Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What do you think of tool?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.10.2016, 08:56 AM   #121
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
With so many eyeballs in the artwork, the music has to be good!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2016, 09:48 AM   #122
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
to me "tool" is an insult.
Old 03.10.2016, 10:59 AM   #123
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'd rather listen to LCD system or Hot Chip than let Tool rape my earholes any day of the week motherfucker.
Don't you have a shoe store to camp out at to get those Yeezy boots?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2016, 12:13 PM   #124
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Haha! Well, there ya go then. Unless you're friends have PhDs in business admin., cause let's be honest - that would disqualify them.

Physicist
Biologist
Systems engineer
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2016, 12:15 PM   #125
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Don't you have a shoe store to camp out at to get those Yeezy boots?

Dude you've got me all wrong. I am strictly a loafer man. That's right, I like khakis and sweaters over nice cotton button downs. I wouldn't wear that shit.

Conversely, shouldn't you be apprenticing at a tattoo shop somewhere? Or maybe dreaming about that one time you went to Ozzfest and it was totally kick ass?
Old 03.10.2016, 03:11 PM   #126
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Dude you've got me all wrong. I am strictly a loafer man. That's right, I like khakis and sweaters over nice cotton button downs. I wouldn't wear that shit.

Conversely, shouldn't you be apprenticing at a tattoo shop somewhere? Or maybe dreaming about that one time you went to Ozzfest and it was totally kick ass?
I actually totally wish i had made it to that Ozzfest the year tool AND deftones were there??? And while i have no ink myself, it is true that i have spent a lot of time in tattoo shops..

But hey, I'm a grown azz man i ain't worried about what yall think of my tastes in music. And indeed, frankly i think a lot of what yall on SYG listen to SUCKS but i rarely hold it against anyone. Indeed it kinda does disappoint me though, because i always want to discover new bands an music. I check out the what are you listening to thread routinely and go on YouTube to check out what yall are listening to. One time i spent like four straight hours doing this only to find out that there were 24 pages of shit music

Old 03.10.2016, 03:30 PM   #127
Severian
invito al cielo

Hey man, I'm not really hating on you at all. Like I said, I do enjoy some of Tool's music (ok, just a bit on Aenima, but whatever).... obviously I've seen them live myself more than once. I just have a bad association with them for a number of reasons that I can't really go into detail about. My girlfriend LOVES them, and I'm not "allowed" to joke about the more ridiculous parts of their whole schpeal and their more "unfortunate" fans (who really crack me up more than anything else).

I know enough about you not to judge you for liking Tool. I like you, and I'm just having a bit of fun. It's kind of satisfying to mock you a bit about liking this band, because you're relentless about Kanye, and I genuinely don't know of any other bands you like that are so easy to make fun of. (Well, maybe Deftones, but I've seen them too, so I shouldn't talk... they're no Tool, that's for sure!)

BUT- don't act like I don't seek out new music. I may not post it in the what I'm listening to thread, but I probably add at least one new artist to my music collection every day on average. I rock jazz, classical, ambient, folk, noise, metal, rap, punk and blues on a regular basis. My appetite for new music is insatiable. It's one addiction that I willingly admit to and happily feed.

I have to plug my iPods in every goddamn day to put new shit on and throw old shit out for a bit. It's the first thing I do when I wake up... I check blogs and sites and I check out tracks from artists I've never heard before, and build libraries of artists that are old favorites.

I wake up two hours before I have to so I have time to do this shot because it's an essential part of my life.

Yeah, I may talk mostly about Kanye and Aphex Twin on this board, but that's partly because the hip hop café is my favorite thread, and there are a lot of fans of those artists here. But if you're going to call me out for having limited tastes or not being open to new music, Ima have to call bullshit on you. You, who wrote that all "electronic music is boring" just a few hours ago.

Maybe you were referring to other folks, in which case, maybe you're right. But you're fucking crazy if you think I'm not an adventurous music seeker.
Old 03.10.2016, 03:37 PM   #128
Severian
invito al cielo

Actually there are a lot of really major music connoisseurs on this board. I think it's kind of a reach to accuse the board at large of only liking bullshit.

But maybe you're having a laugh, and I'm misreading the situation. Hope so, because you should certainly be able to take a little friendly ribbing about a band that asks for it pretty goddamn hard, given how vocal you yourself are anout the music you dislike.

I love you though. Even if you are the one guy I know who praised that last U2 record
Old 03.10.2016, 03:38 PM   #129
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
to me "tool" is an insult.

Now you know how music feels.

Ba-doom-doom!
Old 03.10.2016, 03:59 PM   #130
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Actually there are a lot of really major music connoisseurs on this board. I think it's kind of a reach to accuse the board at large of only liking bullshit.

But maybe you're having a laugh, and I'm misreading the situation. Hope so, because you should certainly be able to take a little friendly ribbing about a band that asks for it pretty goddamn hard, given how vocal you yourself are anout the music you dislike.

I love you though. Even if you are the one guy I know who praised that last U2 record
Dude that there are so many self proclaimed "connoisseurs" all the more disappointing to me because I'm just being honest, the music on the threads is garbage! Real talk i been here since June 2004 (in hunter Thompson voice "God has it been that long?") and aside from MC Tree which you introduced me to i can't think of even ONE band that this forum introduced me to that i like and its not for a lack of checking out shit on my part. I love new music and i am open minded, like i told ya about Kanye i never dismiss or diss a band or artists without checking out as much of their music as i can. I have checked out dozens if not hundreds of bands posted on this forum and i can't think of ONE that made it to my rotation.

Old 03.10.2016, 04:00 PM   #131
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

And i never 0NCE said or even insinuated "limited tastes" rather i specifically said SHIT tastes even if expansive shit.

Also i didn't praise the last U2 record but to be fair the one from like ten years ago was tolerable and i don't mind some vintage U2 even if Bono and the Edge are the most self absorbed pricks in music NOT names Kanye

Old 03.10.2016, 04:08 PM   #132
Severian
invito al cielo

You're weird. Tree's not even that great. I've name dropped a thousand more interesting artists on this board.

Oh well. I'm sorry you don't like stuff. I've been turned on to a lot of good music here. I don't have a very solid idea of what you like (Sleater-Kinney, yeah, Eazy, got it, The Dead, sure, Tool, ok... but I have no idea what common thread is) ... If I did I'd recommend you some shit.

Did you ever listen to any of the modern post-punk bands I messaged you about? Some of them are fairly ordinary, but others are absolute hidden treasures. Black Bug doesn't even exist anymore, never got enough traction. And I don't know if we'll ever hear from Dub Thompson again, but fuck... those albums were worth hearing.

I never heard a word back from you about any of that stuff.
Old 03.10.2016, 04:13 PM   #133
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
You're weird. Tree's not even that great. I've name dropped a thousand more interesting artists on this board.

Oh well. I'm sorry you don't like stuff. I've been turned on to a lot of good music here. I don't have a very solid idea of what you like (Sleater-Kinney, yeah, Eazy, got it, The Dead, sure, Tool, ok... but I have no idea what common thread is) ... If I did I'd recommend you some shit.

Did you ever listen to any of the modern post-punk bands I messaged you about? Some of them are fairly ordinary, but others are absolute hidden treasures. Black Bug doesn't even exist anymore, never got enough traction. And I don't know if we'll ever hear from Dub Thompson again, but fuck... those albums were worth hearing.

I never heard a word back from you about any of that stuff.
I don't think i was able to because of my limited internet access since i moved.

Hey, don't take it personally I'm just trash talking yall back! We'z all grown here. I may be a Christian but im on that "marry who you love" tip and indeed "listen to what you love" regardless of what SuchFriends thinks of it. What yall think of me never changed my tastes.. i do miss atsonicpark, he liked tool

Old 03.10.2016, 04:59 PM   #134
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Indeed i adore tool so much i just listening to 10 000 Days on my way home from work on the Metro and shit even most tool fans i know don't like that record

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth