Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page If you are in Liverpool on the 29th of September....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.20.2007, 06:56 AM   #1
sarramkrop

The Listening Room
Soundwalk :Take me to the river!
Soundwalk: Take me to the river
Saturday 29th September 2007, 11.00 - 12.30 am
Otterpool Park Gates
Aigburth Road / Jericho lane
Liverpool L17 5AN
£1.00

Liverpool, England

A soundwalk is a practice: it is walking without talking, focussing on
the sound around, focussing on being there rather than talking about
it. The walk usually consists of 3 x 20 minutes sessions with light
intermissions to share thoughts and reflections and then move on.

Take me to the river: Slow soundwalk
“When was the last time you went somewhere just to hear the sounds
there? Whether experienced as private meditation or as collective silence
SOUNDWALKS refresh your ears and reset your sensual awareness to where
you are, live or work.........

This is a special slow walk, Phil Morton leader of this Soundwalk:TAKE
ME TO THE RIVER: takes you on a path that lasts 10 minutes at a brisk
pace, but today will take an hour. This path down through Otterspool
Park Path to the river will take you through a range of sonic delights; of
the wood as we leave the road behind, the bridge and finally we open
up and out into the great blue horizon of the Mersey Estuary and Welsh
mountains.

This is a rare chance to slow down in the urban rush. For musicians it
is a chance to open your ears to a bigger palette of sounds. It is an
exercise in ear-cleaning, it is good fun too!

All welcome: avoid noisy bags and clothing, bring a friend and you
won’t have to explain the journey to them later! Surprise yourself”

Links:
Listening Roomhttp://www.lr.frakture.org
http://www.frakture.org/Venues/otterspool.htm

Streetmap : The postcode location is L17 5AN. This map is OK but
slightly wrong, the arrow points to a disused Otterspool Road: we meet at
the junction of Jericho lane and Aigburth Road, which you can also see
on the map.

Contact details:
Phil Morton : 0151 709 6123, mob 079995 185 82

The PRS Foundation for new music
support received from Community Foundation for Merseyside
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 07:13 AM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
One pound to take a silent stroll? Jesus.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 07:17 AM   #3
sarramkrop

It's ok, you don't have to swim all the way, you know?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 07:27 AM   #4
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Jericho Lane is not somewhere a bunch of arty philosophical types want to be hanging around.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 07:38 AM   #5
sarramkrop

Gays hang around in Jericho Lane?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 07:44 AM   #6
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Gays who are neither arty nor philosophical.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 07:52 AM   #7
sarramkrop

That brings a new meaning to the Art Fag tag.

Anyway, regardless of the usual silliness and repressed anger that seems the norm on internet forums daily, I've posted this because Phil Morton is one of the few pratictioners in the field of soundwalking (I hate this term) who I find interesting, and I thought people like Hip Priest might be keen on this sort of thing. Who did say that if you don't like noise you don't like the sound of life? Was that a dude, like you kids say, who goes by the name of Thurston Moore?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 08:07 AM   #8
sarramkrop

Sway, darling, I'm glad you haven't quoted my post like you normally do because I've heard that yours have got Aids. I've seen too many of my posts dying of Aids before and I wanna avoid that happening again.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 03:09 PM   #9
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Gays hang around in Jericho Lane?

No. If you're ever in Liverpool, mind, all the gays hang around Stanley Street. Jericho Lane is across the street from a disused Mecca Bingo between several Council Estates.

EDIT: Actually, I was thinking of Jericho Road. Jericho Lane runs along the side of a park and a recycling center. Disregard my statements.
Old 09.20.2007, 03:31 PM   #10
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
No. If you're ever in Liverpool, mind, all the gays hang around Stanley Street. Jericho Lane is across the street from a disused Mecca Bingo between several Council Estates.

EDIT: Actually, I was thinking of Jericho Road. Jericho Lane runs along the side of a park and a recycling center. Disregard my statements.

Someone is quite familiar where the fags hang around. Just saying.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 03:47 PM   #11
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Quite familiar? Understatement of the century. I have two ruthlessly homosexual uncles- I know the gay district because one of them lived in a flat on Stanley Street which also happened to have 'The Navy Bar' downstairs, which has huge rainbow flags hanging outside. And from thereon outwards you'll find 'Gbar' and other men2men establishments.
Old 09.22.2007, 04:46 AM   #12
sarramkrop

I don't quite know how an innocent thread about some walking activity got hijacked by talk of liverpudlian bummers hangouts. Best hijacking of a thread in a while, mind.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth