Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What bands do you have connections to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.30.2008, 11:02 AM   #21
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I've got a friend who used to hang out with a bunch of horrible bands cause he used to be in a band and travelled Warped Tour, so without naming the bands, you can imagine the crap bands he knows.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 11:08 AM   #22
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
name dropping is one thing, but to devote a thread to it is tasteless.
agreed.

haha...as if being associated wih a band means anything.

IVE FUCKED COURTNEY LOVE AND EATIN SHIT FROM TOM SMITH"S WIENER AFTER HE SODOMIZED ONI FROM AFRIRAMPO!!!!

who cares....

I disagree, it just shows that band members are ordinary people (or at least some of them...).
Old 01.30.2008, 11:20 AM   #23
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
I disagree, it just shows that band members are ordinary people (or at least some of them...).

Good point. It also shows that not everyone who posts on here leads the same lifestyle or frequents the same type of people. It didn't come across to me like the thread-starter was showing off that he knows famous people, just chatting about people who play in bands and you might have some sort of connection to because of mutual aquaintances, friends etc. It is only normal if you are an outgoing person who happens to go to gigs or else. Tastelss threads? Just look around the majority of those spawned everyday on the Sonic Gossip section, there are plenty to help yourself to.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 11:30 AM   #24
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
once in a lifetime apology: although I personally find discussing private life stuff (of other people) poor-form on the internet, many of my own posts are intentionally made in bad taste.

my opinions about CelebREALITY postings do not reflect on my overall opinion of any poster in this thread. I'm sorry if my response made it seem as if I thought Inhuman was tasteless. I do not believe that to be the case.

anyways, my bad for coming into this sub_forum in the first place. I've learned my lesson.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 11:44 AM   #25
sarramkrop

Anyway, let's get back on topic, now.

Spacemen 3 (Friend who shared flat with Diamanda Galas also went out with one of them, back in the day)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 11:47 AM   #26
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
here, I'll even play along with yous guys.

my best friend fucked a babe in toyland. don't judge him, he was high on junk.
Old 01.30.2008, 11:56 AM   #27
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
The Chariot spent the night at my friend's house and we've hung out everytime they're in MN. Nice dudes.

The Spill Canvas. Same deal. Always welcome to stay at someone's house here in Willmar and everyone's cool with them.

Yeah. Just crappy emo/hardcore bands.
Old 01.30.2008, 11:57 AM   #28
sarramkrop

Quote:
here, I'll even play along with yous guys.

my best friend fucked a babe in toyland. don't judge him, he was high on junk.

Baby, I think you've told us that on another thread a while ago.

You can only have three emoticons per post, sorry.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 11:58 AM   #29
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Hood - I spent a day with them - I showed them around the city when they played on a local festival here in 2005. I was in the organisation crew, sort of. The bass player Richard was super nice, the drummer was grumpy and annoying.

Max Tundra, M83 - the same reason. Max Tundra was weird but a very funny dude. M83 were ... French

I changed a couple of e-mails with Merja from Islaja after their concert in my town too. I didn't sleep with her, unfortunately, though.

Also, I spoke to Stuart Braitwaithe from Mogwai once, but that's hardly a connection.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 12:33 PM   #30
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Baby, I think you've told us that on another thread a while ago. [ed: emoticons deleted to make room for my own]

You can only have three emoticons per post, sorry.

no way.

I only asked clone if he knew her.

I don't recall mentioning that they did the nasty while hopped up on smack.

[extra emoticon]

then again, maybe I did....I'm such a fucking tasteless bastard, I just might have.

ok, I'll try a new one.

once, after a Pigface show, I sat and listened to Chris Connelly ask some poor girl for a sample of her blood. he explained that it was ok, because he was from the Red Cross.

I was this close to the ACTION: |---|
Old 01.30.2008, 12:53 PM   #31
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Max Tundra, M83 - the same reason. Max Tundra was weird but a very funny dude. M83 were ... French

Max Tundra tried to pull my laptopper's then-girlfriend. I acted like a total cunt towards him on a separate occasion.

Fiest I made a very, very poor attempt to pull about 6 years ago.

I've been for drinks with a few semi-famous bands, I know quite a few more. Local bands, nothing any of you'd be excited with.

Stuff, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 12:59 PM   #32
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i emailed with mike watt for i bit
my cousin writes movies
my moms friend used to be the lawyer of pete townsend and paul mccartney

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 01:12 PM   #33
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Aids Wolf- somewhat friends with Chloe, Yannick and their guitarist (I don't know his name). Talked to them at quite a few shows.
Smoke Judo (ottawa local band)-friends with the guitarist
Prometheus (some shitty metal band)- my brother is a drinking buddy of the bassist
Fail-Safe (80's montreal hardcore band-apparently considered pre-emo)-my uncle was their guitarist
Arcade Fire-my former babysitter (Inhuman's pre mentioned brother) is a friend of the drummer
Alanis Morrisette-my dad worked with her uncle

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 01:33 PM   #34
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'm buds with genghis khan!

genghis kahn or *tron. if its tron, i just heard them yesterday and was infuriated when i realized that the sound like everything i had envisoned for my brother and i's new band, idm, no wave, synth, infused grindcore. i was uber pissed.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 01:35 PM   #35
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
A decent sized number. It would definitely sound like tasteless namedropping, which I have done more than enough of in my life.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 01:37 PM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I post on the same messageboard as one of Salamander. Ladies, prepare to drop you panties in awe of my massive celebrity-by-proxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 01:41 PM   #37
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I post on the same messageboard as one of Salamander. Ladies, prepare to drop you panties in awe of my massive celebrity-by-proxy.

random videogame_person#123172983, when asked if they played the game without clothes on:

(yet another tasteless repost on my part)
Old 01.30.2008, 01:46 PM   #38
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
One of the guitarists from Circa Survive (ick) is from my hometown and we used to play shows all the time with his old band. They were fucking awesome though.....great hardcore.
Old 01.30.2008, 01:52 PM   #39
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I know the members off dEUS en Millionaire personally, Belgium is a really small country.
Old 01.30.2008, 02:01 PM   #40
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
random videogame_person#123172983, when asked if they played the game without clothes on:

(yet another tasteless repost on my part)

Mind
Blown
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth