Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Weddings
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.13.2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Have been the bane of 2010 for me. Fuck anyone who has had one, is going to have one, has ever thought about having one, has ever been to one, or even knows what one is.

Question to people who have weddings: do you know how selfish and boring you are?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 06:32 PM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I once went to an alcohol-free wedding.

Shittiest shit that was ever shat.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
TB You mean weddings as an event, or marriage in general?

I've been to a wedding maybe when I was a wee kid, can't remember. As for marriage, I don't really see the point if yr not religious. I suppose the society expects you to register your relationship for bureaucratic purposes.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 06:47 PM   #4
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Have been the bane of 2010 for me. Fuck anyone who has had one, is going to have one, has ever thought about having one, has ever been to one, or even knows what one is.

Question to people who have weddings: do you know how selfish and boring you are?

its ok you will meet someone special someday.

going to a wedding in two weeks, open bar, on the beach, party, selfish or what.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 06:50 PM   #5
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i kind of like the idea of celebrating your love for each other.

but it has evolved into a giant waste of money for most people ("must have expensive dress and fancy location and 3000 guests!")

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 06:54 PM   #6
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
i kind of like the idea of celebrating your love for each other.

but it has evolved into a giant waste of money for most people ("must have expensive dress and fancy location and 3000 guests!")

yes i dont like the huge weddings that some people have with the massive ceremony and all that nonsense. we had ours in a public park, told a few friends/family. we really wanted to keep the cost down and we didnt want a huge over the top thing. my wife's dress cost about $50 from a second hand store but she altered it herself (she's good at that stuff) and we had a blast.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 06:59 PM   #7
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
yes i dont like the huge weddings that some people have with the massive ceremony and all that nonsense. we had ours in a public park, told a few friends/family. we really wanted to keep the cost down and we didnt want a huge over the top thing. my wife's dress cost about $50 from a second hand store but she altered it herself (she's good at that stuff) and we had a blast.

sounds exactly what i would love.

i knew a couple that didn't want any gifts, but just asked every guest to bring some food... resulting in a giant delicious buffet. for nothing.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
This is what weddings are doing to me this year

£1400 (approx) some of which is borrowed and will take until 2011 to pay back
8 holiday days used up
missing the lowest form of music tour
missing the graham lambkin show
not buying any records at all this year so far
barely having enough money for fags and the occasional pint
the deteroration of a friendship
a cunt load of stress
boring afternoons & polite conversation
Old 07.13.2010, 07:11 PM   #9
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
TB You mean weddings as an event, or marriage in general?

weddings, but marriage can fuck itself too.
Old 07.13.2010, 07:13 PM   #10
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I avoid weddings whenever possible. I think I've been to all of three, only enjoyed one and that was because it was my best friend's and I was the best man (outta every man there, i was the BEST!). psst.

I only enjoyed it because I got hooked up w/ tons of drink passes. No tellin' how many whiskey sours i drank that night.

He left it up to me as to wether or not I gave a speech. Initially I wasn't gonna, but I got drunk and basically said if I was going to do it ALL of his friends in attendance he grew up with (something like 6 peeps) had to give one. 'Course they were drunk enough to, and 'course I had to go first.

I cried. I was drunk. I went and grabbed 'em in front of maybe 200 people and kissed him on his pretty face. I wasn't crying because I was happy...I was crying because I knew I wouldn't get to see my best friend much anymore.

That was almost two years ago. I've seen 'em maybe 20 times since then (it used to be nearly every day...we even shared an apartment for three years). I miss 'em, still.

Marriage scares the shit outta me. I was almost married, once. She decided to break up w/ me when I decided I didn't want to get married.

I'm on a mission.
Old 07.13.2010, 07:43 PM   #11
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
They're not that bad....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 10:16 PM   #12
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
it's good that not everyone on here is a sour asshole. and dont bitch about weddings costing you money and holiday days as you can always rsvp in the negative and not go.

my wedding was so all my friends from all over the country could come over for a party. and we employed local artists to make our clothes, make our jewellery and take our photos. we also asked people not to give us presents and we put on a feast at a 4 star restaurant with all booze supplied with the cheapest bottle of wine at $40. damn we were selfish paying for our friends to have a great time, what boring and selfish cunts we are.

hahaha im clearly not as boring as you and dont winge like a little bitch nearly as much, grow up and dont be such a sallow cunt (pale fucker with lots of dead skin cells). you are the one who is selfish and boring.

ooohhh me other poeples joy is costing me holidays and money and miss out on the things i want to do... hmmm selfish and boring go figure

i say fuck anyone who thinks other peoples joy is a selfish and boring thing. you my friend are a souless cretin if you cannot share in the joy of your friends that are getting married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2010, 11:17 PM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hot damn. best wedding speech ever
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 12:32 AM   #14
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
i've never been to a wedding. i don't think i want to go to one, either, or have one.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 01:58 AM   #15
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
i agree with the point ploesj said about people competing in who's going to have more bombastic and big-ass wedding (inviting 8000 people, having it on a medieval castle, etc etc). if i ever decide to marry - which seems to be in a far future at this moment - it's going to be a modest yet enjoyable one, with just close family and a bunch of best friends.
but i don't despise weddings as such. if i'm invited to one, it's usually by someone that likes me, which makes the possibility that I'll have a good time there, higher.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 02:02 AM   #16
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
i just went to one a few days ago.... i was forced to. it sucked because there was nothing to do but dance.. and i dont DANCE because i suck at it and i think its stupid. i also had nothing to talk about with any of the people there because i dislike majority of my family. as for ever having a wedding of my own i dont see it happening. i dont like being in front of hundreds of people at once like that. I'm not religious either and i dont know how anyone would ever marry a dullard such as myself!

anyways, im sure no one will even read everything i just typed but i dont care. my point is that i think weddings are monotonous and boring.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 02:15 AM   #17
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I was close to getting married last year until the thought of spending the rest of my life with someone took over and I called it off. I also saved myself from turning into a husband-beater.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 02:31 AM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I once went to an alcohol-free wedding.

Shittiest shit that was ever shat.

I've been to one of those, and I can only concur with the sentiments above. Except I did go to a Muslim wedding that was a great laugh.

I like weddings when it's people I know well, or there's a free bar, or the people getting married are Irish. I don't like weddings when you're just there because you feel obliged to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 05:22 AM   #19
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Personally I'd like to get married someday... but I'd be too scared to make the decision of spending my whole life with someone. I mean, with my last girlfriend I was thinking, "oh we're gonna be together for years to come!" and that progressively just fell apart. Saying that though, you'd never know for sure and it's better to do what makes you happy in the moment, even if there will be a consequence years down the line.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 06:24 AM   #20
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
we got married for the fun of it really, we have already been together for 13 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Personally I'd like to get married someday... but I'd be too scared to make the decision of spending my whole life with someone. I mean, with my last girlfriend I was thinking, "oh we're gonna be together for years to come!" and that progressively just fell apart. Saying that though, you'd never know for sure and it's better to do what makes you happy in the moment, even if there will be a consequence years down the line.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth