Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page your Summer Album 2008
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.24.2008, 11:24 AM   #21
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Unusual Animals Vinyl Series

Cryptacize cover of "Peg" as been the most perfect summer 7"

I've never heard of this series... explain.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 11:27 AM   #22
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
As for the Beck ODELAY reissue... I like it OK, but I only listened to it like twice. I already had 99% of those b-sides/remixes from the original singles when they first came out. So there was little unearthed revelations. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have em all together, and had I never heard stuff like "SA-5" or the Aphex Twin of "Devil's Haircuit" I'd think that disc 2 was an amazing lost record.
Old 07.24.2008, 11:35 AM   #23
noisereductions
invito al cielo

holy shiz! They cover PEG "Peg!" Wow. I love me some Steely D. That's awesome!
Old 07.24.2008, 11:40 AM   #24
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
The Mars Volta - The Bedlam In Goliath
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward
BLK JKS - Mystery
Giant Panda - Electric Laser Beam
The B52s - Funplex
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 11:53 AM   #25
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I still haven't found Omar and Jeremy yet. I'll have to place an order next month.
Old 07.24.2008, 11:59 AM   #26
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III

DUDE I was fuckin surprised by that shit. I thought it was going to be SO BAD but I'm lovin it.

summer album for me:

TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 11:59 AM   #27
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I still haven't found Omar and Jeremy yet. I'll have to place an order next month.

I am so happy, i have them ALL now, YES! them ALL! It tooke me a really long time, and a lot of searching, and a lot of cash, but i did it!

He's putting out another one in september! Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fungus. It was recorded in 2001 though, so hopefully it will be a lot like A Manual Dexterity.

the Omar & Jeremy one isn't his best, or anywhere near his best, Please Heat This Eventually is excellent though!
Old 07.24.2008, 12:02 PM   #28
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I was going to mention the Fungus one. It says the tracks were originally intended for the Volta, so it should be great. Wonder if they'll sell them at the Volta shows, I might just pick them up there, if they do.
Old 07.24.2008, 12:03 PM   #29
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
I was going to mention the Fungus one. It says the tracks were originally intended for the Volta, so it should be great. Wonder if they'll sell them at the Volta shows, I might just pick them up there, if they do.

they might do by then!

they had no CD's with them in the merch section when i saw them last week.
Old 07.24.2008, 12:04 PM   #30
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I'll just place them both on order then.

Did they play any new songs?
Old 07.24.2008, 12:08 PM   #31
screamingskull
invito al cielo

you know what, i couldn't really tell, ha ha ha ha, sad but true.
I could probably find out the set list if i went on the comatorium, but i just can't bring myself to do that, i swore i'd never do that again.

They played a lot of stuff from Bedlam, and a few songs from Deloused, i think, all the songs kinda merged into one really really long awesome song.

Omar played some absolutely beautiful guitar pieces in between songs that i really really hope are from the next album. All in all, it was one of the best gigs of my life, but the tall guys in front of me blocked my view a few times, next time i am going to make the effort to get there early and stand up front against the barrier.
Old 07.24.2008, 12:13 PM   #32
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Lil Wayne is pretty incredible.

By the way 2008 aside, a standby summer album for me is MASTERED BY GUY AT EXCHANGE by Max Tundra.
Old 07.24.2008, 12:13 PM   #33
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I can't bring myself to go look there either.
They've played a few new "pieces" in recent shows, so I'm interested to see. I've already instructed the people going with me to be there 2 hours before doors because I refuse to be anywhere but the very front.
Old 07.24.2008, 12:19 PM   #34
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
I can't bring myself to go look there either.
They've played a few new "pieces" in recent shows, so I'm interested to see. I've already instructed the people going with me to be there 2 hours before doors because I refuse to be anywhere but the very front.

Yeah, great plan!, i didn't have the choice of when i arrived . so we got there at like 7-30, they came on at 8-00 and played straight until 10-30, no break, no support. Pretty damn impressive.

You are going to have such an incredible time, i was totally in awe of them, it sounds sad, but it was like being in the presence of gods. Oh, and Omar and Cedric look, in person, EXACTLY like they do on tv/in photos.
Old 07.24.2008, 12:24 PM   #35
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Yeah, I'm pretty excited. At first it was just me and my friend (he actually introduced me to the Volta), but now it's expanding to 4 of us going. I love those no support shows and over 2 hours should be amazing, although I have a feeling one of my friends won't be able to stand it (he's never been to loud shows before). I'm trying to decide where to stand, dead center, in front of Omar or between Cedric and Omar.
Old 07.24.2008, 12:26 PM   #36
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty excited. At first it was just me and my friend (he actually introduced me to the Volta), but now it's expanding to 4 of us going. I love those no support shows and over 2 hours should be amazing, although I have a feeling one of my friends won't be able to stand it (he's never been to loud shows before). I'm trying to decide where to stand, dead center, in front of Omar or between Cedric and Omar.

i'd go for dead center, Omar and Cedric were in the middle dancing and moving around the middle of the stage, so i'd go for center. You can't really go wrong with center.
Old 07.24.2008, 12:29 PM   #37
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

That's what I was leaning toward. Plus Thomas is in center.
Old 07.24.2008, 01:17 PM   #38
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 01:43 PM   #39
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
i think that's actually the best malkmus album yet.

shake me off the knife because i want to go home.

i listened to that album on the way to see juno at the dollar theatre. i felt so indie.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 01:58 PM   #40
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Damn. Yeah, you're right, Stu. That is a good album. (I like the self-titled best...but this one 2nd best).

Also the new Mountain Goats was good.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth