Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bitch about things you are pissed off about II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2019, 03:37 AM   #2701
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Anyway, I bought two big fans online on Sunday to relieve e myself from the heat. But one will come tomorrow, and the other only Thursday when probably the heatwave is already over. I do will get a thermometer this afternoon so I can measure how hot it is indoors. I don't really need one to tell it's warm Sitting on the balcony under the parasol, there's a little wind so it's still Ok for now

one of the fans arrived on Tuesday like it was supposed to. The second one was scheduled to arrive on Thursday. But I don't have it yet. The tracking system says it's still in the wharehouse ...
Just now the doorbell rang (it's 10:30AM). And I opened the door in joy thinking it was the delivery guy. No, it was two other guys wanting to talk to me about GOD.

I don't need God, I need a fan! It will be 35 degrees today!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2019, 08:16 PM   #2702
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Substitute teacher we have for IT went up to me and basically told me to take my earbuds out.

I'm sorry, but I'm sitting here quietly, doing my work and not distracting anyone else! You're essentially a glorified babysitter here anyway.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2019, 08:06 PM   #2703
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Saw my last crush walking out of the classroom I was walking into, cuddling up with her boyfriend. So many feels.
Old 07.23.2019, 07:43 PM   #2704
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Two things:

1. Last night I spent some time getting really intimate with an online friend, and this morning I woke up with a lot of frustrating/complicated thoughts on it. I'm 17, I'm too young for this shit (and yes, I know that's not how it works).

2. I only have one night rather than two to finish revising for the last part of my English Language assignment - I was forgetful and thought we had the class on Friday instead of Thursday.
Old 07.23.2019, 10:53 PM   #2705
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

I keep losing my fucking pens
Old 07.24.2019, 12:03 AM   #2706
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
we're having yet another heatwave, this one will be even worse than the one of last month. Today and tomorrow it will be up to 38 degrees Celsius, possibly even 40. The highest temperature ever measured in Netherlands was 38,6 in 1944.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I keep losing my fucking pens

it's 7AM, my eyes are still sleeping and I read penis

Old 07.24.2019, 01:07 AM   #2707
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
it's 7AM, my eyes are still sleeping and I read penis

Oh, I wish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4
Old 07.24.2019, 07:09 PM   #2708
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Just had the worst designed science experiment ever. We were measuring gravity and acceleration and stuff (mainly to get a handle on the formulae), and we were testing this by dropping a bunch of balls from a high foyer in the performing arts centre. All well and good, except give a bunch of teenage boys the opportunity to throw balls around and shit ensues.

Also, there was a band who was playing in the area at the same time, so it was loud. I hate school sometimes.
Old 07.24.2019, 07:17 PM   #2709
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Just had the worst designed science experiment ever. We were measuring gravity and acceleration and stuff (mainly to get a handle on the formulae), and we were testing this by dropping a bunch of balls from a high foyer in the performing arts centre. All well and good, except give a bunch of teenage boys the opportunity to throw balls around and shit ensues.

Also, there was a band who was playing in the area at the same time, so it was loud. I hate school sometimes.
oh child, you need to laugh more. for life is but a shit—when you look at it—etc etc

seriously, you need a sense of humor to be your shield in such occasions. can’t live life with serious raw nerve endings sending unprocessed signals to your logic boards, overloading.

i know you’re autistic but i don’t know a lot about it. i think i have a touch of the spectrum but that makes me more eccentric than fully diagnosable. meaning i’m odd, but i manage.

so, the question is—what makes you laugh? and how can you get more of it?

i’m expecting an answer so please don’t ignore or post an avoidant non-sequitur. want people to listen to you, has to go back and forth. yes? yes.

so, what makes you laugh? (me: it’s that story you’re telling above. also, the life of brian, lmao). do tell.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2019, 07:26 PM   #2710
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ps if you’re into film i seriously recommend watching jean vigo’s zéro de conduite. classic.
Old 07.24.2019, 07:27 PM   #2711
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh child, you need to laugh more. for life is but a shit—when you look at it—etc etc

seriously, you need a sense of humor to be your shield in such occasions. can’t live life with serious raw nerve endings sending unprocessed signals to your logic boards, overloading.

i know you’re autistic but i don’t know a lot about it. i think i have a touch of the spectrum but that makes me more eccentric than fully diagnosable.

so, the question is—what makes you laugh? and how can you get more of it?

i’m expecting an answer so please don’t post an avoidant non-sequitur. want people to talk to you, has to go back and forth. yes? yes.

so, what makes you laugh? (me: it’s that story you’re telling above)
See, it's exactly the overload that gets to me - this probably would've been fine if the band hadn't been there, or alternatively if our class had been smaller.

My sense of humour generally goes towards sarcasm - the whole ironic detachment shtick. Honestly, I tell way too many awful jokes.
But I think that it's not the most stable way to get through life, just dealing with whatever issues are going on with a whole 'haha it'll be fine' thing...but as I'm writing this I know that I'm going straight into exactly what you're saying.

(And honestly? I try to avoid thinking of myself as autistic whenever possible. I know it's a big factor in me being overemotional and sensitive [but that might just be teenage stuff? who knows], but I want to pass for 'normal'. Not so I can drift with the mainstream, but so that I don't just get written off.)
Old 07.24.2019, 07:48 PM   #2712
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
See, it's exactly the overload that gets to me - this probably would've been fine if the band hadn't been there, or alternatively if our class had been smaller.

My sense of humour generally goes towards sarcasm - the whole ironic detachment shtick. Honestly, I tell way too many awful jokes.
But I think that it's not the most stable way to get through life, just dealing with whatever issues are going on with a whole 'haha it'll be fine' thing...but as I'm writing this I know that I'm going straight into exactly what you're saying.

(And honestly? I try to avoid thinking of myself as autistic whenever possible. I know it's a big factor in me being overemotional and sensitive [but that might just be teenage stuff? who knows], but I want to pass for 'normal'. Not so I can drift with the mainstream, but so that I don't just get written off.)

i actually saw that temple grandin movie and could relate tangentially in spots. iget the overload. i’m the neighbor with noise complaints. and go to the supermarket wearing headphones to prevent shitty music in my head.

but looking at your humor, it might be a one-up game. meaning sarcasm is a putdown, and when you direct your sarcasm at another, it puts you on top of the target. they might not appreciate that.

self-deprecation lets you direct the sarcasm at yourself so you don’t take yourself toooooooo seeeeeeeeriously. if you want to fit in, that is a good quality to have. not guilt and shame, but the ability to laugh at yourself and brush off one’s inevitable failings.

i get you wanting to make meaning out of life, and i get the frustration of having to deal with immature/unready/ dumb people. but at the same time, life is absurd, people are absurd, and that does not have to be a bitter thing to realize, to accept and even to embrace. we all have limits! grandiosity always runs teeth-first into a wall.

laughter is not a defeat, it’s a good and healthy coping mechanism.

check out the life of brian, which is where that picture tunic posted comes from. hillllllllaaaaaaarious movie and the song that ends it is a classic. all of monty python really has to do with being a sentient being in a dumb world. [eta: and yes, that dumb world includes the “intellectuals” among other snobs]

but also there’s the... realization that we’re all part of the same ridiculous dumb scheme. and in that, compassion—not the sorry kind, but seeing yourself in the other. you, also, are, or can be, the goofy ball-throwing teenager. part of you wants to. “there but for the grace of god go i”, or something.

zorba the greek is a cheesy movie some think is a classic, and it’s... both. too much of a “lesson” in it, but the actors put on a good show and redeem it. it’s basically a grownup version of your physics experiment, hahaha. but not really. everyone is trying! check it out perhaps.

ok! i hope you see those. and find more modalities of humor. life is really fucking hilarious/sad/hilarious/sad/etc. don’t miss the funny parts, you only live once.

ps- and don’t worry, you will find more nerds to do much more complicated experiments with. have patience... and get into a good university.
Old 07.25.2019, 05:31 AM   #2713
_tunic_
invito al cielo

I think I've said this a couple of times already, but I've seen Life of Brian dozens of times in my teens. We had a Religion teacher in high school, who every time he didn't feel like teaching would just slip in the VHS of that movie into the player and we would watch the movie, and only that movie not any other. And that was many many times, at least to my recollection
and this was at a catholic school

that same teacher also gave Social Studies (at least that is the direct translation of it from Dutch). Oh boy, what a great hours those were for napping.

But this is the bitch thread, so let's continue to bitch here:
my town broke the heat record yesterday that had lasted since 1944: 39,3 degrees Celsius. Hurray!! And today it will be even warmer, in the weekend it will cool off again a bit with thunder and rain to be expected.
Right now it's 29.5 degrees indoor (it's 1PM)

and the national airport Schiphol was a mess yesterday (and still today probably), big big huge mess. Perhaps you heard about it. There was a problem with the fuel delivery system, no planes could fly out anymore. So hundreds of people were stranded and had to spend the night at the airport on camp beds or just one the floor because all hotels were already overbooked due to the holiday season. And this is on one of the busiest weeks of the year, in this heat. There were people that were lucky to be able to book a room online, only to arrive at the hotel to find out there were over a dozen people that had booked that same room.

Old 07.25.2019, 12:20 PM   #2714
_tunic_
invito al cielo

... and we lost the record again today . Some other town (about 50km west) got 40.7 degrees Celsius, we only got 40.3 degrees Celsius.

Old 07.26.2019, 05:20 AM   #2715
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Car failed its MOT to the tune of £554. I'm going out and getting smashed on 4 pints to kill the pain later

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2019, 12:04 PM   #2716
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Car failed its MOT to the tune of £554. I'm going out and getting smashed on 4 pints to kill the pain later
i don’t mean to post this as either anodyne or commiseration but as a partial solution to this problem coming back in the future

there is a really nice recent documentary about bicycles in the uk. i forget the name, was on amazon, tells the history of the bike widening the gene pool early 20 century, then the advent of suburban sprawl, and the new efforts to make the place where you live more bike friendly.

oh here you go

http://bicyclethefilm.com/

as i recall there is not even mention there of the electric bike, which is a vehicle that is now on the rise (im looking to buy one actually) and at this time depending on the model lets you ride something like up to 50 miles on a full charge (farther if pedal assisted)

now im not a fanatic telling you to get rid of your car. i live in the epicenter of car culture. i can’t get rid of my car. but im suggesting that the less you drive your car the longer it will last you, plus you’d get the health and endorphin and money saving benefits of a bicycle.

and sorry about that bill man. learning to wrench a bit can also reduce such costs, if you’re up for it.

so what was wrong with it? emissions?
Old 07.26.2019, 12:21 PM   #2717
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

nazi punks
Old 07.26.2019, 12:27 PM   #2718
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
As a decorator it's not even a possibility to get rid of the car. I mean, I can try and schlep everything on a bike but I can see it getting old fast!

I actually used to cycle 15 miles a day when I worked in the warehouse. After that I got lazy quickly.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2019, 12:51 PM   #2719
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
As a decorator it's not even a possibility to get rid of the car. I mean, I can try and schlep everything on a bike but I can see it getting old fast!

I actually used to cycle 15 miles a day when I worked in the warehouse. After that I got lazy quickly.
yeah no reread what i wrote
Old 07.29.2019, 08:31 AM   #2720
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
My apartment was broken into Friday while I was at work. My dog was with me at work and my cat stayed in the apartment even though both doors were wide open. They just took my modern electronics and not my arcade hardware thank god. But the worst thing is that they took the spare to my car. Fuck. Two weeks in. This is the worst. I have to live here for an entire year? I seriously feel like I was marked. Like...seriously. I’m so fucking pissed.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
86126133134135 136 137138139 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth