Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2012, 10:17 AM   #15601
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder

I haven't seen that in years and they are showing it at the local independent cinema on Wednesday, so I am very excited to see it on the big screen.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2012, 10:27 AM   #15602
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder

love love love love, etc
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2012, 02:36 PM   #15603
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
I haven't seen that in years and they are showing it at the local independent cinema on Wednesday, so I am very excited to see it on the big screen.
nice.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2012, 02:39 PM   #15604
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
people should go buy a ticket to the theater and see Cabin in the Woods

very goo dmovie yes
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2012, 11:01 PM   #15605
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Had Bergman session last weekend, never seen any of his work.

I think I prefer Wild Strawberries actually. Both very good films, really like the Swedish language, interesting flow to it.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2012, 06:01 AM   #15606
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2012, 10:29 AM   #15607
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic sphere

I'm not a huge fan of most of the superhero movies I've seen but I did really like that. The whole origin part was excellent.
Old 04.26.2012, 05:01 PM   #15608
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Murmer If you are a fan of Whedon's shows "Buffy", Angel", and "Firefly", then chances are good you'll dig this movie. Its got Whedon's sensibilities all over it. "Cabin In the Woods" is a great film to get psyched for "Avengers".
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2012, 07:10 PM   #15609
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
people should go buy a ticket to the theater and see Cabin in the Woods

very goo dmovie yes
i took your advice dood. dope as hell!
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2012, 07:50 PM   #15610
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses

somewhat interesting coincidence behind the story here. So last Monday I called my friend at Hear Again, a pretty decent record store in downtown Gainesville, and asked if he had any copies of The Band's Self-Titled album, or "Moondog Matinee," being that as of the previous 2 weeks, all I could listen to was The Band. At work, during sleep, in class, driving, even playing video games and reading, I was (and even more so now) constantly listening to The Band. So on last Thursday (3 days later) I'm driving up to Suwannee County to see the annual Wanee Festival, which is headlined by the Allmann Bros Band. The last time I went to Wanee, was in 2008, the only time Allmann Bros did NOT play at the fest, due to Greg Allmann starting his hepatitis treatment cycle, and I got there right after Levon Helm (the drummer/singer of The Band) finished his set. I was disappointed, but he came out later during the slot Allmann bros were supposed to play for a song or two, which was amazing.

Anyway, so I stop by Gainesville on Thursday to say hey to my friend and pick up a copy of the self-titled album on vinyl ("moondog" is currently out of print, for those wondering). And while we're talking, the owner of the shop asks me "are you buyin this because of Levon?" and I said, "well, i mean, i guess...he is THE man in The Band, definitely my favorite..." "well, you know he died today, right?"

That moment, my stomach dropped and chills went up my spine. It set a very strange tone for a very strange weekend of festival music, camping, and canoes. While I was there, I stopped by a vendor tent selling cds and such, and the last piece of merchandise that was related to The Band that they had left was a copy of the "The Last Waltz: Special Edition" dvd for 20 bucks.

For those of you who have not seen it, or are not familiar with The Band, change that immediately. Watch this movie ASAP, and watch it loud as fuuuuu...

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2012, 09:01 PM   #15611
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic sphere

I've almost completed my collection of Ed Brubakers current run of Captain America. I'm missing less than 10 back issues that Im hoping to find in the local stores before i resort to online buying...That being said, I freaking loved this movie. I was slightly offput by them casting the same guy who played The Human Torch in Marvels Fantastic Four, as the guy to play Captain America, but he did a helluva job. I'm probably gonna piddle a little during the Avengers movie.

Old 04.28.2012, 10:47 AM   #15612
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou

somewhat interesting coincidence behind the story here. So last Monday I called my friend at Hear Again, a pretty decent record store in downtown Gainesville, and asked if he had any copies of The Band's Self-Titled album, or "Moondog Matinee," being that as of the previous 2 weeks, all I could listen to was The Band. At work, during sleep, in class, driving, even playing video games and reading, I was (and even more so now) constantly listening to The Band. So on last Thursday (3 days later) I'm driving up to Suwannee County to see the annual Wanee Festival, which is headlined by the Allmann Bros Band. The last time I went to Wanee, was in 2008, the only time Allmann Bros did NOT play at the fest, due to Greg Allmann starting his hepatitis treatment cycle, and I got there right after Levon Helm (the drummer/singer of The Band) finished his set. I was disappointed, but he came out later during the slot Allmann bros were supposed to play for a song or two, which was amazing.

Anyway, so I stop by Gainesville on Thursday to say hey to my friend and pick up a copy of the self-titled album on vinyl ("moondog" is currently out of print, for those wondering). And while we're talking, the owner of the shop asks me "are you buyin this because of Levon?" and I said, "well, i mean, i guess...he is THE man in The Band, definitely my favorite..." "well, you know he died today, right?"

That moment, my stomach dropped and chills went up my spine. It set a very strange tone for a very strange weekend of festival music, camping, and canoes. While I was there, I stopped by a vendor tent selling cds and such, and the last piece of merchandise that was related to The Band that they had left was a copy of the "The Last Waltz: Special Edition" dvd for 20 bucks.

For those of you who have not seen it, or are not familiar with The Band, change that immediately. Watch this movie ASAP, and watch it loud as fuuuuu...

Have you seen the 'classic album' dvd with them talking about the self titled album? Watch it. It's incredible.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2012, 01:57 PM   #15613
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

Chan-Wook Park owns my soul. Icing on the cake for the 'Vengeance' Trilogy. Yeong-ae Lee, with her extremely sexy red shadow, owns the film. Park knows exactly what he wants to convey and captures exactly that, blending and weaving a tapestry of violence and unique story telling.

Now to watch the series over again and watch Lady Vengeance "fade to black & white" version
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2012, 05:27 AM   #15614
cars_willkillyou
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Have you seen the 'classic album' dvd with them talking about the self titled album? Watch it. It's incredible.

Yeaaaaah! its broken up into 5 parts on youtube. I'd love to buy a copy on dvd, but its kinda hard to find. But that video, explaining how they made the self-titled, showed me just how brilliant of musicians each of them are/were. Ive yet to see anyone who can play the keys like Garth. Or drums like Levon. And I'm pretty sure Rick Danko has become my favorite bassist, as well as my current inspiration as a bass player. If there was any single bassist I'd like to be able to play on the same level as, it'd be Danko, for sure. Theres better bassists out there, technically, but not passionately.

Old 04.29.2012, 06:50 AM   #15615
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

highly recommended for fans of gore.

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2012, 09:35 AM   #15616
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Revenge of the Creature

A fairly lacklustre sequel to Creature From the Black Lagoon. It seems impossible to me that someone could make a boring film featuring a gill-man a Florida themepark and lots of square jawed 50s-ness. Some good underwater bits but nowhere near as great as in the first one.
Old 04.29.2012, 11:02 AM   #15617
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Revenge of the Creature

A fairly lacklustre sequel to Creature From the Black Lagoon. It seems impossible to me that someone could make a boring film featuring a gill-man a Florida themepark and lots of square jawed 50s-ness. Some good underwater bits but nowhere near as great as in the first one.

Wow didn't know they did a sequel!

Creature from the black lagoon is one of the few sci-fi horro films where I watch it and I think "people were actually scared by this?!". Especially when films like House on Haunted Hill were out around that that.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2012, 12:43 PM   #15618
demonrail666
invito al cielo

They made two sequels. The third film is The Creature Walks Among Us, and isn't bad. The first one, Creature From the Black Lagoon, is one of my favourite monster movies. I can watch it over and over again. It just ticks about every box I have. I don't think it matters that it isn't scary, and I doubt if it was, even when it was released. Lots of my favourite horror films don't scare me at all. If anything, I'd say Creature From the Black Lagoon is more sad or even romantic than scary.

Damn. This has got me in the mood to watch The Creature Walks Among Us ...
Old 04.29.2012, 03:54 PM   #15619
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
They made two sequels. The third film is The Creature Walks Among Us, and isn't bad. The first one, Creature From the Black Lagoon, is one of my favourite monster movies. I can watch it over and over again. It just ticks about every box I have. I don't think it matters that it isn't scary, and I doubt if it was, even when it was released. Lots of my favourite horror films don't scare me at all. If anything, I'd say Creature From the Black Lagoon is more sad or even romantic than scary.

Damn. This has got me in the mood to watch The Creature Walks Among Us ...

I love the Creature From the Black Lagoon! I must've seen it like 4 times, once it played in 3D w/ live orchestra at this old theater in Detroit. One of the finest experiences of my life.

I have The Creature Walks Among Us on VHS. Still haven't watched it.
Old 04.29.2012, 03:55 PM   #15620
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostchase

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

What an outstanding poster.
681731771778779780 781 7827837847918318811281 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth