Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.17.2009, 06:41 AM   #4941
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka

Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 10:15 AM   #4942
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

On vinyl. Thanks for the tip, narlus!
Old 12.17.2009, 01:22 PM   #4943
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
pretty good, but the first volume is amazing. The first volume is actually up there for me with some of the most seminal Wu releases.

Is there actually good stuff on the first volume that I mostly won't have already from other releases?
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 01:39 PM   #4944
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
"The What" - Biggie & Meth (if you dnt have READY TO DIE, which you should")
"Cold World Remix" - GZA & D'Angelo
"Tragedy" - The RZA
"Hip Hop Drunkies" - ODB & Alkaholiks
"Gunz N Onez" - Heltah Skeltah & Meth
"Wake Up" - Killarmy
"Right Back At You" - Mobb Deep, Rae, Ghost (if you dnt have THE INFAMOUS -- then why not?????)
"Semi-Automatic" - Inspectah Deck, Streetlife, U-God

all tracks you need.
Old 12.17.2009, 02:46 PM   #4945
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
"The What" - Biggie & Meth (if you dnt have READY TO DIE, which you should")
"Right Back At You" - Mobb Deep, Rae, Ghost (if you dnt have THE INFAMOUS -- then why not?????)

Dude, I've got a lot to catch up in hip-hop, but not THAT much. Ready To Die is one of those rare albums that's untouchable and stupidly loved/hyped by everyone, and yet still somehow seems underrated when I give it a proper spin, because it's just that fucking good. It's the rap equivalent of like Paranoid or something. Things Done Changed? HOLY SHIT!

The Infamous is of course a classic, although I just tends to get overshadowed by Illmatic even for me for some reason (due to the similarity in sound/period/them being on Nas's side of the Jay-Z beef I guess). That's still no bad reflection on it in itself though. Illmatic is a strong candidate for the best hip-hop album ever, so it can't really compare. Survival Of The Fittest is an amazing track, as in Shook Ones pt II and many others...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 12.17.2009, 02:49 PM   #4946
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
agreed on READY TO DIE.

ILLMATIC vs THE INFAMOUS is really really tough. They're similar, but miles apart thematically.

Nas tries to keep things very concise and from a singluar point of view. It's very real. Very poetic. Very honest.

Mobb made a horror film on record. It's creepy and paranoid and agressive and over the top lyrically.

I love them both, but in different ways.
Old 12.17.2009, 02:55 PM   #4947
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Quote:
ILLMATIC vs THE INFAMOUS is really really tough. They're similar, but miles apart thematically.

Nas tries to keep things very concise and from a singluar point of view. It's very real. Very poetic. Very honest.

Mobb made a horror film on record. It's creepy and paranoid and agressive and over the top lyrically.

I love them both, but in different ways.

True. My essential problem with TRULY loving The Infamous I guess is that it's basically Illmatic that made me a rap fan, like the voice of god coming down (well, I got it with Madvillainy, so that would be the other half of my induction), and it was a big part of what music was for me for about a month, and when it was during that period that I branched out into the Infamous, and it couldn't help but suffer when compared at the time. I need to listen to it again now as a more mature hip-hop listener. Haven't put in on for more than one or two tracks in a couple of months.
Old 12.17.2009, 03:18 PM   #4948
noisereductions
invito al cielo

yeah I can understand what yr sayign contextually. I had both albums when they first came out, and I'd say that back them ILLMATIC meant more to me, but over the years INFAMOUS has had sort of a more surprising peeling-back-of-layers thing going on for me. IT's a really really heavy, complex and interesting record that is often overshadowed by other heavy hitters of the same period (ILLMATIC, ENTER THE WU-TANG, READY TO DIE and the likes).

Also, I'd say that Mobb's HELL ON EARTH is way overlooked. And Prodigy's RETURN OF THE MAC is the best thing that he's done since either of those albums.
Old 12.18.2009, 11:43 AM   #4949
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Bought
stop making sense- talking heads
the who's greatest hits
and srgt pepper lonely hearts club band

all on cassette. My car still rocks the cassette.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2009, 03:14 PM   #4950
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2009, 03:05 AM   #4951
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses

I knew it was good, but I'd forgotten just how fucking good.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2009, 03:15 AM   #4952
looking glass spectacle
100%

looking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asses

looking glass spectacle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 10:29 PM   #4953
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Just ordered from Honest Jon's the 4 Men With Beards Deluxe Vinyl Reissue Wallet Breaking Mega Versions of:

John Fahey - America (2LP)

and

Tim Buckley - Blue Afternoon

Hell yeah! Should help with the post-Christmas come down...
Old 12.21.2009, 06:00 AM   #4954
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka

King Diamond - Abigail

Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil

Judas Priest - Stained Class
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 04:27 PM   #4955
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses

And as a gift from a friend:

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 04:28 PM   #4956
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Also bought this at the end of my shift, this has been selling like crazy at the CD warehouse I work at today:

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 04:45 PM   #4957
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses

wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 05:16 PM   #4958
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Everything on this page is pretty cool. Neat!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 06:15 PM   #4959
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Everything on this page is pretty cool.
Certainly looks like the bargain bins have been taking a pounding.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 07:41 PM   #4960
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Also bought this at the end of my shift, this has been selling like crazy at the CD warehouse I work at today:

I need to get this soon. "Bedrock" is good. "Every Girl" is a great single.
198238245246247 248 249250251258298348 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth