Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.14.2016, 06:08 PM   #801
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
what? maybe he was wary of a military solution but he did support decision invading Iraq. after his departure from the State Department, Powell repeatedly emphasized his continued support for American involvement in the Iraq war.
no. powell was the #1 proponent of the military doctrine that has his name-- THE POWELL DOCTRINE. roughly it stands for going for clear objectives, with overwhelming force, and a clear exit strategy.

but he was at the state department not DOD. rumsfeld had the DOD and he
-manufactured the objectives
-fielded insufficient force that made it impossible to pacify the country
-had the idea of a perpetual colony in iraq. look at the embassy they built.

once the war is on, of course everyone has to "support the troops" but powell was fed bullshit and had massive disagreements with the rumsfeld camp that are well documented
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2016, 06:12 PM   #802
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Russia is laughing at Trump because they can see through the smoke screen. the geopolitical tensions between Russia and US are so complex that no "reset" like Obama tried or no Trumpisms are going to make for some kind of instant fix. there are way to many uncontrollable parameters in play, Putin knows this, US knows this, even Trump knows this. its his braindead jingoistic "constituents" who seem to be so gullible, which is no small irony considering that just two decades ago most of them were rabid anti-Russians!

I do not think so. Russia would welcome warm relations with US. it is a smoke screen sold by mainstream media that Russia is "laughing". yeah, geopolitical tensions are tense and complex I agree, especially while NATO is expanding and military bases are being build all around. it is just that Russia wont submit to let "America in" since Putin is president just want to be sovereign nation and obviously America doesn't like it and that goes for any other nation in the world who wants to be sovereign. it is like automaticly you are becoming an enemy to States. and that Krimea, it was always Russian and also most of the people living there are russians. there was referendum which followed a parliamentary vote in which 78 out of 100 of Crimea's parliamentarians voted in favour of Crimea seceding from Ukraine.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2016, 06:15 PM   #803
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
you work for RT or nah?

Russia has conflicting economic and political interests with US in AT LEAST two dozen nations. Russia doent want "warm relations" with US, Russia is not the kind of government or society that gives any fucks about feelings. Russia and Russians care about their bottom line, and Americanvbottom line is in conflict with Russia in many ways.

oh yeah, if Ukrainians wanted annexation why all the dead people?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2016, 06:23 PM   #804
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the geopolitical tensions between Russia and US are so complex that no "reset" like Obama tried [...]

Incidentally, on that first official meeting, HRC gave Sergei Lavrov a "reset button" (kinda like those "alarm buttons" or "nuclear attack" buttons you see in cartoons) to symbolize the start of a new era (didn't happen, I know). The button had the word "reset" in English and Russian...

...except somebody at the State Department fucked up: "peregruzka" actually means "overcharge". Lavrov told Hillary, but they both pressed the button anyway. So no whining now, Russia!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2016, 06:27 PM   #805
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Incidentally, Episode II: While researching the anecdote above, check out what Google suggested for "hillary":

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 09.14.2016, 06:28 PM   #806
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
rumsfeld stood in front of the press and said "la la la its not happening the looting is not happening the violence is not happening i havent seen it" noone called him on it. this is because jean baudrillard is a post modern solipsist and we anglo americans believe in EMPIRICAL REALITY unlike the goddamn french. speaking of which who said that iraq would turn into isisland? oh yes another goddamn reality denying frenchman. and who stood in front of the twin towers in the 70's and said the only force capable of defeating them was islam? yeah same FRENCH guy. thank the AMERIKAN god for the baghdad mcdonalds and milton friedman statue that rumsfeld PROMISED AND DELIVERED in REALITY not his goddamn imagination.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2016, 06:28 PM   #807
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh yeah, if Ukrainians wanted annexation why all the dead people?

you mean dead russian people in origin living in that part of Ukraine killed by mostly Ukrainian army yeah?

Old 09.14.2016, 06:36 PM   #808
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you mean dead russian people in origin living in that part of Ukraine killed by mostly Ukrainian army yeah?

Yet that is not all the dead people now is it, wars always have two sides. i don't sip US kool aid, i don't sip Russian kool aid, you might try doing the same

Old 09.14.2016, 06:49 PM   #809
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

From The Huffington Post:

Quote:
Congrats, Media. You Just Got Trump’d
How did we get here?

I thought we had reached rock bottom. But we had oh so much lower to go. Cue the music, because we have CNN BREAKING NEWS!

That’s right! After saying he would give medical records to Dr. Oz, Trump’s campaign said, this morning, that he wouldn’t. That caused a lot of “Breaking News” graphics on CNN and general media hysteria. But, now, Donald Trump changed his mind again. If that isn’t worth breaking news coverage, I don’t know what is.

Hey, remember that bombshell story from Newsweek’s Kurt Eichenwald, today, about the inextricable financial ties to foreign governments and criminals Trump has, through the Trump Organization?

Forget it! We have breaking news about Donald Trump giving medical records to Dr. Oz when he said he wouldn’t.

And what did he apparently give to Dr. Oz?

A one-page summary of his physical, without giving any access to his exam records.

In short, nothing useful.

Junk.

Yet, look at the initial headlines, regarding this one-pager release:

Trump shares results from physical exam on ‘Dr. Oz Show’” - The Hill

Donald Trump reveals medical results during Dr. Oz taping” - ABC Action News

“Trump Flips Again, Gives Medical Document to Dr. Oz” - Daily Beast

Seeing those headlines, you’d think Donald Trump actually put out material that a doctor could use to really gain insight into someone’s health, not a worthless one-pager that gives no new insight into his health.

Maybe we could find out more by interviewing a totally objective person, who was in the audience of the show.

Yeah, this guy looks legit objective

Yes, CNN interviewed this guy to give them a no-BS assessment of what happened during the Dr. Oz taping. He said things like “Dr. Oz was very impressed” and that he was really proud of Trump’s “transparency.”

Really.

How did we get here?

Well, Trump played the media perfectly. Perfectly.

Like the contractors he’s scammed time and time again, Donald Trump made a deal with Dr. Oz. He would release his medical records to Dr. Oz, and discuss parts of them, on air.

He let the show go and promote the hell out of it. Media waited with bated breath.

Then, just like he did with contractors who helped build his developments, he reneged. No health records. Take it or leave it.

What’s Dr. Oz supposed to do? He just put everything he had into promoting this show. People are tuning in. It is too late to scrap the program. Just like contractors, he was stuck. He had to take what Trump was offering.

Likewise, the news media now had been following this Dr. Oz appearance like LeBron James was a free agent, looking for a new team, again.

They invested all they had in following this story. They couldn’t bail either. In fact, this new development made everything more exciting. What was going on? First he said he would release records to Dr. Oz. Now he says he isn’t!

Finally, the coup de grâce. Trump releases something after all. No matter that it is a worthless one-page summary. It was a drip of water for a parched media, aching for any info Trump was willing to give them.

“Donald Trump surprises Dr. Oz with results of recent physical” - CNN.com

Huzzah! The benevolent Donald Trump came through for us, after all! He surprised us with a gift!

And there you go. Segment after segment, and two news cycles down the drain, following the journey of Trump to Oz.

I don’t need an exam ― or even a BS one-pager ― to explain why it’s sickening.

Old 09.14.2016, 06:53 PM   #810
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
you work for RT or nah?

Russia has conflicting economic and political interests with US in AT LEAST two dozen nations. Russia doent want "warm relations" with US, Russia is not the kind of government or society that gives any fucks about feelings. Russia and Russians care about their bottom line, and Americanvbottom line is in conflict with Russia in many ways.

so it is even. they have their geopolitical interests as well and fights for what they think they are entitled to. same like Americans.. doesn't mean they do not want have warm relations. it is seems like American government doesnt want warm relations more. it Russia, Russia, Russia responsible for everything bad what happens these days, bit like overhyped. I am not working for RT (haha), but I do check Russian news sometime and they are not so anti American). I have nothing against you, it is just I have that feeling like there's still that post cold war programming in America, but I am not wondering why.

yeah, it is so complicated. and in the end it is one big scam on us (as in people).

Old 09.14.2016, 06:58 PM   #811
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
milton friedman
capitalism and freedom all the way....

Old 09.14.2016, 07:00 PM   #812
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yet that is not all the dead people now is it, wars always have two sides. i don't sip US kool aid, i don't sip Russian kool aid, you might try doing the same

in Donbass region? mostly.

Old 09.14.2016, 08:58 PM   #813
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
so it is even. they have their geopolitical interests as well and fights for what they think they are entitled to. same like Americans..

i am as critical of American foreign policy as Russia's, both sides are wrong in many ways.

Quote:
doesn't mean they do not want have warm relations.
when so many of those interests are competing that is exactly what it means and like i said Russia isn't known for its feelings. it hasn't been called The Bear for a thousand years because its in touch with its emotions

Quote:

it is seems like American government doesnt want warm relations more. it Russia, Russia, Russia responsible for everything bad what happens these days, bit like overhyped.

while the media hype is obviously a textbook example of American deflecting, again, when the interests of both nations are in conflict its not surprising. after all, its not like in Russia their media portrays America as a great ally either.

Quote:
I am not working for RT (haha), but I do check Russian news sometime and they are not so anti American). I have nothing against you, it is just I have that feeling like there's still that post cold war programming in America, but I am not wondering why.

i am an Orthodox Christian, i obviously have a lot of respect and appreciation for Russia and Russian people. but i am also critical of corruption, militarism, and shady black ops arms running, drug dealing, and interfering in international politics. so yeah, i am hyper critical of both MY OWN COUNTRY AND RUSSIA who are both equally the worst offenders at all of the above.

Quote:
yeah, it is so complicated. and in the end it is one big scam on us (as in people).

yes there is a lot of nudge nudge wink wink shit going on, but Putin is a total fucker and is as guilty of it as anyone and frankly it PISSES me off to see so many people supporting his bullshit.

its a total false narrative and false dichotomy, this "America bad, Putin good" shit i encounter very frequently in recent years. as i mentioned, i am an Orthodox Christian so i encounter this a lot

Old 09.14.2016, 09:01 PM   #814
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

especially with this total clusterfuck in Syria where supposedly Putin is a hero for sending Russia air strikes to kill many thousands of Syrian civilians.

Old 09.14.2016, 09:22 PM   #815
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
"Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?"

up until now i really didn't think so. now that hillary shot herself in the foot i don't know anymore. there was a conspiracy she was seriously ill. she finds out she is seriously ill - and then doesn't immediately hold a press conference! she had to have known this was going to leak. instead of saying she did it because she was still deciding how to break it, she says she didn't think it was relevant. all she had to do was come out immediately and say "it turns out i have pneumonia, but i believe i'm the better candidate for office so i'm going to carry on and fight!" people would feel sorry for her and respect her resolve.
aand she says nearly a quarter of americans are sexist, racist, xenophobic and islamiphobic. funny thing is, she's right. the news pundits say the same thing every night. but she shouldn't say it. it was a dumb gaffe. you are trying to win over trump supporters, not alienate them.

I think the liberals should put forth their own conspiracy theory: donald trump infected clinton with pneumonia. crazy thing is i can actually see that happening.
in the smoke filled room:
"that giulliani conspiracy theory is great! we need more!" ... "wait, i've got an idea - what if it were true?"
"let's slip something into her water! but what?"
"let's give her pneumonia! it'll knock her on her ass, but with today's medicine probably won't kill her. but it did kill william henry harrelson in office so people will go apeshit!"
"brilliant!"
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2016, 09:38 PM   #816
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

yeah Overlord Hillary definitely slipped on a banana peel on this pneumonia BUT like i said, it won't improve any of Trump's numbers in one bit. too many Republicans on the street have already said they will vote for Hillary Clinton and anyone who has lived in America for long enoughncan see just how radical that statement is. GOP and the Clintons are mortal enemies. that Trump is so toxic that any let alone many Republicans will vote for her is a monumental political shift. frankly its unbelievable but yet its totally understandable

Old 09.14.2016, 10:45 PM   #817
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yeah Overlord Hillary definitely slipped on a banana peel on this pneumonia BUT like i said, it won't improve any of Trump's numbers in one bit. too many Republicans on the street have already said they will vote for Hillary Clinton and anyone who has lived in America for long enoughncan see just how radical that statement is. GOP and the Clintons are mortal enemies. that Trump is so toxic that any let alone many Republicans will vote for her is a monumental political shift. frankly its unbelievable but yet its totally understandable
per today's washington post i recall from this morning trump was even with hillary in ohio and up by 5 in florida

huffpo reports polls having trump ahead in ohio by 5 and florida by 3 (bloomberg & cnn)

in the immortal words of yogi berra--- remember france at the euros
Old 09.15.2016, 07:16 AM   #818
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
The wise ones are mentally preparing for a Trump win.

Worst case: we'll be wrong.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2016, 10:27 AM   #819
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
The wise ones are mentally preparing for a Trump win.

Worst case: we'll be wrong.

chris cillizza is no slouch when it comes to analyzing horse races

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...the-2016-race/

apatheia ftw

or atharaxia when possible
Old 09.15.2016, 10:30 AM   #820
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
nah, I'm betting on Clinton. I think the Trumpo momentum has reached it's apogee. Anyone on for a bet?
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
383940 41 4243445191141 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth