Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Who's a DJ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.17.2006, 05:13 AM   #41
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
My latest playlist, from today is here.

There's a link at the bottom to download it too.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 12:15 PM   #42
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Dead Air, do you play from your own collection, from the station's, both?

When I start my gig, it has to be from my own collection. The station doesn't have a library as such; each DJ brings in their own stuff for the show.
Old 12.17.2006, 03:41 PM   #43
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Dead Air, do you play from your own collection, from the station's, both?

When I start my gig, it has to be from my own collection. The station doesn't have a library as such; each DJ brings in their own stuff for the show.

Some of each, but the majority is stuff I bring in. I try to play one or two things from the station at least, and some times there are some amazing new releases (like the Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters this week.) But, I like to plan things out a bit from home, so inevitably that means gathering my own stuff together. And I have friends and artists and labels who send me stuff directly (increasingly so, and I don't feel like I'm ripping off the station, because I don't think it would get nearly as much play there if it weren't sent to me directly, I try to get multiples sent so I can add it there as well though.)

Lately, I get so many really cool bands and musicians who request to be friends with the Dead Air Fresheners on My Space, that I often download their tracks and burn them onto cds to play. I always hear people bitching about lame bands asking to be their friends just for publicity, but honestly that's only happened to me maybe two times compared to over a hundred who were totally amazing. It helps to have a band that is clearly non-commercial of course.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth