Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Favourite Einstuerzende Neubauten Album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.03.2008, 02:30 AM   #1
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Haus der Luege.
I get the impression this one is overlooked by EN fans, though I can't imagine why. It might be my all time favourite album. It doesn't have any bad tracks, the best being Feurio!, Haus der Luege, Fiat Lux and Schwindel.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 02:39 AM   #2
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I found a torrent of their discography but it was like over 2GB so I gave it the flick. too long.
Old 09.03.2008, 02:49 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, it's definitely not silence is sexy, I know that much!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 03:37 AM   #4
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Halber Mensch, closely followed by Patienten OT (mainly for 'Armenia')

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 04:01 AM   #5
al shabbray

anybody outhtere knows the "Hornbach" commercial featuring blixa reading some advertising from the market like it was beat poetry? (its a home improvement supply store).
that was one of the best series of spots (I think it was over 10) ever created, screened for just a few weeks

here I found them all in one row on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kdLm...eature=related
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 04:04 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you are asking her to do: none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy or not feeling well or genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to receive positive responses then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and forget about the rejections

Old 09.03.2008, 04:07 AM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
You are a target market.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 04:10 AM   #8
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you are asking her to do: none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy or not feeling well or genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to receive positive responses then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and forget about the rejections
what the hell has that got to do with einstuerzende neubauten?
Old 09.03.2008, 04:10 AM   #9
al shabbray

you are pbradley
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 05:42 AM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Old 09.03.2008, 05:47 AM   #11
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
1. Tabula Rasa (way underrated in my opinion ... and it's got Headcleaner!)
2. Haus Der Luege
3. Alles Wieder Offen (very calm and adorable)
4. Funf auf der nach oben offenen Richterskala
5. Strategies against Architecture II

Despite it having a cult status, I don't go for Kollaps that much.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 06:07 AM   #12
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Despite it having a cult status, I don't go for Kollaps that much.
I agree, besides Tanz Debil, Kollaps and some other songs, I don't think it's that great.
My top three:
1. Haus der Luege
2. Halber Mensch
3. Funf Auf der Nach...
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 06:22 AM   #13
satirejohn
bad moon rising

satirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's asses
Haus Der Lüge and Halber Mensch probably. Followed by O.T. and Fünf auf der Nach... And Kollaps.
satirejohn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 08:07 AM   #14
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
1. Funf auf der nach oben offenen Richterskala
2. haus der luege
3. tabula rasa
4. half mensch
5. ...patienten O.T.
6. alles wieden offen
7. ende neu
8. silence is sexy (only for the amazing bonus disc track)
9. kollaps
10. all the strategies collections- they dont really count as proper albums

theb only one io havent warmed to yet is the new one "the jewels" there is something a bit aloof about it, cant work it out.....
Old 09.03.2008, 09:15 AM   #15
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Silence Is Sexy or Halber Mensch.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 09:22 AM   #16
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I've actually never listened to them. Weird, huh?
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 09:27 AM   #17
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Since high school, it's been a tie between Kollaps and Halber Mensch.

I like a lot of their other stuff too, but these two will probably always be my favorites.

Concurrence with Florya on "Armenia" being the standout on O.T.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 11:26 AM   #19
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Since high school, it's been a tie between Kollaps and Halber Mensch.

I like a lot of their other stuff too, but these two will probably always be my favorites.

Concurrence with Florya on "Armenia" being the standout on O.T.

'Armenia' is a great track. I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the soundtrack to 'Heat'.

My two favourite things about 'Kollaps' are ENs reworking of 'Je t'aime' and the photo on the back, the one that looks like a pisstake of the Pink Floyd photo of all their equipment laid out symetrically (I think it's on the Ummagumma album)

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 02:17 PM   #20
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha! yeah, i remember that on heat.. stunning track.....

still their version of lee hazelwoods morning dew still sends shivers up my spine everytime i hear it.. amazing vocal delivery..

blixa has to be one of the most incredible vocalists (not sigers) ever.. his use of his multi tones and volumes is/are incredible..

seemingly playing dublin very soon, heard nothing about it for a while but ill be there,.......

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth