Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.02.2017, 09:01 AM   #40341
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's the other way around man

both are drugs

the psychoactive stuff is illegal in most states right now (but that should change)

the non-psychoactive stuff is legal with prescription and the scientists are working on it

basically, medical marijuana is kinda like XIX century medicine. arnica tincture. root decoctions. eye of newt.

what science is trying to do is isolate the compounds and put them into a pill/patch/injection/whatever for maximum benefits and minimum side effects.

personally, i want side effects! makes ideas more vivid. but if say i'm an astronaut who develops pain while doing a 6-month stint at an orbital station maybe the psychoactive parts are best avoided. right?

which makes me wonder how many people have gotten stoned in space. there's gotta be a few. confess!

anyway other uses: sea captains. heart surgeons. electrical linemen. etc.

No, no.. sorry, I know this. I've actually had a few really gnarly seizures in my time. Not enough to be epileptic, but enough to be on the lookout for any possible new treatments that don't completely dampen one's personality (like Dilantin, lithium) or cause a lot of unwanted side effects (Neurontin, Lyrica), or that aren't meds I'm already taking for anxiety that I "can't" take more for of for another reason.

I know where things stand with the psychoactive element of cannabis (hell man, I am from Washington after all ), and I am (or thought I was) up-to-date on the non-THC cannibanoids or whatever. My comment was just a response to confusing posts here in this thread.

But I get it — the CBDs are being still in the testing phase, so while some results might be available, they're still not legal, because nobody knows exactly what the fuck to do with them yet.

But evollove had me perking up when it seemed that he was suggesting that CBD edibles were somehow on the market and legal. I know THC edibles are on the market and legal in places. I know that the legality of THC is in a really confusing state of constant flux, where municipalities and such can choose to open dispensaries, even in non fully-recreational states, but that those decisions are always in danger of being shut down by existing federal restrictions.

As for getting high in space ...
(sidenote: this is why I love talking to you... we start on one topic, and end up talking about how astronauts get fucked up. You can't ask for more interesting conversation)

... I'm, like, 99.999% sure that anyone venturing into the big black goes with a fully stocked medicine cabinet. Space madness is a real thing! You can bet your motherloving arse that our pioneering helmeted-heroes head into the void with more Valium, morphine, anti-convulsants, sleep medications, muscle relaxants and, likely, high-potency smart drugs and amphetamines than they could hope to take in a lifetime.

Plus, I'll bet they have a shit-ton of crazy space-drugs made just for this purpose by NASA. Probably no weed, but I'll bet there's at least some kind of superdrug that kills pain, relieves anxiety, stimulates focus, increases strength, and so on ALL AT ONCE.
Basically, I'll bet they have the Limitless drug, and I'll bet it fucking rocks, and does everything you need it to.

So... after writing that paragraph, I've decided to join NASA as a drug monkey. I'll write about my experience and make a best-seller out of it.

These are great ideas I'm having. Who needs weed?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2017, 09:10 AM   #40342
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Yah, I know they're both drugs too. But THC is "druggy" and CBDs are, ostensibly, not. By "druggy" I mean psychotropic. I could well be wrong, but it seems the studies I've read on non-THC cannabanoids in regard to their effectiveness as treatments for pain and epilepsy in children, point to a distinctly non-up-fucking.

And I *hate* being fucked up in the way that THC fucks a guy up.
Old 06.02.2017, 09:11 AM   #40343
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
What the fuck? Am I that shitty a writer? Did you even click the link I provided? Fucking CBD chewables. Fucking says at the bottom "Wellspring does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the US Controlled Substances Act."

https://www.wellspringcbd.com/iris-g...-cbd-chewables

Neg repped and banned. Again.

---

I love being high.

But at the end of the day when I have nothing else to do.

Stress/anxiety reduction and other benefits would be a big help for the rest of the day. I got shit to do and can't be baked all the time. I'm still excited about this.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2017, 09:47 AM   #40344
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Being able to find a good sativa helps me throughout the day. But that shit is hard to find on the streets....most are indica majority hybrids. A lot of dealers just throw made up names at ya or don't even really care for strains.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2017, 12:15 PM   #40345
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I simply can't be bothered with daily tasks when I'm high. I know some people like to smoke up and clean the house or whatever, but I'm very much the opposite. And leaving the house to run an errand? Forget about it.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2017, 01:10 PM   #40346
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
some weed is good for "mota-vation" if you need to do repetitive or arduous tasks, such as house cleaning, fruit picking, etc. That's what people in the service indstry tell me. trhe kind of weed i smoke is no good for that. it is more for deragement...... now to go spin some new lil' boat......
Old 06.02.2017, 01:19 PM   #40347
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Rob Instigator]"mota-vation" /QUOTE]

haaaaa aaaaa haaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa

took me like 10 seconds to get that, i confess
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2017, 01:28 PM   #40348
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yah, I know they're both drugs too. But THC is "druggy" and CBDs are, ostensibly, not. By "druggy" I mean psychotropic. I could well be wrong, but it seems the studies I've read on non-THC cannabanoids in regard to their effectiveness as treatments for pain and epilepsy in children, point to a distinctly non-up-fucking.

And I *hate* being fucked up in the way that THC fucks a guy up.

ha ha, you said it backwards tho. read above. you said "ok, so the non-druggy stuff is illegal...?" etc

but anyway

how does THC fuck a guy up? too much paranoias?
Old 06.02.2017, 01:37 PM   #40349
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Paranoia and tiredness are main complaints I've heard.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2017, 01:47 PM   #40350
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the paranoia should go away once it's legal everywhere, i imagine

i mean all the paranoia is always about "omfg im stoned and people are gonna know" and having to do shit in hiding. but go to colorado, and blam, no, it's all good

as for tiredeness--that's what happens at the end of any exertion, and a mental exertion is no exception. right?
Old 06.02.2017, 01:55 PM   #40351
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

eta: apparently not so much!

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ranoia/490559/
Old 06.02.2017, 06:18 PM   #40352
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
What the fuck? Am I that shitty a writer? Did you even click the link I provided? Fucking CBD chewables. Fucking says at the bottom "Wellspring does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the US Controlled Substances Act."

https://www.wellspringcbd.com/iris-g...-cbd-chewables

Neg repped and banned. Again.

Ah... well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I guess only THC is illegal, not the other stuff. Who knew.

Based on light research, it is perfectly legal. No rx needed

^^^ this is not very clearly written. I didn't click your link, but Jesus man. It reads as though you're contradicting yourself. Like, immediately.

But no worries. I mean, unless you're worried about clarity and making sense

P.s. Your ass better not have neg repped me. I've only neg repped THREE assholes in my history on this board, and boy oh boy did they deserve it. You were not one of them.

Also I've never been banned.

Wait, do you think I'm pepper_green? Please don't think that. That would hurt.
Old 06.02.2017, 06:22 PM   #40353
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
ha ha, you said it backwards tho. read above. you said "ok, so the non-druggy stuff is illegal...?" etc

but anyway

how does THC fuck a guy up? too much paranoias?

Yeah. The CBDs are the "non-druggy stuff." The THC is most definitely "druggy." Evollove said only the THC was legal (then, "Who knew?") So, THC = legal(ish... in some places). CBD = not legal.

I don't think I did say it backwards, but maybe...?

LOTS of misunderstandings today. I think we're all perfectly stoned and don't need to worry about procuring new methods for fuckedupedness.

Also, are you really asking how THC fucks someone up?
Have you ever smoked pot? 'Cuz that's how. By "fucked up" I mean "stoned."

What's happening right now? Did I just type all of that out loud?
Old 06.02.2017, 06:27 PM   #40354
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah. The CBDs are the "non-druggy stuff." The THC is most definitely "druggy." Evollove said only the THC was legal (then, "Who knew?") So, THC = legal(ish... in some places). CBD = not legal.

I don't think I did say it backwards, but maybe...?

LOTS of misunderstandings today. I think we're all perfectly stoned and don't need to worry about procuring new methods for fuckedupedness.

Also, are you really asking how THC fucks someone up?
Have you ever smoked pot? 'Cuz that's how. By "fucked up" I mean "stoned."

What's happening right now? Did I just type all of that out loud?

i read it how you meant it as something negative

like-- too much rum will fuck you up in a true way.

getting stoned is a true boon. unless you're in the army
Old 06.02.2017, 10:12 PM   #40355
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Isn't it weird all the people who used to post here? It's like in high school you think you'll know those people forever and one day you realize how many years it's been.
Old 06.03.2017, 02:11 PM   #40356
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
i read it how you meant it as something negative

like-- too much rum will fuck you up in a true way.

getting stoned is a true boon. unless you're in the army

Gotcha. I get that.

Getting stoned is NOT a boon for me though. It happened a few weeks ago... entirely by accident, actually, and holy WOW was I unprepared for that shit. I'm way too anxious for what weed does to the brain. Even when I'm completely sober I tend to idle very high, so being stoned is actually kind of a nightmare for me.

Wasn't when I was younger, and I did it every day and built a tolerance, but I also (no joke) went almost an entire year without reading a book from beginning to end when I was smoking daily. I usually read constantly, and I was back to slammin' novels like shots within a week or so of having no THC in my system.

Dumb stuff.
Old 06.03.2017, 03:28 PM   #40357
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

you know what gives me anxiety, fucking insufferable anxiety?

this champions league final

i can't stop watching but i have to look away but i can't stop watching etc

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

anyway will answer the rest later
Old 06.03.2017, 04:06 PM   #40358
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
That's the beauty of football, man

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2017, 04:07 PM   #40359
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
what is champions league? I don't pay attention to esports. I tried to watch Heroes Of The Dorm one year and it was like they were playing a different game than the one I'd played. Wow.

EDIT: Oh soccer? Haha. Sorry. No idea. "Champions League" sounds like an esport haha.
Old 06.03.2017, 05:07 PM   #40360
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
what is champions league? I don't pay attention to esports. I tried to watch Heroes Of The Dorm one year and it was like they were playing a different game than the one I'd played. Wow.

EDIT: Oh soccer? Haha. Sorry. No idea. "Champions League" sounds like an esport haha.

it's like FIFA but with real humans
1518191819682008201520162017 2018 201920202021202820682118 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth