Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Help Me With Something
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.02.2006, 10:02 PM   #1
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going to California while SY are playing with Pearl Jam. I do not like Pearl Jam. My parents (and grandmother, who says I don't deserve anything else this summer because of our CA trip) say the only place I can see them is in SF with Pearl Suck.

Basically, help me convince them why I should see the yoof in Atlanta. I already have:

1. The tickets are EFFING TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS.
2. It's Sonic Youth, and they are my favorite band.
3. I told them that as SY's 25th year together, who knows if they'll tour next year. I'm not waiting.
4. I won't buy any merchandise or drinks/food on the way at at the venue or anywhere in Atlanta, instantly saving a crapload.
3. A hotel isn't needed. Saving money, again.

Any other reasons? Their arguments are cash, gas, and "Sonic Youth are stupid". I want to intellectually counter-act their argument and all I can think of is "stfu" and "the nineteenth is in basically three weeks stfu".

yes, i know am whiny and being kind of immature. i just want this so bad.
Old 06.02.2006, 10:04 PM   #2
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes you just gotta run away and join the circus.

Or buy your family tickets to the show and invite them into the pit.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 10:07 PM   #3
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
tell them you love them and that you'll stop smoking crack
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 10:07 PM   #4
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Tell them I will kick their asses if they don't let you go.
Old 06.02.2006, 10:10 PM   #5
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
"Sonic Youth are stupid".

That's stupid.

Just say use the analogy that this is like a muslim's trip to Mecca, you just have to go.

If they won't let you go, use this: "The jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 10:41 PM   #6
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Steal your sister's boyfriend, kill your parents and hit the road.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 11:31 PM   #7
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Just tell them how much they mean to you and that they will be the coolest parents ever to let you go!!!
Old 06.02.2006, 11:55 PM   #8
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Tell them their little princess deserves a little something; in a jokingly benign manner; of course.
Old 06.03.2006, 12:17 AM   #9
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
just take the pearl jam stop. ordinarily when those in authority have made up their mind on something they don't like to back down, even in the face of the most rational and legitimate of arguments -- caving in would mitigate their power. no one said you had to stick around to see pj (though i would if given the chance, as i happen to like them).

but if you really want to keep arguing, you could offer to pay as many of the necessary expenses as possible yourself.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2006, 01:19 AM   #10
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Just tell them how much they mean to you and that they will be the coolest parents ever to let you go!!!

Best advice so far.

$25 is a steal. I've paid $80 to see a band live. Tell them this is your Woodstock.
Old 06.03.2006, 12:23 PM   #11
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
no one said you had to stick around to see pj (though i would if given the chance, as i happen to like them).

i know i don't have to, but sticking around would be the easiest to fit into what we have planned the whole time we're there. i don't really want to.
Old 06.03.2006, 01:35 PM   #12
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
say even that you like pearl jam too...
Old 06.04.2006, 05:29 PM   #13
lizzarddd
bad moon rising

lizzarddd has tongues queuing up for a rim-festlizzarddd has tongues queuing up for a rim-festlizzarddd has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Dude, you're turning down a sonic youth concert just because pearl jam is playing there also?, are you kidding, if pearl jam comes out after them just leave before they do, im assuming that whoever suggested you go to this concert is paying for ticks right?, i went to the bamboozle festival up in newjersey just to see one band and i paid 100$ + gas money to go see HIM, you've just gotta be dedicated, but seriously, sonic youth is definatly worth going to that concert, hopefully im going to see SY up in Washington DC on the 16, dont know yet,
The concert will be great, even if pearl jams gonna be there. (its sonic youth, obviously its going to be great)
Eh, have fun.
lizzarddd is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2006, 05:43 PM   #14
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

DoubleNickels ain't too shabby
Yeah seriously, $25 is not bad. Plus it's SY, so just leave before Pearl Jam comes on stage.
Old 06.04.2006, 06:14 PM   #15
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
give them a pj record

SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 01:38 AM   #16
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
did you try any of these?
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 02:46 AM   #17
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
you can convince your parents with persistance..
if all fails.. go to the pearl jam show..
see the yoof..
leave before pearl jam kills your euphoria...

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth