Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page ever start disliking a band because of the musician's personality?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2010, 04:34 PM   #41
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
How about when a musician has some heinous accusations about them? I'm thinking about Jason Crumer being called out as a rapist all over the internet. I guess any person in any band can be responsible for any type of terrible activity. So I gues it's essential to separate the art from the person. I still listen to Burzum. And I alluded to Kurt Vile earlier. Seems like he's full of shit and douchy but his music is great.

I really enjoy a lot of black metal and neofolk music...there's loads of fascists, racists, misogynists, etc, spread out through both genres. Hate them as people but find their art appealing...take the bad with the good I guess.
Old 05.05.2010, 04:48 PM   #42
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the whole Drunkdriver affair got me thinking about this separating the music from the musician thing. I absolutely have no idea what a musician really is like as a person when they go on about their daily lives, for the most part, and as far as I am concerned 90 per cent of the time it takes me long enough to trust humans in the flesh when I have to deal with them myself, so I just hope that I don't end up enjoying records made by despicable people. Of course I'd be deluded if I seriously thought that musicians were all angels, and for that reason I am fine if they get the treatment they deserve, even if I love their records.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2010, 05:23 PM   #43
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I can only imagine this applies to the American noise scene. I find more uppity pricks in noise circles than anywhere else.

Every noise dude I've met is pretty weird. And some have been the worst people ever.. usually the people who take it too seriously.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth