 September, 1988 (added 12/24/2006)
Meat Puppets - The Warfield Theater, San Francisco - 7 August, 1991
Meat Puppets - Velvet Slego, Rimini, Italy - 21 February, 1992
Meat Puppets - Slims, San Franciscos, CA - 18 April, 1993
Meat Puppets - Radio Meat! WBAI Radio, NYC - April 1994
Meat Puppets - The Fillmore, San Francisco - October 29, 1994
Meat Puppets - The Roxy, Los Angeles, CA - 5 May, 1995
Meat Puppets - Hampton, VA - 26 November, 1995 (added 28 Jan 2006)
Curt Kirkwood - Stubbs BBQ - Austin, TX 5 May, 2001
Curt Kirkwood - Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco, CA - 2 October, 2001
Curt Kirkwood - Mercury Lounge, New York, NY - 1 November, 2001
Curt Kirkwood - Lizard Lounge, Cambridge, MA - 2 November, 2001
Curt Kirkwood - Maxwell's, Hoboken, NJ - 4 November, 2001
Eyes Adrift - Slims, San Francisco, CA - 28 January, 2002
Eyes Adrift - Nita's, Phoenix, AZ - 02 February, 2002
Volcano (added 11/11/2006)
Curt Kirkwood - KXCI Interview, 12 October, 2005 (added 11/19/2005)
Curt Kirkwood - Hemlock Tavern, San Francisco - 12 December 2005 (added 12/23/2005)

http://www.wohlers.org/puppets/
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 05:11 PM   #818
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

A Tom Waits show has been posted at Live Bootleg: http://live-bootleg.blogspot.com/

Iggy and the Stooges and The Police have just been put there too.

Old 06.11.2007, 01:39 AM   #819
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie

Anyway, here it is again:
Boris - 29-04-2006 @ WORM, Rotterdam, NL
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vwsvkm
I used sendspace because it came out just over 100mb and then badongo gets annoying.

this show rules, especially 'just abandoned myself'.

i have boris' 1995 demo, the only thing is that i found it in mp3 form and one of the songs is cut 5 seconds in.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2007, 10:17 AM   #820
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
martin rev and alan vega. suicide live in hamburg 1978.

martin rev and alan vega formed suicide in 1971. they obviously found their inspiration in the likes of velvet underground and silver apple, but even more obviously they influenced and imbued the new and upcoming generations of psychedelic punks in music, style and attitude: wire, television, the 39 clocks, the jesus and marychain, deutsch-amerikanische freundschaft, soft cell, spacemen 3 and many more of course. martin rev and alan vega still seem to walk this earth.

12 days after their legendary riot gig in brussels suicide visited hamburg on the 28th of june 1978 for a very short concert. only four tracks of an audience recording seem to have survived throughout all those years: here is a second generation copy of that tape.

you may listen to adorable versions of
  • rocket usa
  • cheree
  • harlem
  • 96 tears
in rather airless sound quality.

(21 and a half minutes: mp3 with 224 kbps)
download with mediafire
download with uploadingit

http://spurensicherung.blogspot.com/...cide-live.html
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
383940 41 4243445191141 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth