Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Anyone have a bootleg of Thurston Moore & John Moloney performing Ono soul live?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.17.2013, 10:19 AM   #1
caught_on_tape
empty page

caught_on_tape has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Had the pleasure of interviewing Thurston Moore and filming some of one of his shows, a few months back during his Irish tour with John Moloney. Delighted with the footage, only problem is the audio on the zoom came out terrible ("A bad workman always blames his tools"). So what I really need to piece it together is a decent recording of Thurston and John performing Ono Soul live at any indoor gig and I reckon I can make it work.

If somebody can help a fellow Sonic youth fan, id be very grateful plus id give you a credit in what hopefully will become a neat little video.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Ambiguous Fiddle media
caught_on_tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
wish I had seen this tour to help ya.

Remember when Re-Run recorded the Doobie Bros.?

Old 07.20.2013, 04:57 AM   #3
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Which show did you go to?

I uploaded both of these recently...

Thurston Moore & John Moloney

2013-01-22

The Stiff Kitten
1 Bankmore Square
BT7 1DH Belfast
Ireland

Line-up:

Thurston Moore : Guitar/Vocals
John Moloney - Drums

Setlist:

01 Intro
02 Alighted
03 Pretty Bad
04 Talk & Poem
05 Burroughs
06 Queen Bee & Her Pals
07 Staring Statues
08 See-Through Play/Mate
09 Ono Soul
10 Encore Break/Talk
11 Psychic Hearts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thurston Moore & John Moloney

2013-01-19

Whelan's
25 Wexford Street
Dublin,
Co. Dublin,
Ireland

Line-up:

Thurston Moore : Guitar/Vocals
John Moloney - Drums

Setlist:

01 Intro
02 Alighted
03 Lip
04 Burroughs
05 Pretty Bad
06 Talk & Poem
07 Tuning & Talk
08 Staring Statues
09 Queen Bee And Her Pals
10 See-Through Play/Mate
11 Ono Soul
12 Encore Break
13 Onyx Eyes (Mina Loy)
14 Psychic Hearts

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2013, 05:26 AM   #4
caught_on_tape
empty page

Trust an Irish man to land on his feet. Two recordings to choose from and both from Irish Dates, nothing short of amazing.

Where did you upload them Stu?

I went to the two Cork shows and it was amazing how much they varied. The first night in Debarras Folk Club was so raw the entire set was one long improvised piece, with all the signature Thurston thrills. It was really nice seeing him in such an intimate setting.

The second night in the Crane Lane he played a similar set to the whelans/stiff kitten shows. An Equally impressive rockier show, with the crowd lapping it up myself included.

Sean
Old 07.20.2013, 05:28 AM   #5
caught_on_tape
empty page

@ Rob

I wasn't until I educated myself.
The Internet, where would we be without it.
Hopefully Stu's audio wont feature any pop corn munching.
Old 07.20.2013, 05:32 AM   #6
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
I put them up at dimeadozen (a bit torrent site). I can upload them to wetransfer or rapidshare if you want. Did you want the full show(s) or just Ono Soul? Also what format would you like. I have the 24-bit WAV master recordings, FLAC and MP3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caught_on_tape
Trust an Irish man to land on his feet. Two recordings to choose from and both from Irish Dates, nothing short of amazing.

Where did you upload them Stu?

I went to the two Cork shows and it was amazing how much they varied. The first night in Debarras Folk Club was so raw the entire set was one long improvised piece, with all the signature Thurston thrills. It was really nice seeing him in such an intimate setting.

The second night in the Crane Lane he played a similar set to the whelans/stiff kitten shows. An Equally impressive rockier show, with the crowd lapping it up myself included.

Sean

Old 07.20.2013, 05:57 AM   #7
caught_on_tape
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
I put them up at dimeadozen (a bit torrent site). I can upload them to wetransfer or rapidshare if you want. Did you want the full show(s) or just Ono Soul? Also what format would you like. I have the 24-bit WAV master recordings, FLAC and MP3...

Tried using dimeadozen but they are not allowing new accounts.
So Wetransfer would be great (ambiguousfiddle@gmail.com)
I'd like to listen to the full shows for myself,but I only need Ono Soul.
So if its any hassle or taking too long don't bother sending on full gigs.

Wavs are beautiful, i'd take anything at this stage obviously. Bloody hate lossy mp3's especially with final cut pro. It puts pops in the audio for some baffling reason.

What's your name so can I credit you?
I wont say where you recorded the audio, there'll be no repercussions.
We have Thurston and his suit wearing peoples blessing on this one,
nothing to fear.

Thank you so much,

Sean
Old 07.20.2013, 06:09 AM   #8
stu666
Super Moderator

I'll upload the shows for you in FLAC then if that's ok as the WAV files are over 1GB and my internet connection is very slow. I didn't record it myself (although I do tape a lot of shows), I was sent the recordings and asked to share them. I'll ask the taper if it's ok for you to use the audio and credit him...

You can check out some of my recordings here: http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote:
Tried using dimeadozen but they are not allowing new accounts.
So Wetransfer would be great (ambiguousfiddle@gmail.com)
I'd like to listen to the full shows for myself,but I only need Ono Soul.
So if its any hassle or taking too long don't bother sending on full gigs.

Wavs are beautiful, i'd take anything at this stage obviously. Bloody hate lossy mp3's especially with final cut pro. It puts pops in the audio for some baffling reason.

What's your name so can I credit you?
I wont say where you recorded the audio, there'll be no repercussions.
We have Thurston and his suit wearing peoples blessing on this one,
nothing to fear.

Thank you so much,

Sean

Old 07.20.2013, 06:17 AM   #9
caught_on_tape
empty page

yup same here long for fibre power but doubt i'll ever see it my small town.
I was just being nosey with the audio the two versions of Ono Soul would be amazing. Preferably wavs but beggars can't be choosers.

Cheers

Sean
Old 07.20.2013, 06:21 AM   #10
stu666
Super Moderator

Quote:
yup same here long for fibre power but doubt i'll ever see it my small town.
I was just being nosey with the audio the two versions of Ono Soul would be amazing. Preferably wavs but beggars can't be choosers.

Cheers

Sean

As long as the taper agrees I will send you the original WAVs for the 2 versions of Ono Soul. Then the full shows I could send as FLAC.

Old 07.23.2013, 05:55 PM   #11
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Dammit, I'm still trying to get a copy of The Only Way to go is Straight Through.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2013, 11:28 AM   #12
caught_on_tape
empty page

Hey Stu, any word from the taper?

Sean
Old 09.06.2013, 04:02 AM   #13
caught_on_tape
empty page

Hey Stu, i'm in a bit of a predicament the deadline for this project is the 19th of September. I really could use that audio if the taper would allow it. This is my only option for clean audio. If I don't get it means a little more than just a video with bad sound. I know Thurston is going to watch it. The thought of one of my all time favorite artists disliking my work is pretty soul crushing. I'd really appreciate a response.

Sean

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth