Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.25.2017, 09:28 AM   #1881
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
who didn’t deserve who??

(In Adam voice)

WHAAAAAAT?

Oh i guess I said it weird. Hannah doesn’t deserve Adam, obviously, but Adam’s also done nothing to deserve Hannah’s awfulness.

Quote:
what logic defy what? they’re fine as a couple. the only reason they’re “bad”is because apparently dunham must punish them somehow in horvath’s name. like—he must pine for amoeba girl lolololololol. please! wishful thinking fantasy bs.

Uh... addicts in recent recovery are really not supposed to bed down with other addicts in recent recovery. And they’re both adddicts. Adam had his addict shit pretty well together, but Jessa’s fairly fresh out of heroin school, where she fucking was expelled... didn’t graduate. All I mean is, IRL, every addict these people know would be screaming at them to NOT FUCK. And they’d fuck anyway, and AA logic dictates they’d lead each other to relapse. *shrug*
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2017, 09:39 AM   #1882
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
(In Adam voice)

WHAAAAAAT?

Oh i guess I said it weird. Hannah doesn’t deserve Adam, obviously, but Adam’s also done nothing to deserve Hannah’s awfulness.

Uh... addicts in recent recovery are really not supposed to bed down with other addicts in recent recovery. And they’re both adddicts. Adam had his addict shit pretty well together, but Jessa’s fairly fresh out of heroin school, where she fucking was expelled... didn’t graduate. All I mean is, IRL, every addict these people know would be screaming at them to NOT FUCK. And they’d fuck anyway, and AA logic dictates they’d lead each other to relapse. *shrug*

oh! i didnt know that. never been to that school. everybody is an addict in this society though, either to work or to shopping, so who’s gonna be left to fuck? i can see why the basic idea is there but permanent celibacy is just not possible.

oh yeah i read “deserve” like she was a prize lol.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2017, 02:37 PM   #1883
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

Old 12.25.2017, 05:37 PM   #1884
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh! i didnt know that. never been to that school. everybody is an addict in this society though, either to work or to shopping, so who’s gonna be left to fuck? i can see why the basic idea is there but permanent celibacy is just not possible.

oh yeah i read “deserve” like she was a prize lol.

Nonononono not a prize, not a prize. Noooooonononono. Definitely a wet mouth, like you said. You nailed it. She’s a fucking wet mouth and terrible person, and I don’t care how much incremental growth she manages to inch through over five goddamn years, she’s still a goddamn narcissistic freakshow!

And yeah, I’ve spent some time around addict culture because... well, I really have had friends like the characters on GIRLS, and I’ve lost several of them to overdoses. I’ve even tried the Al-Anon thing, but never really committed. Thought I had a problem myself for a while, but turns out I was just being a kid and partying like stupid kids do. Anyhoo, that’s how I know about this stuff.

Had friends go into rehab and emerge with girlfriends and boyfriends and fuck-buddies, insisting they’d found their soul mates, plowing head-first into impending disaster.

But it does seem like addicts go for addicts a lot. (And when I say “addict,” I’m just talking about the common conception... I actually have several serious issues with AA culture, but I’m saying “addict” because it’s simpler than explaining all of that.) SO... it’s probably pretty realistic that Adam and Jessa would “end up” together.

I guess in the end I liked the show despite loathing 99% of the so-called human beings it revolves around. Would be this invested/opinionated if I didn’t like it, at least in a grudging kind of way.
Old 12.25.2017, 05:57 PM   #1885
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

well ive always been attracted to crazies. cant relate to normals. i understand the addict thing i guess. just how im wired.

one day im taking refuge in a friend’s apartment and im telling him my home troubles and he’s like “she’s crazy!!” and proceeds to lecture me on why cant i just find “a simple woman.”

i thought he was crazy himself for believing there is such a thing as “a simple woman,” but with the intervening years i think he just meant “not so fucking bananas as the ones you always hook up with.”

and... sure, but... nah... just there isnt any chemistry with the simples.

anyway, the show i loved to hate i think i called it earlier. it’s a good show about horrible people. the end was a bit thrown together but eh. glad you liked it.

ps have you ever seen father ted? it’s on amazon now. haaa haaaa haaaa haaaaaa!
Old 12.25.2017, 08:51 PM   #1886
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
well ive always been attracted to crazies. cant relate to normals. i understand the addict thing i guess. just how im wired.

one day im taking refuge in a friend’s apartment and im telling him my home troubles and he’s like “she’s crazy!!” and proceeds to lecture me on why cant i just find “a simple woman.”

i thought he was crazy himself for believing there is such a thing as “a simple woman,” but with the intervening years i think he just meant “not so fucking bananas as the ones you always hook up with.”

and... sure, but... nah... just there isnt any chemistry with the simples.

anyway, the show i loved to hate i think i called it earlier. it’s a good show about horrible people. the end was a bit thrown together but eh. glad you liked it.

ps have you ever seen father ted? it’s on amazon now. haaa haaaa haaaa haaaaaa!

Oh my god we should compare notes on crazy some day man. Privately, maybe.

I’ll look into Father Ted.
Old 12.27.2017, 09:56 AM   #1887
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i don’t fuck and tell, but i do have a problem with people who are well adjusted to social reality. i’m with the ones in permanent revolt. not in an ideological party line way but just instinctively maladjusted. a lot of people like that are going to end up highly neurotic, addicted or slightly bananas once they hit adolescence and beyond. those are my people— the malcontents. there’s still the question of acting intelligently on that pressure once you reach the age of reason, but the primary drive... yeah i totally connect with that.

father ted ha ha haha. if you grew up catholic you’ll laugh so hard.
Old 12.27.2017, 10:18 AM   #1888
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
i don’t fuck and tell, but i do have a problem with people who are well adjusted to social reality. i’m with the ones in permanent revolt. not in an ideological party line way but just instinctively maladjusted. a lot of people like that are going to end up highly neurotic, addicted or slightly bananas once they hit adolescence and beyond. those are my people— the malcontents. there’s still the question of acting intelligently on that pressure once you reach the age of reason, but the primary drive... yeah i totally connect with that.

father ted ha ha haha. if you grew up catholic you’ll laugh so hard.

I grew up Catholic as fuck. Now I’m excited.
Old 12.30.2017, 10:51 AM   #1889
Severian
invito al cielo

Insecure on HBO.

I got HBO again. I got it with the singular purpose of binging the fuck out of the four seasons of GIRLS jot available on Prime in the one-week trial period. I didn’t get GIRLS finished in a week, so I paid for a month, and now I might as well use it.

Anyway, Insecure is OK.
Old 12.30.2017, 11:34 AM   #1890
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

good strategy though, to fuck & run

i might get a month of the thing when the last gaymotron comes out if my internet can handle it then
Old 12.30.2017, 03:28 PM   #1891
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
good strategy though, to fuck & run

i might get a month of the thing when the last gaymotron comes out if my internet can handle it then

Took me a minute to realize you’re talking about Game of Thrones. Haha. Gaymotron. Lololol
Old 12.31.2017, 08:39 PM   #1892
Severian
invito al cielo

Check out the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. Good stuff, starting the dead whore from House of Cards as a Jewish comedienne in the 1950s. Goes a little overboard with some of the Jewish stuff... really quite gleefully stereotypey... but it’s a good little show and that chick must be able to act because she’s a 100% different person in this than she was in HOC.
Old 01.01.2018, 10:02 AM   #1893
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

currently “working” thru and father ted + grounded for life + jean claude van johnson on amazon, but will add to watchlist for when one clears.
Old 01.01.2018, 02:27 PM   #1894
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Miniaturist (BBC1) Really well done. Holland 1600's. Great costumes, interiors and acting. It did, however, have a bit of a supernatural element to it that felt contrived. Romola Garai and Alex Hassell were great in this, 2 parter, 2.5 hours. I was impressed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bQ4_pYqZU
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2018, 06:33 PM   #1895
Severian
invito al cielo

I JUST WATCHED PETER CAPALDI’S FINAL EPISODE AS THE DOCTOR!

He turned out to be such a badass Doctor.

He’d be a good Dream/Morpheus from “Sandman” also, methinks.

Ugh. Time for Jodie Whittaker.
Old 01.02.2018, 07:52 PM   #1896
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I JUST WATCHED PETER CAPALDI’S FINAL EPISODE AS THE DOCTOR!

He turned out to be such a badass Doctor.

He had the qualities to be one of the best but I think the final verdict has to be that he did a very good job with often not that great material. But just as Jodie replaces Pete, so Chibnall replaces Moffat, and an entirely new era begins.

EDIT: Great call on Morpheus, btw.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2018, 08:20 PM   #1897
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
He had the qualities to be one of the best but I think the final verdict has to be that he did a very good job with often not that great material. But just as Jodie replaces Pete, so Chibnall replaces Moffat, and an entirely new era begins.

EDIT: Great call on Morpheus, btw.

Thanks! Yeah, that just came to me last night. Think it’s kind of perfect. I also think Neil Gaiman wrote his version of Sandman with a lot of Doctor-esque qualities, because Neil’s such a mad fucking Whovian. So the parts just might be symbiotic by nature. I think Tennant could handle it too. But Capaldi *looks* the part. And has plenty of natural menace in his face.

I was not a fan of his Doctor at first, but he grew on me big time. As a Doctor I just loved him. He gave some of the greatest monologues I’ve ever seen in the series, and he’s one of the better actors to ever try the role. I think his Doctor + the writing of the Tenant era + the production budget and arcs of the Smith era, all combined would make for a near-perfect Doctor.

I’m actually looking forward to the new gal. I just haven’t liked her in anything else. But I trust the franchise. It’s going to be a new era, for sure.
Old 01.05.2018, 05:34 PM   #1898
Severian
invito al cielo

I’m finally watching Mad Man, and goddammit it actually is really good. I was kind of hoping I’d be able to be too cool for Mad Men, but it’s just really goddamn well-made, and Don Draper has fucking chopped off a little piece of my soul and put it in his pocket and now I need to follow him around until I get it back.

Dammit.

I thought I was gonna be too cool for the Americans too. But ... well, that’s obviously not a thing.
Old 01.06.2018, 09:48 AM   #1899
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Insecure first season. Ms Ild & I are liking it
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2018, 10:20 AM   #1900
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Insecure first season. Ms Ild & I are liking it

It’s pretty good. Gets addictive as hell.
85929394 95 969798105145 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth