Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what's been your favourite album so far this year?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.08.2013, 10:18 PM   #121
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
kind of surprised to see Earth and Om so high on the list. Both are bands I have loved in the past but neither of those albums impressed me.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2013, 05:08 PM   #122
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
kind of surprised to see Earth and Om so high on the list. Both are bands I have loved in the past but neither of those albums impressed me.

One thing to consider, this list was voted on by the readers and staff of Brainwashed.com. Personally, I believe it's an improvement that there is nothing: Nurse With Wound, Legendary Pink Dot, Edward Ka-spel listed in the top 50. I remember in previous "best of" list NWW would have two albums in the top 20......but I also understand these groups are there bread and butter.

Haven't heard much of the new Om & Earth like I did the previous releases. This is the second time in the last four or five years that a Swans release ended up in the top spot and I have no doubt this one is probably deserving.

Acts Of The Year......was CAN really touring this year?

Two things the list provides that I truly enjoy: Overlooked Staff Picks and Worst Album

The Overlooked Staff Picks is something I will be looking up / listening to over the coming months. Not having a dog in the race, I do find it somewhat funny that a few here at SYG have posted about the Animal Collective release being left off some "best of" list and the Brainwashed folks have it on there "worst of" list : )

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2013, 04:33 AM   #123
Blood_Promise
little trouble girl

Blood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's asses
It's either The Seer or John Frusciante's - PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone.
Blood_Promise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2013, 02:56 PM   #124
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I really got obsessed with the Actress album "RIP"

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth