Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.03.2009, 08:34 PM   #121
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Update: no dice on 6-button controller and I opted out of the PS-1 and Spiderman. Spider was $16.95. They actually had a copy of FFVII "reduced" to $56.95
Old 02.04.2009, 01:49 AM   #122
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
i purchased an xbox 360 just for resident evil and street fighter. i thought i'd play some xbox games until then but i just finished Silent Hill Homecoming and i'm sad to announce that i have no interest in playing any other xbox games out right now. i might sell my 360 once im done with those games.

I just started playing Assassins Creed which is pretty kick ass definately worth a look, I have played it for two days in a row and am a bit addicted.....

terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2009, 02:25 AM   #123
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
I'd definately get a 360 over ps3 since it has way more exclusives. If there is a cross-platform game it is generally better on the 360 since most games are primarily developed on the 360 then ported to the ps3 due to the 360 being easier to develop for.

But on topic, I've been playing the OG banjo kazooie on the 360. Having never played it before, I have to say that it is now one of my fav games of all time. I've also been playing the new upgraded hd street fighter 2 on 360. It still is tons of fun.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2009, 08:12 AM   #124
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I believe PS3 to be a better system, that will most likely dominate 360 down the road. I just think its capabilities are better, and with the option of installing linux (easily/legally) as an OS, it seems like a world of homebrew is (easily/legally) opened up. Plus Blue-Ray player as nice bonues, and you dnt have to pay extra for internet like on the 360.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 02:20 AM   #125
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
im playing bioshock. i wasnt expecting this at all. I thought it was going to be mechs and shit. This is like half-life, except not as revolutionary.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 02:48 PM   #126
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I believe PS3 to be a better system, that will most likely dominate 360 down the road. I just think its capabilities are better, and with the option of installing linux (easily/legally) as an OS, it seems like a world of homebrew is (easily/legally) opened up. Plus Blue-Ray player as nice bonues, and you dnt have to pay extra for internet like on the 360.

The free online play is actually awful compared to the 360. I'd rather pay 50 bucks a year and get better online service. I mean...to an extent it's a plus, but after playing Metal Gear Online, I seriously want better servers. Anywho, I heard 360 actually has the better graphics, though ps3 has blu-ray which in turn can make games a lot! better. What sucks is that the developers have 5 times the space of a normal DVD but are too lazy to use it all. I mean Metal Gear 4 could've been so much better if they took the time to work on it. I'm a PS3 fan though, I think it has better games(even though most of them are now on 360) and a better control. The XBOX control is only good for 1 thing, and that is 1st person shooters.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 02:49 PM   #127
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Update: no dice on 6-button controller and I opted out of the PS-1 and Spiderman. Spider was $16.95. They actually had a copy of FFVII "reduced" to $56.95

wow....reduced? Where do you live?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 03:11 PM   #128
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
SSX 3 on the gamecube
Old 02.06.2009, 03:11 PM   #129
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
wow....reduced? Where do you live?

TN. It's gone now, it was gone the day after I posted that. I didn't realize it was such a big game/deal.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:16 PM   #130
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I had it years ago. Should never have parted with it. I'd love to get it again. But yeah. I'm not gonna pay that much. PS: Was it "greatest hits" version? Collectors seem to care about that, so GH versions are cheaper than the old "black label".
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 03:21 PM   #131
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I didn't pay enough attention. It might have been. I know they was print in the spine window area. Not sure.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:24 PM   #132
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
im playing bioshock. i wasnt expecting this at all. I thought it was going to be mechs and shit. This is like half-life, except not as revolutionary.

see, i never played half-life and i heard the port to ps3 sucked so i probably never will. bioshock is pretty much a revelatory game for me, especially as far as shooters go, a genre which usually doesn't appeal to me.
Old 02.07.2009, 02:28 AM   #133
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Old 02.07.2009, 02:42 AM   #134
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I didn't pay enough attention. It might have been. I know they was print in the spine window area. Not sure.

greatest hits versions dont cost that much. it had to have been a black cover. thats what they usually go for, $50+ whenever a store seems to have one in hand. i already have a black cover version but if someone gets their hands on one, they can sucker someone into spending $100+ on it on ebay
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 02:45 AM   #135
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah, and i'm playing this at the moment

i HAD to put my xbox to use since i paid good money for it. so i downloaded it off LIVE. i'm totally raping this game over the weekend. i'd like to get a black cover version of this game
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 04:23 AM   #136
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
see, i never played half-life and i heard the port to ps3 sucked so i probably never will. bioshock is pretty much a revelatory game for me, especially as far as shooters go, a genre which usually doesn't appeal to me.

see, i dont know how or when, but out of nowhere i became really good at shooters. I always thought they were easy, but then golden eye and later halo came out, both of which raised the bar significantly, and i am pretty competitive so i had to adapt. Now that I am used to the genre, i appreciate them a lot more. My heart is still in RPGs though.

Ironically enough, I hate grenade launcher, but that's a different topic.

Old 02.07.2009, 02:57 PM   #137
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Thanks to a friend, I managed to get all this for $40:

SNES System plus one controller
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Tetris 2
Super Mario All-Stars
Donkey Kong Country
Wheel Of Fortune Deluxe Edition
Super Tennis
Super Marion All Stars + Super Mario World

I also picked up for the SNES:
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Star Wars
Mortal Kombat
Old 02.07.2009, 08:21 PM   #138
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
^win
find yoshi's island
Old 02.07.2009, 08:22 PM   #139
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

oh and i just started metal gear solid 4 and its fucking unreal...i had a nasty grin on the whole time...awesome game so far and incredibly imaginitive/innovative
Old 02.08.2009, 03:08 AM   #140
cars_willkillyou
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
oh and i just started metal gear solid 4 and its fucking unreal...i had a nasty grin on the whole time...awesome game so far and incredibly imaginitive/innovative

i havent played it myself, only a few times as I do not own a ps3, but goddamn, what a perfect and beautiful game. I was blown away. In more ways then one.

Edit: as in, it's also hard as shit.

57107 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth