Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page BitTorrent Announcements <Live music downloads at dimeadozen.org>
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.04.2009, 03:27 PM   #1845
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
i'm TRYING to download my FIRST TORRENT EVER.
i succeeded in creating an account at last.
i installed the Burst! thingie.
and i'm currently letting it supposedly download a torrent file (??)
at least it looks like it on the small black screen up there.
he he
will report back to say if i'm a winner or if i fail again.
Old 02.04.2009, 03:54 PM   #1847
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
i'm TRYING to download my FIRST TORRENT EVER.
i succeeded in creating an account at last.
i installed the Burst! thingie.
and i'm currently letting it supposedly download a torrent file (??)
at least it looks like it on the small black screen up there.
he he
will report back to say if i'm a winner or if i fail again.

did you join dime?

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2009, 03:56 PM   #1848
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
^^ yes son!
Old 02.04.2009, 04:04 PM   #1849
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
ahhh welcome! it's quite easy to get addicted to this shit so go easy to begin with is yr torrent file downloading ok? also remember to seed for a bit to help yr ratio.

Old 02.04.2009, 04:08 PM   #1850
greedrex
invito al cielo

yeah so i've been reading about the leech thing (leaving it open for a good while) it's cool.
Idownloaded the Yola tengo and the SY @Lorelei. Currently deflacing the YLT.
will check out the sounds when it's done, but it's looking good AND easy? i'd like to share some stuff but i've hadly got ANY wav..
I don't go tapin' shows.
i'm afraid it's going to be a one way thing . Should i feel guilty???
Old 02.04.2009, 04:13 PM   #1851
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yeah so i've been reading about the leech thing (leaving it open for a good while) it's cool.
Idownloaded the Yola tengo and the SY @Lorelei. Currently deflacing the YLT.
will check out the sounds when it's done, but it's looking good AND easy? i'd like to share some stuff but i've hadly got ANY wav..
I don't go tapin' shows.
i'm afraid it's going to be a one way thing . Should i feel guilty???
Nah, as long as your ratio is above 1.00 (i.e., you upload more than you download) the universal karmic balance will not be disrupted by the forces of evil.

Also (if you haven't done so already) check www.portforward.com - opening your ports helps your ratio a lot.

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2009, 04:14 PM   #1852
stu666
Super Moderator

i've never uploaded a show on dime and i've now downloaded 810GB

Old 02.04.2009, 04:17 PM   #1853
greedrex
invito al cielo

^^nice , will do that real soon; thx for the info.
thx Rappard for the Lorelei show. In fact i will be able to reburn a fresh copy of this show. and it originally missed the end of DV69 with Contre.

btw did you have a look in yr files f you had come across the 02.02.1999 SY show in Lyon Transbordeur/France?
I posted a message about this in the lossless archive thread yesterday....
you never know.
Old 02.04.2009, 04:30 PM   #1854
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
^^nice , will do that real soon; thx for the info.
thx Rappard for the Lorelei show. In fact i will be able to reburn a fresh copy of this show. and it originally missed the end of DV69 with Contre.

btw did you have a look in yr files f you had come across the 02.02.1999 SY show in Lyon Transbordeur/France?
I posted a message about this in the lossless archive thread yesterday....
you never know.
No, that one's pretty elusive. I had mp3s (128 kbps) a looooong time ago (received from French trader sonictooth), but deleted them as they were badly encoded from a mediocre audience recording. Board member tris1979 apparently has a copy: http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?...how_users=true.

Anyway, I'll ask around in trading circles.

Old 02.04.2009, 04:35 PM   #1855
greedrex
invito al cielo

mafia!

i remember that sonictooth dude from huh 1956 ha ha
is he still alive?
he had a site up somewhere with his list and all yeah

bah it's a shame my bootleg is so fucked up.
I ripped it and it's just no good, i can't do anything about it.
It's a good show although the sound was kinda too into the reverb.
anyway i've been trying to find this to replace it cuz it had nice artwork and all, you know...
it's nice if you can ask around.
i will buy you huh flowers?
Old 02.04.2009, 05:25 PM   #1856
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Belly - Grant Park, Chicago, 4th July 1993 (FM, repost)

Sugar - Roskilde Festival 01 July 93 AUD M0 and FM sources

Dick Dale 1995-10-25 Other World, St.Louis Soundboard EX

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2009, 05:29 PM   #1857
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
mafia!

i remember that sonictooth dude from huh 1956 ha ha
is he still alive?
he had a site up somewhere with his list and all yeah
[snip]
Thread hijack!

I think the last time I saw SonicTooth (real name: M.T.) was prior to the Paris 2002 Yoof show, where he (rightfully) chided me for not recognising Inhuman. Shortly thereafter he sold his nice but cramped Marais apartment, moved to the French countryside with his wife and daughter, and auctioned & sold his *massive* Yoof collection on eBay & the previous reincarnation of this board. You wouldn't believe the stuff he had - first editions of pretty much everything, rare acetates, basically every compilation that any Yoof member just even farted on - thousands and thousands of items.

Sadly I've lost touch with him - I did email him a while back at his work address but never received a reply, so I guess he moved jobs. Pity, as he was a really nice guy as well, with none of the comic-bookstore-owner pompousness/creepiness you often see in collectors.

Ou sont les neiges de l'antan?

Old 02.04.2009, 05:59 PM   #1858
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
OFFONOFF (Terrie Ex, Massimo Pupillo & Paal Nilssen-Love), Barcelona, 2009-02-03

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 10:02 AM   #1860
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappard
Thread hijack!

I think the last time I saw SonicTooth (real name: M.T.) was prior to the Paris 2002 Yoof show, where he (rightfully) chided me for not recognising Inhuman. Shortly thereafter he sold his nice but cramped Marais apartment, moved to the French countryside with his wife and daughter, and auctioned & sold his *massive* Yoof collection on eBay & the previous reincarnation of this board. You wouldn't believe the stuff he had - first editions of pretty much everything, rare acetates, basically every compilation that any Yoof member just even farted on - thousands and thousands of items.

Sadly I've lost touch with him - I did email him a while back at his work address but never received a reply, so I guess he moved jobs. Pity, as he was a really nice guy as well, with none of the comic-bookstore-owner pompousness/creepiness you often see in collectors.

Ou sont les neiges de l'antan?
i know.
he had a gigantic collection but came out as weird/cautious when it came to trading and i just left it/forgot about it... Interesting, what you say anyway.

NOOB QUESTION:
This here thread is massive. How long are torrents available?
I mean, if i go back to page 5 of this thread ie Some two years ago, and clink on a dime link , will it still be available or is there a time limit and then it huh autodestroys itself?
mind you, i'll just try.. heh
83909192 93 949596103143193593 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth