Reload this Page ATP festival!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.12.2006, 11:26 AM   #141
societyisahole
empty page

societyisahole has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyohan
The Sunday Dinosaur show was actually pretty easy to get into. I just waited til the set started when the queue had gone and there was plenty of space.
I just kind of blagged into the 2nd SY show
The queues were a bit of a pain, but I wasn't too badly affected by them cos I got in really early for anyone I especially wanted to see. It meant I had to spend a lot of time at the main stage and didn't get to check out a lot of interesting stuff elsewhere, but with the quality of gigs I saw over the weekend, I really can't complain!

Argh, they played Candle on Saturday too! Damnit, that's my favourite song. I just didn't think I'd have a hope of getting in. Oh well, it was still an amazing weekend.
societyisahole is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 11:43 AM   #142
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by societyisahole
Argh, they played Candle on Saturday too! Damnit, that's my favourite song. I just didn't think I'd have a hope of getting in. Oh well, it was still an amazing weekend.

I missed Candle, cos I wanted to wait til they started to see if there was room once everyone who missed them on Friday night got in. They had just started Reena when I got in.
Both sets were great I thought, but I slightly preferred Friday's - probably cos of Shaking Hell and Eric's Trip! I didn't pick up on the lack of energy some others have mentioned at all. In fact, it was the first time I've seen SY in around 14 years and I was amazed how good they still sound live.
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 11:48 AM   #143
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Just to keep this thread going and to rub it in

Highlights

"****ING GAYS! EVERYONE IS SO FUCKING GAY"
Chloe the photographer. If anyone knows her tell me!
Naked wanderings
Naked,stoned wanderings
Meeting Lee Ranaldo and him takin pics of my tat

Chloe again
Serious sexual frustration
Meeting new people in general

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 11:54 AM   #144
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
hello greenlight! sorry, i only realise now who you are/were... so i apologise if i didn't properly say hello and talked to you. by the way, i hope that sonicl did not mind me jumping on him in the queue saying "hey, are you sonicl??!!?!", for some reason i had the feeling later in the evening that i scared him a bit when doing that... then again, it would have been ridiculous to stay right behind you in the queue once i had identified you... and i had a lot of those ridiculous situations during this week-end as i saw many of you many times - but really was too shy to say hello in any way...

thanks a lot for the pictures everyone! i did not take any, so i'm glad to see yours for memories...

yes, SY set really felt too short on friday, but i guess one could have predicted that since they were stuck between two bands on the program... oh and bark haze was nice, true. regarding wolf eyes, i felt like the last time i saw them: i absolutely loved their growing buzzing crackling industrial moments + sax but could not get into them when they were singing/screaming... so it was strange overall. the guy with the red wig from shotm was next to me and did enjoy it. "brilliant, they are fucking brilliant!", that's what he said (well, if i remember correctly and provided that i did not misunderstood him). he probably was with other members of shotm, but i would not have not been able to recognise them then. oh and did anyone go to the wolf eyes party at their chalet?

so i hear gang of four were excellent? i'm even more gutted that i missed them now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
about how many people go to ATP? and how many stages are there.

i think there were 6000 people and three stages... a big one and two smaller ones (the bigger one supposedly could not contain more than 3000 people... and there were a lot of people when the bigger names were playing)...

oh yes, it would have been sooooo fantastic if les rallizes denudes could have come... and i would have been immensely disappointed if i had to miss them because of the queuing... i guess they are not popular to the point that people would come in droves to see them - well, who knows? - but if say a band like dinosaur jr. or the stooges were playing right after, one could have missed them because of all the people coming early for the subsequent show...

but i know that it was the first time they organised it on this site, so it should have been hard to organise, and they managed to get bands play two times hwen this occured, so i really should not complain.

so yes, thanks a lot to thurston and barry and the atp people for the wonderful week-end!
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 12:00 PM   #145
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
dinosaur jr. on sunday was indeed really strange as i just had woken up and felt a bit uncomfortable going back in a dark smoky room just after going out of bed... but i still liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
And then I ate some fish and chips which were pretty mediocre at best.

i assume it was at that finnegan's place: the first thing i ate at minehead was a quite disgusting fish & chips from there. i also had a disgusting cappuccino during the week-end. i'm quite happy i can eat properly now that i'm back.
Old 12.12.2006, 12:09 PM   #146
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
dinosaur were good on the sunday but j seemed annoyed at having to get up and play. they were fucking loud too, a bit too much at that time of day to be honest.

the only thing that was bad about atp was the waiting to get into the stages. totaly ridiculous to cue to get into a half empty room when the band have already started.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 12:10 PM   #147
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
so i hear gang of four were excellent? i'm even more gutted that i missed them now!

yep, they were incredible - can't believe I finally saw them after all this time! Did anyone go to their second show at 1.30am? Did they do the same set?
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 12:11 PM   #148
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
nurse with wound

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:12 PM   #149
jon boy
invito al cielo

six organs of admitance

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:12 PM   #150
jon boy
invito al cielo

wolf eyes

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:13 PM   #151
jon boy
invito al cielo

bark haze (just perfect!)

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:13 PM   #152
jon boy
invito al cielo

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:14 PM   #153
jon boy
invito al cielo

double leopards

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:14 PM   #154
jon boy
invito al cielo

blood stereo

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:15 PM   #155
jon boy
invito al cielo

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:21 PM   #156
o o o
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
totaly ridiculoyus to cue to get into a half empty room when the band have already started.

oh yes, that was bad. also queuing to go the toilets...

regarding blood stereo: it was funny to see him looking all happy and smiling and clapping in his hands right at the end of the concert, after having looked insane on the stage during the thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyohan
Did anyone go to their second show at 1.30am? Did they do the same set?

unfortunately i did not learn about this in time which makes me even more regretful...
Old 12.12.2006, 12:51 PM   #157
jon boy
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nh57JuMt0A

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 12:56 PM   #158
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Blood Stereo were amazing but I could have happily heard them for 2-3times as long.

THEY SHOULD COME AND PLAY IN CARDIFF OR SOMETHING>...........
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 01:00 PM   #159
jon boy
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOMVCJzocWw

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.12.2006, 01:06 PM   #160
Bastian
bad moon rising

Bastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's asses
Sunburned Hand.. Jon Boy in the first row..

Bastian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth