Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page LOW - "Double Negative"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.05.2019, 11:02 AM   #61
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't get what the fuss is about with this record. It's like Massive Attack with 4K videos.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2019, 02:14 PM   #62
Diesel
children of satan

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe it's something like what would happen if you took all of Massive Attacks' Cuntish-ness and magnified it under ultra-HD pristine diagnostics. Like looking at a steaming pile of shiny shit under a microscope. Like observing Chris Martin on a Cocaine comedown. Completely like using in-studio tricks to get a certain sound for that uber insincere digital distortion sound. Maaaybe...
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2019, 03:02 PM   #63
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

nah.
Old 01.05.2019, 03:22 PM   #64
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
***Must get Massive Attack immediately***
Skuj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2019, 03:51 PM   #65
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
I'm really enjoying C'mon.

I'm surprised that Alan lead sings on 8 of the 10 songs though. Was Mimi sipping tea on this one?
Old 01.06.2019, 07:26 AM   #66
Diesel
children of satan

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj

Oh no you dint! Marlon, oh nah you DINT' go there! Dont make me bring back the master of morals aka duh-Wayne wayanne wayans (or whichever one it is) and open a can of whoop-ass on your ass! Young maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Oof! It hurt my throat saying that. You see, truth be told people, I like to shout out loud whatever I'm writing on here. It adds a level of authenticity to this place and keeps it a bit more real. Another facet to this is the fact I like to spit every time I read an operator post: I like to slob one right on the screen sometimes. Completely out of respect for her, mind. The missus has to clean it up but it's totally worth it for that irl 4D effect that's sadly all too unfamiliar with this place for the most part.

It's strange, now I've that I've expelled this personal home truth from the cursed well of isolated bliss that is my mind, I feel like we've all bonded a little bit, yea. So what I'd like to ask you all to do as my newfound best friends is to put down your Low cd's and walk away from this unconscious nightmare you have unbeknown to yourselves befell. It's simple, just walk away. I'm not asking you to make a Hitler bonfire. I'm not asking you to nail them to a burning cross. Hell, I'm not asking you to go to Auschwitz and to recreate the Holocaust. Just..Maybe...put the cd's down... in.... a bus lane? It's ok they might not get hit by any bus. A bus could easily avoid them. Ya NEVER KNOW. Look, this is hard for me too and I understand it's a compromise for you to part with the Chris Martin cocaine comedown cover band but you have to understand it's a compromise for me too! I mean, I have to live with knowing the fact that you all walked away from a "band" you enjoy, and as you can imagine for an overltly sensitive and empathetic gender neutral pc worshipping person like myself this will be very hard. I believe in you. You can do it.

Now let's all have a group hug - even you flots - don't worry if a loose finger slips in: just see this as payback for the 12 year shit post career you have adorned us. Love you all.

-Bass player; KoRn and Deftones.
Old 01.06.2019, 09:18 AM   #67
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
sorry dude, I put you on my ignore list for a while, there's nothing but mud coming out of your mouth

sorry

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2019, 09:27 AM   #68
Diesel
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
sorry dude, I put you on my ignore list for a while, there's nothing but mud coming out of your mouth

sorry

Why is the whole "sorry, not sorry" popular on here? Are you a mentally defunct simple bitch or what?

Old 01.06.2019, 10:35 AM   #69
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Intriguing comparison, but I’m afraid Skuj may end up disappointed.

However, possibly Genteel was thinking of Owl remix loW

I wonder how difficult it would be for Low to record a stripped down record? A Low album we are all familiar with, but haven’t seen from them in a long time?
Possibly a continuation of, When The Curtain Hits The Cast, and each track is ten minutes or longer.

Quote:

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2019, 04:17 PM   #70
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Regardless of the bullcrap Diesel has posted, and whatever one thinks of Massive Attack, I hear zero MA on Double Negative.

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2019, 04:17 AM   #71
Diesel
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Regardless of the bullcrap Diesel has posted, and whatever one thinks of Massive Attack, I hear zero MA on Double Negative.

Old 01.07.2019, 08:30 AM   #72
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

It doesnít sound anything like Massive Attack.
Old 01.07.2019, 10:45 AM   #73
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull

Massive Attack must have changed drastically from when I heard them eons ago if these comparisons are being made.
Old 01.07.2019, 04:05 PM   #74
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I wonder how difficult it would be for Low to record a stripped down record? A Low album we are all familiar with, but havenít seen from them in a long time?
Possibly a continuation of, When The Curtain Hits The Cast, and each track is ten minutes or longer.

They did release acoustic EP's of some of their most recent albums like C'mon Acoustic and The Visible End. Personally I would love to hear a Low album that is produced by Tom Herbers who is their live sound engineer since many years. So he should know by now how they sound. Looking at discogs he has produced quite a few albums over the years, but never for Low. Dark Dark Dark's albums Wild Go and Who Needs Who keep sounding so rich in natural sounds no matter how many times you listen to them.

btw the Owl remix album was released without the band's input

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2019, 09:47 PM   #75
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

Low - 2019-01-28 - BBC 6Music - Marc Riley

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 01.29.2019, 10:31 PM   #76
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull

I cannot overstate how much I love this album. I'm drunk on it. It's perfect. It seriously ranks among my 5 most favourite albums ever. It's one for the ages.

I can't wait to see what they do next......but I hope they stick with Burton, because if it ain't broke......
Old 02.13.2019, 05:21 PM   #77
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Low - 2019-01-30 - Town Hall, Birmingham, UK

Low - 2019-02-01 - Barbican, London, UK

Old 02.17.2019, 08:43 AM   #78
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I didn’t know where else to leave this:

Where Did 25 Years Go?

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2019, 07:22 PM   #79
Skuj
expwy. to yr skull

Regarding Always Trying To Work It Out.....

Is it just me and my ears, or is that track fucking loud compared to the other tracks on the cd? (Am I the only one with a cd? Lol)

I almost wonder if it is some kind of mistake. Or is it a brilliant recording statement of some kind?
Old 03.14.2019, 08:05 PM   #80
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Low - 2019/03/13 - Mous Tache Bar - Tijuana, Mexico

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth