Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.25.2009, 03:08 PM   #8661
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
...?

Your taste in movies genuinely sucks?!
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 03:10 PM   #8662
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I hope you're being sarcastic.

james cameron is a horrible shithead blowhard of a filmmaker

perhaps in his personal life he's a cool motherfucker, and no doubt he commands a lot of industry power, but i'm afraid it's all wasted in the making of mass-pleasing turds. he's to directors what jerry fucking bruckheimer is to producers.

the new bad lieutenant is a werner herzog movie-- i don't know if he's ever made a film turd-- ok, that stupid movie in the desert is a bit dull if you are not in the right mindset, with the popol vuh text, but it's pretty low key he didn't waste a bazillion dollars in it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 03:21 PM   #8663
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i thought james cameron must have done some good stuff, but i looked him up on imdb and it appears to be 100% shit
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 03:34 PM   #8664
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
james cameron is a horrible shithead blowhard of a filmmaker

perhaps in his personal life he's a cool motherfucker, and no doubt he commands a lot of industry power, but i'm afraid it's all wasted in the making of mass-pleasing turds. he's to directors what jerry fucking bruckheimer is to producers.

the new bad lieutenant is a werner herzog movie-- i don't know if he's ever made a film turd-- ok, that stupid movie in the desert is a bit dull if you are not in the right mindset, with the popol vuh text, but it's pretty low key he didn't waste a bazillion dollars in it.

Werner Herzog is clearly popular with the clique of contrived cineastes who go for all that arty farty, existential crap. Thank God for the likes of James Cameron.
Old 11.25.2009, 03:39 PM   #8665
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Your taste in movies genuinely sucks?!

Quote:
werner herzog movie

Yeah, are you implying that liking Werner Herzog implies terrible taste? Because if so, what the fuck? I mean I would generally say that being into Herzog is one of the best tests there is for seeing at a glance if someone has GOOD taste in movies...

EDIT: When I wrote this, Keeping It Simple had not posted a reply.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 03:40 PM   #8666
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Werner Herzog is clearly popular with the clique of contrived cineastes who go for all that arty farty, existential crap.

What Herzog films have you actually taken the time to watch carfully all the way through?
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 03:41 PM   #8667
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Yeah, are you implying that liking Werner Herzog implies terrible taste? Because if so, what the fuck? I mean I would generally say that being into Herzog is one of the best tests there is for seeing at a glance if someone has GOOD taste in movies...

Yeah. Does people having opposite views spook you?
Old 11.25.2009, 03:43 PM   #8668
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

EDIT: When I wrote this, Keeping It Simple had not posted a reply.

no, no, i fucking love herzog-- maybe not that desert movie though-- FATA MORGANA-- yeah. i mean it has beautiful shots but i inevitably sleep.

that's what i was saying (in a way), that adam's reply wasn't sarcasm (loving bad lieutenant and hating cameron)-- it's perfectly right to do that.

james cameron is a fucking turd. his best work was probably the screenplay to strange days, which he didn't direct and it's not 100% bad thanks mostly to juliette lewis.
Old 11.25.2009, 03:45 PM   #8669
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
What Herzog films have you actually taken the time to watch carfully all the way through?

When you read "Herzog's films have received considerable critical acclaim and achieved popularity on the art house circuit", you know what to expect when you see a movie of his.
Old 11.25.2009, 03:50 PM   #8670
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
if he had directed strange days it would have sucked far more than it did.

Cameron can write a good flick

Rambo, terminator, aliens, terminator 2, true lies, strange days,
Old 11.25.2009, 03:52 PM   #8671
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
i thought james cameron must have done some good stuff, but i looked him up on imdb and it appears to be 100% shit

"The Terminator", "Aliens", "Terminator 2: Judgment Day", "True Lies" and "Titanic" are shit? Get real, pseud.
Old 11.25.2009, 04:01 PM   #8672
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
"The Terminator", "Aliens", "Terminator 2: Judgment Day", "True Lies" and "Titanic" are shit? Get real, pseud.
the first terminator is a good b movie. lots of chases. bleep bleep bleep. run run run. i see you with my laser eye.

terminator 2-- blegh. all special effects and no substance.

aliens - a spectacle of explosions and crapola and a terrible sequel to the original riddley scott's alien which was a great little movie when it came out

true lies-- a total piece of shit promoting cartoonish american suburban lifestyles and painting a-rabs as the stereotypical villains. pathetic.

titanic -- kate winslet is hot, i adore her-- let the other fuckers die
Old 11.25.2009, 04:06 PM   #8673
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
the first terminator is a good b movie. lots of chases. bleep bleep bleep. run run run. i see you with my laser eye.

terminator 2-- blegh. all special effects and no substance.

aliens - a spectacle of explosions and crapola and a terrible sequel to the original riddley scott's alien which was a great little movie when it came out

true lies-- a total piece of shit promoting cartoonish american suburban lifestyles and painting a-rabs as the stereotypical villains. pathetic.

titanic -- kate winslet is hot, i adore her-- let the other fuckers die

It must bruise your bloated ego knowing nobody else agrees with you.
Old 11.25.2009, 04:11 PM   #8674
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
aside from the cocksmear that played the kid, terminator 2 is a fucking GREAT movie. it deals with so much more than the first one which was a great cyberpunk thriller.

aliens is one of the very few sequels that equals or even outdoes the original.

true lies is what Bond would be if he were american. I thought it was very witty and funny and is the first movie to actually show what a Harrier jump jet really does.

titanic was a movie for old women. it seemd like his attempt to make a grand film like gone with the wind and shit, but I wanted to see kate winslet's full thick bush.
Old 11.25.2009, 04:12 PM   #8675
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not even going to get into a debate about my "tastes". All I know is, Herzog is a real director. As in, not pretentious, takes chances, puts himself on the line for his art.. I don't enjoy everything he's done, granted, but Fata Morgana, Aguirre, and Heart of Glass alone blow away almost every other movie I have ever seen. One of the best directors of all time. Cameron is interesting, because he's actually quite a good director, see Aliens and the first Terminator, two jaw-dropping films that I hold dear to my heart. Still, he hasn't made anything I enjoy watching since Terminator 2 (granted he hasn't exactly made that many movies, PERIOD)... but, yeah, Avatar looks... like something that wouldn't appeal to me.

I re-watched Squid and the Whale. 8/10. don't you remember the last line of Godard's "A Bout De Souffle"? Belmondo calls Seberg a bitch. "Degolas." We saw it at the Thalia with the Dicksteins. I got you in for the children's price. You were pregnant with Walt.

As far as movies (not mainstream) that came out this year that I enjoyed... Thirst, Esoterica, Singularity Session, The Check Out, The Hanging Garden, K-Corea Inc, Sibling Topics, Malika S'est Envolee were all cool. I forgot that I saw Zombieland and liked it, though it wasn't exactly anything groundbreaking.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 04:17 PM   #8676
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, watched this too, almost forgot..

HARDCORE (what a great poster) - 6/10

I dig Paul Schrader but this movie was just missing something. Good writing and a great atmosphere but it just didn't do much. I dunno.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 04:24 PM   #8677
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
When you read "Herzog's films have received considerable critical acclaim and achieved popularity on the art house circuit", you know what to expect when you see a movie of his.
seriously? this might be the most ignorant thing written on this board. herzog's movies are extremely intelligent poetic films which almost deal with anti philosophy rather than coming out with a straight ahead point (this regarding your existential remark)
what i would expect from that quote is a wes anderson type movie, so obiously we do not "know what to expect"
i hope that you were joking, that is why i gave you the benefit of the doubt and didnt neg rep you.

and in honor of herzog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5D-VQMJ6jw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7hGx...eature=related
nothing beats herzogs static shots of nature with baroque music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4llQd...eature=related
and another brilliant scene of nature accompanied by some of the finest music ever written
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkAI9kALWss

now im going back to watching the bergman movie that i was watching

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 04:25 PM   #8678
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

You've opened a can of worms by saying Herzog is a "real" director.
Old 11.25.2009, 04:27 PM   #8679
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
seriously? this might be the most ignorant thing written on this board. herzog's movies are extremely intelligent poetic films which almost deal with anti philosophy rather than coming out with a straight ahead point (this regarding your existential remark)
what i would expect from that quote is a wes anderson type movie, so obiously we do not "know what to expect"
i hope that you were joking, that is why i gave you the benefit of the doubt and didnt neg rep you.

and in honor of herzog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5D-VQMJ6jw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7hGx...eature=related
nothing beats herzogs static shots of nature with baroque music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4llQd...eature=related
and another brilliant scene of nature accompanied by some of the finest music ever written
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkAI9kALWss

now im going back to watching the bergman movie that i was watching

Yeah, wouldn't wanna get "neg repped" by a Herzog fanboy.
Old 11.25.2009, 04:38 PM   #8680
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
It must bruise your bloated ego knowing nobody else agrees with you.

you're crazy projectin', i don't give a shit. matter of fact i like rob lots though we often disagree on a lot of things, atsonicpark same thing (he likes fata morgana, i fall asleep to it, he also likes gory shit i dislike).

you're the one bringing on the twattery by making ad-hominems against people who disagree with you instead of arguing your point. but if you must know, no, my ego doesn't get bruised when people disagree with me-- it grows even more fabulous in the realization of its rarity and exquisiteness--- haa ha ha haa. (that was a joke-- just in case you didn't get it).

but seriously, why are you so in need of other people's agreement? the fun of discussion is to see other people's points of view and making yours. don't get butthurt just cuz i hate your idol's work. you should thank me for showing you a perception of the universe that's never occurred to you-- that james cameron is indeed a hammy fuck with a lot of money.

i gotta go do some food shopping so i'll reply later if you retort here.
384424431432433 434 435436437444484534934 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth