Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2015, 04:22 AM   #7021
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, yeah, Dunga. Poor old Brazil. A country that doesn't just have to compete against other nations but against its own footballing identity, too.

With video tech, it should go further than just retrospective post match decisions - which we already have. For key decisions, the ref should be able to consult someone on the sidelines with a monitor.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2015, 06:46 PM   #7022
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
argentina scored and my stream locked up!!

---

argentina 2 paraguay 1 @ 45'

paraguay started controlling, then argentina scored two, then paraguay rose again & scored before halftime

i love paraguay-- they have the biggest cojones of any south american country-- always have
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2015, 08:21 PM   #7023
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
jiminy f. ape, argentina beats paraguay 6 to 1!

it was sad, watching. paraguay never gave up but they were just outgunned in every front-- they don't have 1/10th of the talent that argentina does. and they got ripped apart exponentially.

now argentina please DO THE SAME TO CHILE. they don't deserve to be in the final with their fingerassrape qualification

oh, and yesterday peru was playing better than chile until the idiot zambrano had himself thrown out early in the game-- 3 fouls in 20 minutes (one warning, one yellow, one straight red for kicking someone's kidneys). ended up 2-1 for chile but 11 to 11 could have been very different.

ANYWAY.

i'll be rooting for the insufferable argentinians for the final. they really have the best team.
Old 07.01.2015, 10:16 PM   #7024
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Same ol Honduras

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2015, 05:40 AM   #7025
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Not having seen the actual games, I wanted Chile to win at the beginning but everything I've read, especially since the Uruguay game, makes me want it to be Argentina.

Meanwhile transfer window now open:

Man U have made a Ł50m bid for Thomas Muller. I'd like to see him in the Prem but think he wants to stay at Bayern.
Old 07.02.2015, 07:13 AM   #7026
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

argentina has been the dominant team of the tournament by far. they have no competition.

brazil is like a giant airplane going down in flames

uruguay without suarez not a threat

chile plays pretty but has shown serious weak spots and has only made it with the help of various refs

colombia a massive disappointment-- falcao a zero, james null, what the hell happened?

paraguay always corageous but they have no game

peru well organized and a cohesive team but lacking the insane individual talent of argentina (west ham is getting one of their players though)

argentina should win it all. chile wants it bad of course but argentina easily on another level.

--

as for muller-- he should go! i don't understand what he does at bayern anymore. not his fault but the overlarded lineup.
Old 07.02.2015, 03:43 PM   #7027
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Ive never liked the "own goal" im futbol.. just seems unfair. Its like, hey all kinds of goals are negated all the time... seems like they could change the rules. If my team won that way id be embarrassed yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2015, 05:48 AM   #7028
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Ive never liked the "own goal" im futbol.. just seems unfair. Its like, hey all kinds of goals are negated all the time... seems like they could change the rules. If my team won that way id be embarrassed yo

You talking about the women's England game? Just heartbreaking. And to be honest it was one of those damned if you did, damned if you didn't go for the ball.

Talk the Man Utd are offering Jonny Evans as a trade for Seamus Coleman. No. Just no thank you.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2015, 06:02 AM   #7029
demonrail666
invito al cielo

True, but would I be happy for West Ham to win against Chelsea thanks to a JT own goal? Fucking hell yeah! I might even love it more than if we'd scored ourselves. Schadenfreude's a motherfucker.

Don't see how Evans would ever be a sweetener in any deal, least of all for Coleman. Hope you keep him.

You getting Deulofeu on permanent seems like a good bit of business long-term.
Old 07.03.2015, 05:47 PM   #7030
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

perú-paraguay for 3rd place in 45'
Old 07.04.2015, 10:55 AM   #7031
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

perú 2 paraguay 0, it was a lively 2nd half. lots of young talent in perú-- advíncula, cueva, reyna, vargas, etc.

demonyo, i think you'll like advíncula if west jamón gets him.

chile-argentina starts i think in 4 hours
Old 07.04.2015, 05:54 PM   #7032
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
0-0 after 120', 4-1 in penalties, THE LONE STAR WINS THE CUP.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2015, 08:16 AM   #7033
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
0-0 after 120', 4-1 in penalties, THE LONE STAR WINS THE CUP.

Brilliant. Wonder what the odds at the beginning of the tournament were for them to win.

Old 07.05.2015, 08:35 AM   #7034
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Brilliant. Wonder what the odds at the beginning of the tournament were for them to win.

they were one of the heavy favorites-- seasoned team with a great world cup performance 2 years ago, and same coach as then, their share of international stars, playing at home, brazil in decline, uruguay without suárez, etc.

--

one interesting thing to remark aside of that is the success of argentinian coaches on this tournament, who take the first 3 places:

1st - jorge sampaoli
2nd - tata martino
3rd - ricardo gareca
6th - josé pékerman
10th - gustavo quinteros
Old 07.05.2015, 10:44 AM   #7035
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
they were one of the heavy favorites-- seasoned team with a great world cup performance 2 years ago, and same coach as then, their share of international stars, playing at home, brazil in decline, uruguay without suárez, etc.

--

one interesting thing to remark aside of that is the success of argentinian coaches on this tournament, who take the first 3 places:

1st - jorge sampaoli
2nd - tata martino
3rd - ricardo gareca
6th - josé pékerman
10th - gustavo quinteros

Shush.

Old 07.05.2015, 11:14 AM   #7036
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Shush.

ha ha ha-- how the hell do you mean??
Old 07.05.2015, 11:16 AM   #7037
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
ha ha ha-- how the hell do you mean??

Coming in here with your facts and opposing opinions. Facts schmacts!

Old 07.05.2015, 11:33 AM   #7038
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

1st - jorge sampaoli
2nd - tata martino
3rd - ricardo gareca
6th - josé pékerman
10th - gustavo quinteros

Argentina's football culture seems much more rounded than Brazil's. Brazil obviously produces great players (although arguably no more than Argentina has) but very few coaches of note. Weird for such a football-obsessed country. Scolari's the only one I can think of whose had any significant career outside his own country. And even that looks better on paper than what he actually achieved.
Old 07.05.2015, 11:53 AM   #7039
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Coming in here with your facts and opposing opinions. Facts schmacts!

oh ha ha ha

i didn't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Argentina's football culture seems much more rounded than Brazil's. Brazil obviously produces great players (although arguably no more than Argentina has) but very few coaches of note. Weird for such a football-obsessed country. Scolari's the only one I can think of whose had any significant career outside his own country. And even that looks better on paper than what he actually achieved.

either that or a cultural bias towards producing an overabundance of philosophers and psychoanalists.

yeah, i don't know why-- even with extremes of hate like bilardo, they do make a lot of contributions to tactics

and bielsa-- argentino too.

--

btw, tonight's women's world cup final. yes, some people will say "too slow" or "too soft" or whatever, and sure, i have the same problem, but it's the final, and the u.s. will play, and demonyo will have the chance to see his one and only true & eternal love, hope solo.
Old 07.05.2015, 12:04 PM   #7040
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh ha ha ha

i didn't know...

either that or a cultural bias towards producing an overabundance of philosophers and psychoanalists.

yeah, i don't know why-- even with extremes of hate like bilardo, they do make a lot of contributions to tactics

and bielsa-- argentino too.

--

btw, tonight's women's world cup final. yes, some people will say "too slow" or "too soft" or whatever, and sure, i have the same problem, but it's the final, and the u.s. will play, and demonyo will have the chance to see his one and only true & eternal love, hope solo.

I agree with you on the too slow, but not the too soft. I've not seen one person rolling around pretending to be in agony in the whole tournament. Compare that to the men's and there's something very wrong.

Women's football has a long way to go after being suppressed for so long, but that doesn't mean it can't be exciting any more than League 2 football can.

302342349350351 352 353354355362402452 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth