Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Death
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.06.2007, 03:40 PM   #81
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I agree, but doesn't the adage "there is nothing to but fear itself" sort of apply here?

all fears are illogically based. do we need to post "MAURY!! MUSTARD RUINED MY LIFE!!" here? her terror over mustard goes far beyond most people's fear of dying! it's all relative. I'm afraid of stinging/flying insects because I was stung IN the ear when I was about 6. to this day I scream like a lil' girl when I see one. the wife hates spiders even worse so it evens out I guess.

do I want to die? hell no. living is kind of cool. [understated]

does it cause me any terror? absolutely not.

I'll go ahead and just geek out here so as to attempt to explain myself the best I can.

Decay and it's agent Death are but cyclical processes that all life goes through. it's beyond natural and beneficial, it's absolutely necessary.

the particles in our bodies that are elementally higher than hydrogen and helium were formed from the massive explosions of stars much more ancient than our brains can really grasp.

these particles were flung outward "randomly" from many points across the sky. through the miracle of gravity (praise Xenu!), these particles grouped together into something greater than themselves. life was born of decay, even in the beginning.

I'm thankful to whatever cosmic algorithm there is that allowed me my human form. I'm glad that I'm not a mayfly with only one day to eat, fuck and fly (you know that's one hell of a good day though).

about 6 billion years from now, our sun will have exhausted it's nuclear fuel and begin to turn into a red giant. all of the material on the surface of this planet will be blown out toward deep space (and who knows eventually what).

I FUCKING DIG THAT. why would I be afraid of dying when I know that??

and like I said, I died before and it didn't ruin my life.

I have a ten year old son, and I could unequivocally say YES, I am afraid of his death and of him dying (even if it's due to his age). but it's based only on "selfish" reason (ie: I want my son to live a long life).

sorry for the ZOMG(MEGA)BLOG, hopefully this proves everyone right.

Great stuff...(although I still think...well, you know what I think)

I wrote something similar to your statement, "life was born of decay, even in the beginning," earlier in the thread and was thinking you might've missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Death is a pregnant emptiness. Object-loss, world-loss, self-loss...it is the precondition for all creation. Creation is in or out of the void, ex nihilo, thus all part of the process.
Eros and Thanatos are one, hence their great magic and great terror.

Creation out of nothing...the dimensions of time and space are integrated into that ultimate unity, bindu: a point, dot, drop, germ, seed, semen...the primal oudad.

Our world, the material that composes it, is primarily empty space. At the subatomic level, most of the mass of every atom, even of the most solid of matter, of a mountain, for instance, is overwhelmingly mostly empty space.

The Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy: the total energy in the universe is exactly zero. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, and merely changes from one form into another.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2007, 03:53 PM   #82
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses

truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2007, 06:08 PM   #83
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
If you mean I shame you with the sophist remark, it wasn't directed at you.

But if I shamed you in some other way, that's fabulous. I take immense pleasure in the suffering of those around me.

my quasi-quantum ramblings put me in the group.

on more false move and it's surely sepuku time for me (if death doesn't get to me first***).

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...&postcount=197

my drum kit's in shambles, and now I have death to worry about.

Atari: I get you man, and I hope you don't think I was just being contrary for the sake of it. I agree with about 95% of what you have to say, that's a decent percentage anytime on the net.

***as illustrated with scarey toys that children should never have:

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth